Multiple Monitors...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, Jan 20, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    any one have or ever used a computer rigged with more than one monitor?
    i have seen a couple of setups, but never had any experience using it.

The only things i could ever use it for would to make video editing a tad easier for me or helping me edit my documents into a single volume. nothing really game-related.

i admit i saw a three monitor setup running FSX and it made me air-sick. it looked that good.

any thoughts?

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I used to until my big monitor finally died. Nothing much for gaming since my set up would just stretch across the monitors. It was pretty awsome having basically two desktops though. I'd play WoW in windowed mode on the main and surf the internets with the second. I did just about everything from watching videos to having IMs always visable while gaming and slacking off. Sadly the monster Dell monitor couldn't hold itself together any longer.

I plan on getting a widescreen monitor soon but I have a much smaller desk now that wouldn't grant me use of two monitors.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i got a dual monitor set-up (sadly, one monitor is a old CRT one)

i use the CRT monitor (17") for my music player, windows explorer, MS Word, and a few other stuff.
    the widescreen LCD (19") one i use for everything else.

i like it but it would be nice if the CRT was a LCD too...and the same size

when playing WoW, i would have Firefox on the CRT for easy searching.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use a dual monitor set up sometimes at work. Where you can move the mouse and screens back and forth across both. I love it.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a dual monitor setup at work. Basically it's just easier to navigate since I have to have several programs running at once. For home, though, I really don't have a reason to do that.

6. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i have 2 screens at work, one 22" widescreen and one 20" regular shaped. pretty useful for photoshop and flash, can put all the palettes on the second screen.

at home i plug my laptop into a second screen to work, so its a similar setup. 2 screens makes you important and a big man who is also well endowed.

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I use two monitors at work, a 20-something inch widescreen and a 17 incher. Useful for programming 'n shiz.

8. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a 4 monitor setup at work. It is very useful for what I do. This is an old picture and I have since moved to a different location and rotated one of my monitors 90 degrees but you get the picture.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With lots o' re-spect, Primus, i have to say, "i hate you."
    that looks pretty good.

but i bet it makes a round of Pong interesting, lol.

i can see myself with 2, but 4 boggles me.
    nice setup.

10. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't get much of anything done on a computer without a 2nd monitor these days. Gaming, general use, or work.

At home I have a 22" lcd as my main, and then a 19" (wide also) lcd that sits to the left on an ergotron arm so I can reposition and rotate it. Comes in handy when vertical for browsing the internet and doing something on the 22", as well as watching videos while horizontal if I'm playing a game on the 22".

At work I just have too many applications and documents I need to be able to see all at once, to not have a 2nd monitor for my main workstation.

11. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

I have a dual set up. I have my 19 inch flat screen then I have my 32 inch LCD tv hooked up as my second. I have it hooked up with a s-video cable so I can edit my video work in true form (so I can color correct and such so it will look the same way as I edit as when I put it on the dvd). It's really handy and saves alot of time.