Murphy: Cullen/Welker For The Movie Is Far From A Done Deal

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the Clone Wars Cartoon all of the voices are impersonated perfectly. I'm sure that for Transformers they could always take option D, and find other guys who could come pretty darn close to the originals. Personally, I could care less as long as the voices fit the character. I mean, if Prime sounds like Prime and Megatron like Megatron, I dont care who is behind the mic. I'm just hoping they dont say "screw it" and make the voices really out of left field.

Think of it this way, we have been through this exact same situation before with Beast Wars and beyond, no? We already had "someone else" play Prime and Megs and for the most part we love them. :thumbs2:  As always, all we can do is hope for the best

2. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
  3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they want VAs that 'sound' like Cullen and Welker, they'll just get Cullen and Welker. They are way cheaper than big name Hollywood voice talent. No sense spending the money on a big name then ask them to sound like the originals.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

exactly

the reason why they dont have the original voices in Clone Wars is because the original actors would cost a fortune. The scenario doesnt transfer to this situation as like Mach said, finding the REAL voices would be cheaper than getting some big name replacement

i dont see how dreamworks could lose

Though one thing to remember, while having Cullen would be great, this movie will be a complete re-imagining of the TFs

the only thing the same is the title and the fact that there's alien robots that transform into cars and some names. thats about it. Murphy's already said that if you come in expecting a G1 movie you really got another thing coming, which is where the execs are coming from.

Maybe i do sound double-minded but i stand by what i said about having Cullen would be a great nod to the fans. Just dont expect G1. You'll be let down

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

No offense but what you say in that post is as you put it"double-sided"

From what I can tell the whole reason some fans want Cullen is because this movie's supposed to be based on G1.Although I simply consider it a revised version myself.

And since as you said "Murphy's already said that if you come in expecting a G1 movie you really got another thing coming" Therefore Cullen really won't make or break the film.It'd be as you said more of a nod then anything else.

And all the G1 nods in existence won't make a difference if this movie is LEGITIMATELY bad;) 

6. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I hope Michael lets them do it. Chalk and Kaye I could do without thank you very much.

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

no offense taken? :p 

like i said, Cullen would be a great nod and i'd love him to play Prime [since his voice is the definitive of an "Optimus Prime. I'd take cullen as Prime over Chalk any day. Chalk will always be Primal]

Just because you'd have Cullen wouldnt make it G1, just like Armada having Chalk doesnt make the character Optimus Primal

the movie wont be G1 but itd be great to have Cullen voice Prime is what i'm saying. so maybe i wasnt quite clear or something

as for everybody already predicting it to be "another of Bay's summer action flops" just wait for the movie to come out to pass judgement. You may not like Bay but give the movie a chance.

I just cant believe how much negativity comes out of the fandom these days :stick: 

8. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course, if they DID spend the big bucks and got like Gary Oldman or Andy Serkis to do Megatron and Starscream I wouldn't be complaining :D  :dj 

9. Shaun_C

Quoted for truth,particularly the last part

The fandom these days has a very self-defeating attitude.How can you say a movie will be bad when there isn't even a trailer or script yet?

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

its cuz taht Mickel Baye!! He be teh devil and everything he touches turns to mokey poo!11

:rolleyes: 

11. Shaun_C

:lol  :lol 

Seriously though,all I know it that IF the trailer interests me. I plan to just enjoy the movie on it's own merits.Not based on how many G1 fanwanks I spot

Although I'll most likely just rent the DVD.I wouldn't be surprised if at the theater some overzealous fanboy/girl starts singing "Transformers..........more then meets the eye"

And I'd LOVE for one of these supposed boycotters to try and stop me.I'd laugh in their face then go in and enjoy myself

12. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I'd personally like to hear an older Cullen doing Prime's movie voice. I think twenty years later, his older & gravelly voice would give Prime a wiser and more powerful demeanor. Welker would be cool also.

If not, here are my guesses for an all-star cast:

O.Prime - Adam West (his voice rules! Bill Shatner, my 2nd pick, is too expensive)
    Jazz - Gary Coleman ("wacha talkin' about Optimus...")
    Prowl - David Hasselhoff ('cause Germans looove...)
    Bumblebee - Bart Simpson ("don't have a cow, Prime")
    Hot Rod & Arcee - Bennifer II (you need chemistry)
    Megatron - Howard Stern
    Starcream - Axl Rose
    Soundwave - Ben Stern
    Laserbeak - Gilbert Godfrey (now I'm just being silly)

13. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Cullen and Welker should be in it, but Welker shouldn't be Megatron. That job should go to Kaye. Welkers Megatron is too screechy for a good villain. It will make him farcical.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My "Way too obvious" sense believes Patrick Stewart will be either Optimus or Megatron (if not both :)  )

15. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Optimus Primal and BW Megatron are completely different characters. And I think most people will agree that the voice acting of Armada - Cybertron hasn't exactly been great.

16. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    *sighs* I just hope they cast someone who doesn't make me think of a 20 yr old cartoon. I want something new. Otherwise, why the hell am I paying $15+munchies to go see it? I saw them 20 years ago the first time around.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Also, Armada thru Cybertron were dubbed where Beast Wars/Machines were animated to the voice recordings, which allows for a bit more "life" from the voice performers.

And on the movie...

(Chris Griffin) I bet Samuel L. Jackson's in it ... He's in everything! (/Chris Griffin)

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'll say the same thing I said last time we talked about a known actor playing Ops and Megs. I don't remember his name, but I'd like to see the guy whom played Morpheus in The Matrix do Ops voice. Megs... I still say I want Kaye, but know that's not likely to happen.

19. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Lawrence Fishburne for Optimus? That's definitely doable... If the star power in this movie includes the big bots and not just the human characters, I'd have to say my pick for Prime would probably be Jonathan Frakes. Not as "Hollywood" as some of the other options, but he has the right pitch and manner of speaking.

20. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    I've said it once and I'll say it again, if Cullen can't reprise his role as Prime I want Avery Brooks to get the gig. He's got a fantastic voice and he can pull it off like no one else can, IMO.

I don't have a clue who I'd want for Megs, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.