Music for the Movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lion, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Hello...is there any leads on what the music will be like for the movie soundtrack? I know this has probably been discussed, but any solid news?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

No news that I've heard, but anyone familiar with the animated G1 movie soundtrack should find this moderately amusing:
    [​IMG]

3. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Yeah its prolly the music used for the first trailer made, which doesnt sound all that bad, orcestra and what not.

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I thought it was a joke at first. Like someone posing as a member of the band pleading his case to do the music for this movie. Or worse, an actual member I suppose.

While we have been over this before..many times..orchestral>rock. If I hear AFI or some shit blaring from the trailer, or find out that Bumblebee miraculously communicates only in songs by similarly shitty bands on labels under the same corporate umbrella, I will skip the movie.

5. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Iam sure theirs an extent to being bad music and being just terrible, I dont think AFI or any other group makes it!

The desighns from ILM make look a lil funny, but if anything bay has good taste in orchestra!

But th end credits might have like, Nickelback:Hero, and stuff like that.

6. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    You know, I've never even thought about that. I can assure you, I'm an actual member of the boards, NOT a member of the band, and after realizing it, just feel like a member..... WOW. I really am looking for music news.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    oh shit lol good call there FP XD

8. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Hopefully it will be some "Thrashin Metal!!" Yeah..Metal..

9. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Steve Jablonsky did the score for the Island, Bad Boys 2, and the remakes of Amityvill and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Plus additional work on MGS 2, Pearl Harbor, and Pirates 1.

I think we can expect a mix of mostly actual scored music, with the odd bit of licensed music thrown in.

10. betetta

betetta guitar face

the "bumblebee speaking" songs will count as part of the soundtrack??

if so..... *very mild spoiler, highlight to read* if i remember correctly there will be one barry white song, one aerosmith song and "baby come back" by player.

BTW lol @ FP, it's more than moderately amusing.

11. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

That was the first thing that came to mind upon seeing that as well. ELL-OH-ELL.

As for music (I don't know how many times I've posted this), in a perfect world, I'd want to hear some really epic-like orchestral scores, to really make the battles seem intense. I really don't want to hear any rap/nu-metal/punk/whatever. If it's used to create realism (used for radios/etc.) that's fine, but seeing that used during action scenes would make the movie feel unbelievably cheesy and would totally wreck the experience for me...

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised to see such tracks used in the film, considering its status as your basic summer action flick, so I'll have to learn to stomach it.

12. flamepanther

I dunno. The original G1 movie as well as the original Highlander would lose much of their charm if they lost their rock soundtracks. Who can forget the soundtrack to Top Gun? After so long, the 80's pop rock soundtrack is one of the only things I still like about that movie. I don't care what genre the music is as long as each piece fits the scene it's used in and gives the movie some added character. Done right, orchestral scores can be grand, dramatic, and timeless. Not done right, they can be generic, uninspiring, and forgettable. They should do what feels right for the film, not blindly decide "we should use rock" or "we should use an orchestra" beforehand.

13. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Im the only one who dont get it :( 

14. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If they don’t have 'The Touch' in the movie all of my childhood will have been raped.

15. flamepanther

A band called "Lion" performed the TransFormers theme song for the 1986 movie. With that in mind, the information for the thread looked like "Music for the Movie, by Lion" or like the band Lion was asking about the music for the movie.

16. BIG SUMO

BIG SUMO Active Member

I think The Touch should play at some point during the movie. Not as the soundtrack, because that would be silly. Maybe in the background on a radio or something. Or end credits. :) 

17. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Ohhh, gotta love the coincidence :D 

Thanks for the heads up, now I dont feel like an idiot...as much

18. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Weird Al

19. flamepanther

I think it would be cool if "Novacane" by Beck was in it. Numerous references to semi trucks and at least one mention of robots always make me think of Prime.

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    If I remember correctly, Cliff Jablonsky (Yablonsky?) directed the music for the teaser. If he's doing the music for the film, I'm satisfied. So long as it's no Hanz Zimmer churned-out garbage, like most of Bay's films.