Multiplayer: Sizes, Maps, and Modes

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I am so anxious to see what multiplayer will be like so why not have fun making up what you want it to be like?

1) What's a good size of player ratio do you thing is good for what this game seems to be so far?

2) Where do you suspect maps will be and how should/would they be laid out?

3) Game modes you want to see? You can use game modes from other games if you want.

- I think the regular TDM type mode should be 6v6, Free for all be 8 players, and a special 4v4 mode for objective based games

- I want some tiny maps, some HUGE humongous maps and a couple of decent sized normal ones (whatever normal means.

Lots of buildings to get into but have at least one wide open/ generally flat map.

They should throw in the Ark crash site on Earth as a map (like with the mountain and the crashed ship and forest surrounding it like in G1) it could be seen in the closing cutscenes of the game and be based on that.

Free For All Deathmatch

Every bot for themself 8 player deathmatch

Team Deathmatch

6 players on each side, fight to the death with buddies to get the highest score at the end. There would be some sort of score limit as well.

Capture the Matrix

Each team would start in a building opposite to each other with a matrix floating on the top level of that building. Teams fight to each others' bases to get in and steal the matrix and bring it back to the top floor of their base building.

Energon Consumption

This would be an 8 player free for all gametype. There are 40 or so energon cubes scattered around the map. Each player runs to the cubes and collect as many as they can. Killing enemies would cause them to drop 5 cubes. Gather the cubes of your defeated enemies and whoever has the most at the end wins.

AllSpark Football

The AllSpark (or whatever big item) is placed in the middle of the map. Teams of 6 run in to grab the AllSpark and plant it in the other team's spawn area. The AllSpark can lay idle for 15 seconds before resetting into it's starting point. Person holding the AllSpark can only melee attack

Ninja

This mode is unlikely, but there is one player that is small and fast against a team of big characters. The small fast one would need to sneak into their base and take an object and return it to a spot on the map. Getting hit from behind is a one hit for the big guys. They do not respawn, only the little guy does for 5 minutes. Little guy does not have much health so stealth and speed are important.

One Shall Stand

Returning from ROTF the game. (also unlikely)

2. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Damn you and your juicy scpeculation!!! ;) 

I'm still hoping that flyers will be able to play in the same maps as theground based guys. IIRC that's been denied, but I"m still holding out.

I'm curious how the 3 man squads will play out. I'm assuming the 3 man campaign will somehow play into other multiplayer modes.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    So far, it looks like three on three team death matches from the trailer. I personaly would like six on six, but maybe it's because I play Halo 3.

4. blumpy2000

As a matter of fact this thread is good timing. I just got this month's Gameinformer and there's a column about multiplayer!!!

"High Moon says online play features five-on-five batles or a 10-player free for all."

It goes on talking about create a character for a bit which didn't tell us much that we didn't already know.

Apparently the classes are as such: cars=scouts, trucks=leaders, tanks=soldiers, and jets=scientists. That kind of surprises me as I pegged Ratchet as a scientist and Jetfire as more of a leader...but whatever.

Then back to multiplayer modes...

"High Moon also revealed several game modes, all of which allow only custon characters. Multiplayer features standard modes such as Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, and Power Struggle (a fancy term for capture the flag), but the standout mode may be Code of Power, a mode comprised of two-and-a-half minute rounds where teams vie for a giant melee weapon. High Moon made clear that transforming and teamwork is imperative to successfully completing missions, and promises to announce more multiplayer modes soon."

Well there you go!!!

5. blumpy2000

I'll put in the create a character part for poops and giggles

"You're first major decision will be to choose a class: scout, leader, scientist, or soldier. Each class is tied to a vehicle type - cars, trucks, jets and tanks, respectively. From an Aesthetic standpoint, you can pick your chassis (with several to choose from for each class), custom colors and the robot's name. Once you've designed your bot you can pick a custom weapon loadout, two special abilities based on your class type, and upgrades.

The player has three upgrades slots, each of which can house one of six offensive, defensive, and "general" aids. Offensive and defensive upgrades are unique to each class, and the general upgrades are open to all classes. For example, a scout class upgrade may increase ground speed, with a complementary general upgrade cutting down on recoil. As players level up their robots, a Call of Duty like perk system unlocks upgrades and new abilities."

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Epic ^^^

7. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    The part about the chassis selection leads me to believe, at least this is what I'm guessing, that players will be able to use Autobot character models as Decepticons and vice versa in multi-player mode. This is something I'm very much hoping for.

8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I miss playing against the computer in MP like unreal Tournament, I hope that's possible.

9. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So looks like Jets can mingle with ground guys in Multiplayer, any pics? I probably won't do the custom battles and play with the established guys instead.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think scout is limited to just cars, trucks to leaders, tanks to soldiers and jets to scientists; you'll notice the Decepticons have different icons for their classes. Megatron's icon, I forget what it is, looks completely different from the Autobot's. The Autobots have simple, peaceful looking icons, while the Decepticons’ icons look more like military vehicles.

It would be pretty lame for all the Decepticon Jets and Aerialbots to be the exact same class, doing the exact same thing. Their G1 abilities are different from one another, and I'm sure we'll see them doing different things in this game too. I expect Starscream to be a scientist (nullray) and let’s not forget he was a scientist before the war, as was Jetfire. Thundercracker will probably be a soldier and Skywarp a scout who’s got the ability to warp from place to place, not unlike the Autobot we saw in the multi-player trailer. Heck, even Iron Hide and Ratchet can't be the same class can they? Sure they're the same make and model all, but Iron Hide isn't going to be a scientist, is he? He's 100% soldier.

11. blumpy2000

I don't know about jets and cars together...let's hope. No new pics in the article.

I don't know dude. I'd be inclined to agree with you, but I'm just going off what gameinformer said. I'm with you...to me it's Prime = Leader, Ironhide = soldier, Ratchet = scientist. That seems like a no brainer.

The icons though say different. If you're talking about the icons on transformersgame.com, Prime, Ratchet, and Soundwave all have the same icon, which looks like a truck, and Megs has a tank icon. According to the article though, that makes Prime, Ratchet, and Soundwave all leaders while Megatron is a soldier...:crazy: 

AND to confuse me even more, in the multiplayer trailer, the blue Ironhide is called a leader.

12. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    At the end of the multiplayer trailer you can see Bee drive and jump and hit a flyer. I think Flyers are allowed with ground based guys.

13. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Wait so only custom characters are allowed for use online? I guess I'll just keep my Prime as Prime then.

14. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    To fix this problem, I believe the robots go under the vehicle class, and then a different robot class which the scout, soilder, etc. But, when you make the custom character you choose both. Does this make more sense?