Mugenbine

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razerwire, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  2. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Looks like I'm going shopping.
    Thanks for the heads up.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    So... Any luck finding a MugenPharoah, Bête Noire?

Assuming UPS isn't lieing, I'll have LauncherZaurus, Build Giraffet, and Mach Ptera on Friday. Knowing I have a whole lot of time off between now and then makes the wait even harder.

4. Bête Noire

News Credits:
    No luck so far. It's mildly irritating, but since I live in Tokyo proper, decent grocery stores are hard to come by. I thought about going down to Akihabara to check, but since Mugenbine isn't big with the collectors' market, I'm not sure if I will find anything.

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Here's some motivation for you Bête Noire, it is a bigger pic* of Mugen Pharoh with all sets combined.

[​IMG]

*thanks to cheese on TFANS for the heads up*

6. Bête Noire

News Credits:
    Well, I got lucky and unlucky today.
    See, I found a case of the new Mugen Pharaoh sets, but it was missing one piece (so 9 candy toys available). Now, I assume this missing piece was Anubis because the other 9 were not Anubis. That's right. In a case of 10, where you'd assume there to be two full sets, there was a third Scorpion, instead.

I don't know if this the case with every case, but the fact that only the Anubis was missing leads me to believe so. Case and point, if I were to go down to my local grocery store and find a full case of 10, the only one I would grab would be Anubis. Might be worth considering if you were hoping to split a case w/ someone else.

But anyway, now I have 4 out of 5. I'll go hunting again tomorrow since the new Allspark Transformer toys are released.
    Actually, I saw Incinerator tonight. I'm not sure if I'll pick him up yet or not. Oh, and the Allspark power toys come with little Allspark cubes. Small, but an interesting free-bee.

EDIT: I hope you guys like decals cuz good gawd, there are a lot of these. Mugen Sphinx alone has 42.
    Also of interest is a little tidbit on the back of the box saying that there are many kinds of combos and that we should make original ones. Each box has a differet picture next to the text. The picture on the Scorpion's box is of a pharaoh riding a speeder bike. As soon as I get Anubis, I'm totally going to try to make it. No instructions for it, of course, but badass looking nonetheless.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Whoaoah that Pharoah's pretty awesome

8. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Looks like I'll have to ask Ryan about a set. Are you sure the case wasn't tampered with (ie they had two cases and most of one sold, someone nabbed both Anubis and replaced one with a scorpion?)?

Apparently I'll have a visit from the man with the brown truck later, so I'll post some pics of my new stuff when he gets here. (Out for delivery means the truck is coming to my house, right?)

9. Bête Noire

News Credits:
    No, there was only one case there, and it looks pretty fresh... although not fresh enough.
    I forgot to mention that the Roider can fit inside of the Sphinx, which is pretty cool.
    The Roider is made of the candy-toy-type plastic rather than the typical plastic used for other roiders, which is a shame.

10. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anyone have any info on the red translucent Red Wings set from MR Rescue? I've seen it a few times, but never had the extra cash to pick it up...until today. Set me back $45 with shipping...not sure if I over paid or not.

11. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Got those in today. LauncherZaurus took Galaxy Rex's spot as favorite. Mach Ptera (the one I had the most doubt about) is actually pretty good (not the greatest, but it is good). Build Giraffet has its own charm, too. And I can do this now:
    [​IMG]

So... I need Needle Stego before I can do the 5-dino combination thing. That would probably be a nice #10 (or MugenPharoah... Or Dark Flame Dragon, it all depends on the money) and I'm thinking about getting the Insect Double set sometime, too. Stupid addicting AND expensive toyline.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sweet! I find you can put Fangtiger's blades on the shins, if you fold the blade forward slightly it won't push it off the peg and gives a nice "boot" aesthetic to the overall design.

The Insects are great. I got the redeco double pack initially, and loved them so much that when I got the original Junk Stag as a part of a lot I didn't think twice about getting Iron Bettle to have a second one. Fun individual forms (Iron Beetle is fantastic, and Junk Stag is really good too), the combined robot mode is amazing. The redeco set has a different head for the combined form, and some extra parts for weapons / the forearms, as well as colours that go together very well for the combined form. The originals are more bold, but blend nicely too.

Whichever set of those you pick up, you will not be disappointed.

Dark Flame Dragon is fantastic too, lots and lots of parts, the modes that are described in the instructions are decent but the real fun with that one (like all the Build Gattai series) is coming up with your own combos.

Needle Stego's at least not too hard to find or too expensive (There's an Ebay store with a few last I checked), though he's not of the same calibre as the rest. His bineparts aren't as useful as the rest, being light on pegs and sockets, but on the other hand, his copter mode is great and his stego mode is decent. With a little imagination, he makes a nice powerup for the Dyna Double, I've also combined him with Heat Tricera before in place of Galaxy Rex to form a different Dyna Double robot.

Congrats on the haul, I envy that Mach Ptera! I can't wait to get my Launcher Zaurus either, once SMJ receives my other items I'm shipping them all to me.

13. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    In your effort to be helpful, you made deciding even harder. Money is probably the deciding factor on what I'll get next, more than anything. I'll try to get the wing blades on next time I do that.

:D  LauncherZaurus is great. You won't regret that one at all. Mach Ptera is pretty good, but I still can't see why it's so hard to come by (unless there was a really low number of them to begin with)... It's good... But not as great as the prices/rarity have made it seem (just so we're on the same page... That doesn't mean it's for sale.)

One question... Am I the only one that has/had trouble getting LauncherZaurus' shuttle mode to hold together? The guns seem ever so slightly warped so they won't stay connected very well.

If I didn't have work to do (I should probably be doing that instead of posting...) I'd post more pics, but they'll have to wait.

14. wrecker

wrecker Particle man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A few of my Mugen creations

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Looks like the cube man has a bit of a split leg problem. Anyone have an idea of what's causing it and/or what I could do to fix it? I'd imagine it will be clear as day once I dismantle it, but I'd like to see where I'm headed.

Blurry pic, but I think it gets the point across.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Anyone know how to make the LauncherZaurus robot here? I've tried several different combinations and it looks like there aren't enough pegs/holes in the right spots :( 

16. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If anyone needs an extra Evorhinoce or any of the other earlier "alphabet" sets, contact [email protected]. He's got most of them for $10 a pop. I just replaced Digkong and my broken Fangtiger.

17. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    ^ I'll vouch for his legitimacy. I got my stuff from him today (seen a few posts back). Everything showed up exactly as he said it would. And I got a pretty good deal :D 

18. Bête Noire

News Credits:
    Oh I'm filled with Irrational Fury right now.
    I just got back from Akihabara, where I found Anubis, but when I went to pick him up, he was attached to the other 4 candy toys behind him. Yes, the only way to buy Mugenbine candy toys at hobby shops in in sets. Damn, I should have held off last night and not bought the 4 individual pieces.

On a more positive note, it looked like the cases there were split evenly with 2 full sets, so the case I saw last night might have been a fluke. That, or they completed sets manually between their various cases.

Oh well. This will be an exercise in patience. I'll complete my Pharaoh yet.

19. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Too bad. I probably won't be getting the Pharoah for a while now. Just bought something VERY expensive on yahoo and I'm held up until at least a few weeks. Damn impulse buying.

20. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What did you buy Roanstalker?!