Non-TF: "Murphy . . . !"

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Superquad7, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ok, so I finished another one of these. This is the scene immediately after Alex's death, where Lewis comes up to his body just after the shooting and reacts to everything.

[​IMG]

This style of illustration is still working pretty well for me, as it's forcing me to illustrate in a way I'm not used to doing. The style is an awkwardness that is very much welcomed, as it's this aspect that's really pushing me. It's creating a way of seeing that I've not experienced since I was a small boy just learning to draw. It's one of the most liberating things I've done artistically.

At any rate, I hope you enjoy it! More to come!

Attached Files:

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Quaddy, I'm not usually a big fan of b&w works, but you did a great job filling her eyes with a ton of emotion...I could 'see' it in the thumbnail and enlarged even more so. I think you did a great job capturing the moment...a very sad moment. :( 

Keep'em coming!! :thumb 

3. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'd like to see TF animation in that style mabye LSOTW, it's full of emotion and dark.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Nicey. Always a fan of black and white art. I especially like how you blurred out the background.

5. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Her real reaction is "Murphy... They're going to do a remake!"

But in all seriousness, it's quite nice, I liked the other ones you did as well.

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks a lot! It's a very horrific scene, and Lewis' response captures the same one of the audience. Murphy wasn't just killed - he was absolutely slaughtered to the point that barely anything was left of him. The fact he survived at all is a miracle in and of itself. This scene really stuck out to me the last time I watched the movie. I'm glad I was able to capture some of that. :) 

That would be pretty cool, though I have no plans myself of anything TF-related in this fashion. This sketchy, bold black style has very much been an experiment of mine with Robocop stuff. I wanted to force myself to go in directions that I would otherwise not go in.

This was a big decision for me. Once I pulled this into Photoshop, I decided towards the end of my post production that I'd try this out. The original illustration was not blurred, of course. Doing this made things look very different. I flip-flopped back and forth for a while, and ended up deciding to go this way. The unaltered background was just too harsh and void of contrast.

:lol  Yeah, if that's the case, I'm right there with Lewis.

Thanks for praise :) 

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    That scene is always very hard for me to watch, you're right, they didn't leave much of him....which was even more horrific...I turn my head away every time. :( 

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Yeah, same for me. However, it really makes Clarence's gang VERY sinister, and it exemplifies Murphy's death and resurrection. Honestly, Lewis' response here is one I have nearly every time.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looking good, me and b&w sketching with anything other than a pencil, doesn't work, the emotion and detail is very well done

10. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pft..Stupid Lewis...just stand there while your partner gets blown away..if she weren't so interested in the "dark meat" she could have been there to help in the first place..

11. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Nice one, Allen! If I may say so, very Sin-City-ish. :thumb 

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks a lot, bud! The emotional response is what I wanted to most capture here. I'm glad you like it :) 

I've thought this same thing a few times, but I think once Lewis came upon the gang just blasting away, she was not only horrified but she saw quickly all she could do was duck and cover. I'd say it'd be a pretty humbling feeling to feel so powerless in an instance like this. Also, Joe was pretty swift taking out Lewis. I think she mainly vastly underestimated him, as it seemed she didn't want him having his junk flying around. That's my take on that at least.

Thanks! Obviously, Miller's work has greatly influenced this last series of sketches.

Thanks again so very much for your comments, guys; it's really appreciated!