Multiplayer Praise

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Sep 16, 2012.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I don't think we're giving High Moon enough credit right now for how much work they put into the multiplayer experience, they did a phenomenal job. They gave us a shit ton.

The customization if amazing. I love being able to do the "parts swap" thing, it really does make everything feel very unique. Yeah, it's a shame about the color palettes being reduced, but don't act like it's not super cool to be able to blend Optimus, Swindle, and Onslaught together. For fuck's sake, you get to choose how metalic your paint is, and your voice.

They fixed a LOT of balance issues. The melee is weaker, which is good considering how much bitching there would be with EVERYONE having the dash ability now. And with there only being one ability per person, you really have to plan your strategies around what ability you have. Don't expect the cloak to be your "Get out of Jail Free" card now, and you better know how to properly whirlwind.

The upgrades. They don't come easy, but DAMN can they improve your game play. Cloaking is hard to do without "Spectre", so I really had to work for that one. And while it took me forever to unlock the Healing upgrade that replenishes your health as you heal someone else, it really is a life saver. These can really help you personalize your character, and are way better than the generic WFC upgrades.

Anything else? So far, I LOVE multiplayer despite the complaints.

2. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Right there with you! High Moon has done a great job and after playing tons of Cod before i got into the cybertron series, I must say that they deserve my bonus points for actually listening to the fans of their games.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone who admits they aren't perfect and tries to fix their mistakes always gets points from me.

I'm also a whore for character creators.

4. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    :thumbs2:  I completly agree!

5. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Active Member

Honestly, I hadn't even gave WFC a chance online, because I usually hate online and almost never play it. I buy games for campaign/story modes and offline multiplayer only. FOC is the first game I ever loved playing online and I play almost every day, that must mean something.

6. Downshift-1307

Downshift-1307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If your game has character creation and customization along with an interesting art direction, I'm your bitch.

7. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

inb4 waaaaaaahh entitlement

But yeah, gotta love what they've done

8. orion_pax52

orion_pax52 Active Member

Loving the game thank you for a well balanced mp experience

9. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

The things I really enjoy about FOC:

Variety in weapons- They brought back all the old favorites and added some new crazy stuff. I mean really, that gear shredder is just too damn neato.
    Customization- Not only do you get to play as an instrument of destruction, you get to tailor it's appearance to make it as unique as you like.
    The revamped "Complex" level- I absolutely love playing this level. It's wide open doors and straight forward design makes for some insanely fast paced matches. They took something great here and made it feel more real with all the textures and detailing.
    Host migration- Rather than searching for another game, we can continue the grudge match without interruption.....ish.
    Detailed stats- Now you can see how many kills you contributed to through the assist column.
    Fixed the melee system- No more getting pummeled from four car lengths away.

We may not all agree on the game, but I feel these are things they really did a nice job of improving.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I completely agree. Except the voices, those are really bad customization. We should get to pick from all the generic voices and character voices. Including Optimus and Megatron.

11. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Thank you so much for making this thread. And thank High Moon Studios for making such a SPECTACULAR game. I'm so sick of people complaining so much about a game that was basically tapered to our needs and didn't even have to be made in the first place. This game will be remembered as one of my favorites and I'm so glad at how it turned out.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ditto. I played War off and on for a couple years. I'm sure I'll do the same for Fall.

13. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Yes. And maybe this should simply be a "Praise High Moon and this amazing duo of Transformers games" thread.

14. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

No problem man, I'm not a banker, but I can give credit where credit is due. And we really owe it to High Moon.

15. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    War for cybertron: Everyone complains about something

Fall of cybertron: The thing that is being complained about is fixed/changed and people say the they shoudn't of changed it..... LOGIC!

But yea people are complaining way to much!

16. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Basically everything they changed was for the better.... and they didn't dumb this game out either. I LOVE how it takes a lot of skill compared to a lot of online shooters.

17. chas_520000

chas_520000 Well-Known Member

Oh my god, a thread that doesn't trash foc. I'm sure I'll get alot of shit for this but you'd think the comunity would support high moon considering the lack of good tf games over ther years. Right now we have a really good game and all anybody wants to do is tell how bad it is. Name one game that doesn't its faults. I'm pretty sure that they keep watch of what everyone says considering thay are fans of the franchise and if sales aren't good this might be the last. It's easy to fault them behind a computer screen, lets give a little support so the games keep coming.

18. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

Star Wars Battlefront/2 are some of my favorite games, and they have some pretty shitty qualities.

People like to bitch. It's human nature. That's why you ignore them.

19. chas_520000

chas_520000 Well-Known Member

sw battlefront are good games that won't be seen again because of negative feedback.

20. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Multi's a lot of fun, the whole Transformer element to it really elevates it beyond the typical COD-clone as well I think, helps it stand out.