Multiplayer Modes You'd Like

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by G1Wheeljack, Apr 22, 2010.

1. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which Multiplayer modes would you like to see in WFC regardless of any announcements? Personally, I would love an infection/zombie mode. On the moonbase2 posdcast it was having the mode pretty much playing like Halo 3's infection, but with no weapons instead of a sword and the infection being the hate plauge so you'd turn red. I'd definately be up for that.

So, which Multiplayer modes would you like?

2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

fight against intelligent AIs so I don't have to go online, I mean give them personalities too. Make them taunt when they win, or favor certain weapons. Make em talk, strafe dive transform. Make some more unpredictable than others. But don't force me to play online please.... I do have access to the internet, but I don't want to have to wait on people to play. -such a waste of time.

Who remembers Unreal Tournament's bot options??? I used to customize them to the point where all my bots played differently. This way if I got frustrated online I could retreat to my bots.

Maybe I'm antisocial... But I noticed in some games if you don't have access to the net you don't even get to experience MP at ALL. I think that's ridiculous.

I have a feeling that today's game makers don't want to appeal to that market because it makes their games appear less played if they're not always online. I hope not.

I do like MP, and I love the idea of having someone jump into coop at anytime and I love the idea of playing with others. I dunno, just missing aspects of UT I guess.

3. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

- Horde/Firefight/Survival mode of some kind
    - A VIP gametype
    - AllSpark Football

Where there are two sides and two bases and the 5 players on each side compete to get the obejective in the middle of the map onto the opponent side of the map without being stopped and pushed back to their side.

4. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Sounds good to me, and as a sub-game mode we can have Wheelieball(basically Girffball, with Wheelie).

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    A mode where you and some pals have to fight an army of drones or something. Drones with good AI. Drones that can put up a fight. I've always wanted to just lead a team into a massive battle, just tearing through drones.

6. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Well if Escalation mode does turn out to be another Firefight, I'd say you'd get your wish. Imagine the possibilities or a Transformers Firefight, it would be preety epic.

So, so far we have:

Deathmatch.
    Team Deathmatch (Autobots VS Decepticons).
    Team battle, consisting of two teams of five players each.
    Free for all melee, consisting of up to ten players going head to head.
    Power Struggle/Capture the Flag
    "Code of Power", a two and a half minute team battle where players fight over a powerful melee weapon.
    Escalation Mode/Firefight/Suvival/Horde, etc.

I dont think anything else needs to be added...

However...

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have some great experiences playing with people from here, you'll missing out. Some good, quality people on this very board.

8. Dinobot Snarl

True, but if I lose internet I don't want to be completely doomed on MP.

On a side note, I want something involving Moonbase 2 or an Autobot battle cruiser. .... I got it! defend the bridge while undersiege.

9. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    :jawdropper:  Awesome idea for DLC Maps just now.

10. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    I don't undertstand these differences, isn't Deathmatch just the FFA meele & Team Deatmatch team battle?

11. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    I dont get it either, but that's what TFW reported a few days back.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to see an assortment of challenges and handicaps interwoven in certain (not all) modes. When fights go on for too long and no clear winner in sight, I’d like the game to push players out into the open to end things. Having the environment infected by Cosmic Rust or charged with plasma energy might do just the trick. Gamers playing in alone in single player versus mode or team versus mode would not only be fighting against their enemy but the clock too. The first player/team to defeat the other before incapacitated by Cosmic Rust or plasmas energy wins.

As team oriented play is a key point to this game, I’d like to see a lot of team challenges. On the Autobot side of things, why not have them battle Decepticon teams after battling hordes of generic soldiers. I’d like to see the likes of the Insecticons, Reflector, Soundwave’s cassettes, Triple changers (even if with only one mode), and ending the team-oriented battle with the mode’s final boss, Devastator.

And for the Decepticons, I’d like to see them fight Autobot teams the likes of female Autobots, Triple changes, Blaster’s cassettes, the Wreckers and I’d like to see this mode end with a big fight with the Dinobots (not as dinosaurs) or some other strong team, a team that isn’t depended on combining to win would be cool; imagine having to take on all the mini-vehicles all at once.

Team oriented puzzle challenges/races would be a nice change of pace too. Puzzle challenges would be a great way for gamers to learn/see Cybertron’s interior and exterior. Also chasing after and subduing a very agile and fast Nightbird or the mischievous Kreemzeek while he sabotages you and your teammates would be equally interesting.

13. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    Do we know how many players can compete in Team Deathmatch? I don't need a lot of different game modes, but I like squaring off against big groups with a big group. The multi-player mode I play the most in MW2 is Ground War. 5 against 5 seems a tad small.

14. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    I personaly would like six on six, but maybe its because I like big multiplayer games like Halo 3.

15. Prime Killer

Prime Killer Omega Class

I'd like to see control point modes like Team Fortress 2's Attack/Defend maps or objective based play similar to Quake Wars.

16. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    You should Try MAG,

Personally I really do not mind 5 vs 5 as long as the maps are properly tailored to the given number of characters. Uncharted 2 had 5 vs 5 multiplayer and it was great.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't the number three? I always assumed the number of players playable in story mode was universal. I hope more can join in on the fun, five sounds like a good number--Uncharted 2 is great fun with five on five!

18. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    second on the AI bots

You know how often I play multiplayer? Never!

You know what games I play the most? UT3 and Timesplitters.

Offline bots man, not everyone has superduper internet, or enjoys playing with humans.

Me, I like to win. ;) 

19. Prime Killer

Prime Killer Omega Class

Co-sign. This was one of the reasons I liked Quake Wars, which in my opinion had excellent bots. It's definitely a great way to learn a map or pass the time when your buds aren't online.

20. Dinobot Snarl

thanks guys, I thought I was alone. I read that there are several PS3 games that have offline MP, I really hope this one does too!