Multiple Console Storage

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Jeremy.B, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am working on a gameroom, and looking for ideas for multi-console storage. What do you guys use? I have a Wii and Xbox. I am thinking just an AV rack/stand.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

360?

Lots of space for air to flow around both of them, and of course you would do well to leave enough space for their children should they decide to have some.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

We just have a large media center that handles everything pretty well. An AV stand is probably the best way to go with multiple consoles. If you're planning just the two then I'd say a basic Tv stand would work just as well.

I also suggest some form of cable control, I use ones made of nylon that loop through themselves and hold via velcro. They're super cheap and come with an assortment of collors so you can bind specific types of cables together with a specific color.

4. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

I have two 5' AV cabinets (wanted ones with glass in the doors for aesthetics and dust reduction) and my TV stand housing my consoles. Works very well. The cabinets had three holes each for feeding cords through them. I have a Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, SNES, and Genesis/Sega CD/32X in one, so a Wii and 360 would fit easily. However, there wouldn't be much space behind the 360 for airflow or for a wireless adapter, not enough for me to be satisfied anyway, in my AV stand. I have my 360 on top of one cabinet. If you have an external cooling system for your 360, then I wouldn't think you'd have to be worried about having adequate space for airflow.

Anyway. An AV stand should suffice for your storage needs while adding visual appeal to the room.

5. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I'd go for as minimalist as possible and the leave the rest of the game room open to whatever you have in store (perhaps Transformers everywhere). I have simple open glass rack which holds an Xbox 360, Wii, Tivo, and receiver. I have to use a Swiffer often, so perhaps I should have gone with something with doors (glass or otherwise). Do you have an IKEA near at all? They make some nice, cheap, dependable things.

Also, I suppose it depends on your television situation. My setup also holds my television, but if you have something else for that, then a simple AV rack (as suggested before) would work.

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

With just two systems, really, anything will do. Come back when you've got four or more systems that you wish to display then you can get some real advice.:rock 

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Man I need something like this. Have a custom stand for the tv with 2 shelves and have been cramming everything in there.
    I like those tower shelves made for consoles. Look like tall empty file cabnets.

Here's an older pic
    [​IMG]
    Now the bottom's stuffed with about 8 consoles :( . It's wire land

8. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    I guess I should have mentioned the gameroom is primarily for sports and it is a medium sized converted bedroom. I bought a 32" LCD TV that will be wall mounted next week and I am only putting in my two consoles and cable box. I am thinking the av rack may be the way to go but I was wondering if they made anything smaller specifically for multi-console use.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Ok gotchya :lol 

I was thinking mario wallpaper and zelda tables and stuff. Damn, was hoping to see ya on Xbox Live

10. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    :lol  nah not that kind of game room. Its like a mini lounge for me and my buddies. Although I have been on Xbox live for over a year and a half but never online, even though I am paying. I am going tomorrow to get a wireless adapter for the xbox so I can start taking advantage of it. Then I will look you up. Unfortunately, I am not a die hard gamer, mostly sports games and GOW.

11. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    This thread need more pictures. I've got an IKEA cabinet which was too closed up for consoles that run hot like the PS3 and my home theater amp. I removed the back pannel to improve air folw, but I'd still need to remove the door windows to get better airflow. For now, I make sure I leave the doors open whenever I use the PS3 or Xbox.

[​IMG]

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol

13. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

[​IMG]

Our living room set up. The doors have either speaker style screens, wood or glass inserts. We just use the glass and leave them open when using anything inside. The 360 is put up top so it doesn't burst into flames. Everything's going to be redone soon since I'll be painting the living room in the coming weeks.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a beautiful system sitting next to your Wii

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only have two systems hook to my living room TV the other are in the bedroom. I just picked this up from Walmart cheap and can fit in any corner.

[​IMG]