Mudflap's Gonna Be Fine (possible spoiler)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by spiritprime, May 1, 2009.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Ok, how do I know that the red bot is gonna be fine just before he is about to be sucked into Devestator's mouth? Well, that's really simple. Just a second before the trailer ended, I noticed Mudflap was grapping a hold of Dev's mouth. If you don't believe me, take a closer look at the picture below.

[​IMG]

Sorry it's so small, but it's the best I can do.

2. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    yep in the trailer you can easily see his had grabbing onto that strut on the left side of devastator's mouth

3. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Aww thats too bad Devastator may be food deprived. :( 

4. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

He doesnt go in during the trailer. That doesnt mean he's going to be alright though.

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Even if he does go in, it's incredibly common in fiction for a character to find themselves inside a giant monster or something similar and be completely fine once the thing is blown to bits or defeated otherwise.

6. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    the monster has no insides for him to go into in this case though, just a massive grinder

7. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

If he goes into THAT mouth, he's Ravage food.

8. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

My guess is Herp (or is he Derp?) will not only survive, but help kill Devastator. It seems too perfectly setup like that for it to be anything else. Notice I didn't say HE kills Devastator, but helps.

...aw shit. If he or Skids were the one to kill Devastator (outside of who we already have heard doing so)...the fan outrage will destroy every theater, drive in, imax you can think of.

"YOU SONS OF BITCHES! THE JAR JAR TWINS TOOK DOWN SIX GUYS AT ONCE? NO! NO BAY! FUCK YOU!"

To which the manager of the theater will reply "Alice? Call 911. Tell them they'll need riot gear. Tell them...transfans."

Yeah....

9. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Can you actually kill Devastator though? Worst case for Devs is he seperates back into his 6 or 7 components and maybe one is wounded. Then they beat the shit out of whoever caused it as they're all huge anyway.

10. Ktulu

News Credits:
    In this kind of fiction there's rarely any "he's dead and that's it" business, there's always some twist or turn to keep a character alive after pretty much anything - if the writers see fit. I mean, just consider, this movie has a reborn Megatron, killed in the first movie. It's a bit much to assume anyone will be gone for good at this point, through any circumstance. For now the "he'll be ok" assumption is probably a safer bet.

11. Soundwaave

Soundwaave Banned

Seriously just because the Twins might kill Devastator means there will be rage? GTFO, They are like as big as Jazz and he nearly killed some big robots...

12. Ktulu

News Credits:
    To be fair, there will probably be rage, to some degree, about approximately say...every second of the movie. There will be plenty of bitching for a good while from loooooots of people. Buckle in :D 

13. Soundwaave

Soundwaave Banned

Yeah.. "WTF WAI IZNT TIHS LEIK GEE WUN? WTFZ IM SRS IF THAR ISNT MUCH GEEWUN STUFFZ IM LEEVIGN"

D:

14. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Unless a huge autobot gestalt or Stratosphere or whoever turns up or The Fallen has a reason to destroy Devastator, there really isnt a credible threat to him. So IF he goes down there's going to be some element of luck or outrageous probabilty involved. So Skidflap is slightly less likely to stop Devs as Jetfire.

What I'd do is plant a fuel air bomb in Devs path and wait for him to suck it up, then when its about to go in, Boomshanka! :) 
    See, humans are quite inventive too. Maybe they help?

I do think there will be a David and Goliath moment between Devs and some other bot. I dont think it will be Cleetus the slack jawed robot though. Maybe Super Prime.

15. johat

johat Micro Master

Hmmm, although not giving any definate answers, the coloring book stated something about Simmons going up the pyramid to stop Devastator.
    In my head that means Simmons + homing device + climbing pyramid = jet's flying in, shooting down Dev's and probably killing Simmons either by the fire or getting caught in the fall of the HUGE Devybevy tumbling back down the pyramid.

16. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I do have a theory as to why Mudflap will be OK. If memory serves, a lot of his incarnations of toy have him with a type of grappling hook, Im wodering if that is what is going to save him from being sucked in....or its just a grappling hook to make him look cooler. Thoughts..

17. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Eh. It doesn't have to be him as long as some other bot has a grappling hook.

18. Rail_Racer

Rail_Racer Seek and you'll be lost

My Thoughts= Yes YEs YES :bay 

19. Rail_Racer

Rail_Racer Seek and you'll be lost

WEll, one of his toys had one, so just maybe...

20. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Hey, you only live a few hours from me... How about you co-ordinate the riots on your end, I'll do the same here, and we'll meet in the middle. Then it's off to bring those responsable to justice! LOL
    But seriously, I don't care if it's Skidmark or Doormat, one or both of them need to die! (and NO, it's not cause they're not "G1")