Music Jazz and Blaster play

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sunwalker, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Sunwalker

Sunwalker New Member

Hi all.

Is the music Jazz and Blaster play in G1 a real song and if so what is it called?

Thanks

2. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

could you be more specific?perhaps add a link to youtube if they have a clip of what you're referring to...

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    nah, they always play that same heavy metal kinda song. i think autobots were limited to 1-2 track per bot then.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Yeah, Jazz and Blaster only played like...one song. I don't know if anyone's ever put it on Youtube, but if you need a good listen to it, it plays throughout...and quite often...in the episode "Auto Bop." (Is that the one where Starscream and Soundwave open their own evil disco club?)

And, I'd also like to know if anyone knows if this is a real song, and if so, if it's in mp3 form? :) 

5. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I can tell you the song must be owned by Marvel because Transformers is NOT the first place I heard it. It's also in an old Spider-Man cartoon from the late 1970's-early 1980's.
    I knew I had heard the song somewhere before and when I saw the Spider-Man cartoon again I knew for sure. It's played in an episode where Peter Parker is at a costume party and fights the Green Goblin. I'm sure the song has popped up many a time in other Marvel/Sunbow productions as well.

6. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, like most of other background music in G1, most of the music was recylcled for other Marvel-Sunbow productions. I definitely heard that generic Rock-Disco theme in Gi Joe and one of the early 80s Spiderman cartoons.

You won't be able to find a clean mp3 version of it definitely, but I've heard midi versions of it, as well as some fan's alternate rendition.

7. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I think it was called Rock and like others said, it's been used in other Marvel/Sunbow shows. I'm pretty sure I heard it on GI JOE once or twice.

8. Lord Of Tetris

Got links? :) 

9. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I thought it was Cold Slither from Gi-Joe.

10. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry, I can't remember where exactly I got them from, it has been a long time since I first found them. I don't even have the mp3 fan rendition version anymore. However, I still have the crappy midi and have uploaded it unto my own space here: http://www.geocities.com/op_prime_g1/AutoBopBackgroundMusic.mid

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the *other* piece of rock music the show uses. It's also in "Auto-Bop," and used pretty prominently in "Quest for Survival," too. The midi Op_Prime's posted is the more widely-used one, with all the... trumpets.

WAH-wah, wah-WAH, wah-wah, WAH-WAH, WAH-wah....

12. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

I'm jammin out to that crappy midi! :D 

13. Lord Of Tetris

Yup, I think there's 2 songs. There's the MIDI that was posted, and there's another song that sounds a lot like "Rock the Kasbah." It's the song Blaster plays to kill the plants in that episode where, uh, the metal plants eat the Insecticons.

14. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I just always figured it was "Generic 80's Cartoon Music Track #1" I feel like I heard the same song on "The Real Ghostbusters"

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes yes indeed, that episode is the aforementioned "Quest for Survival," and that piece of music is most widely recognized as "Cold Slither" - a song sung by the Dreadknoks when they pose as a rock group as part of another wacky Cobra scheme in the G.I. Joe episode, "Cold Slither." Whether or not it was actually WRITTEN to BE "Cold Slither," and was then simply recycled for Transformers, or if the Joe staff just wrote some words to go with a pre-existing piece of stock rock, I don't know.

"We're Coooold Slither, you'll be joining us soon,
    A band of vipers, playing our tune,
    With an iron fist, and a reptile hiss,
    We shall ruuuule..."

16. Attobot2006

Attobot2006 Well-Known Member

17. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Zombie thread! The "generic rock" theme is awesome. That, and all of Season 3's music.

18. glinthos

glinthos doomed hometown

Back in the '90s fandom, the jazzy horn piece was "generic rock song #1", and the synth-bass instrumental version of "Cold Slither" was "generic rock song #2".

Some of the background pieces for Season 3 were adapted from the score for the GI Joe movie.

19. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Man those two :rock  out to rock music that doesnt suck and has awesome solos

20. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

The first time I heard that piece of music was on Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. Which is on Netflix btw (shameless plug).