Minor/Repaint: Mudflap/Erector into a sixchanger

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Tomiku, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

Made from a Movie Mudflap, AKA Universe 2.0 Erector, with wings from a KO G1 Superion. I don't know what I'll name him (using Quickswitch as a placeholder), he's not meant to be a specific one of the previous sixchangers, I might make him an OC. Depends on my painting skills. I can mod fairly well but my painting sucks if it's any more involved than slight touchups. >_<

Other than paint and maybe a headswap, I still want to mod his crane to have a gunbarrel for the gun/tank modes. I'll look into tank treads but I have my doubts I'll get them to fit well. Also, this is my first topic in Radicons, so please be gentle. ^^; Any suggestions for color schemes are appreciated!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

looks good, I saw darrenmea9 's idea and thought it was brilliant, i am going to try it aswell, making mine into sixshot with all his origonal modes, going to have some parts forming though.

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

A Construction Six-Changer would be cool too. I like the concept behind this one. :thumb 

4. luke4

luke4 crocon

the last three modes are my favourite. i wouldnt want a jet mode in there because it could be too trouble some and it doesnt really fit with the rest being land vechiles. this should be cool.

5. IsThatOne

IsThatOne Spark Rebirther Core

It look very solid! All his blocky parts to revolve around moving his arms and legs... it's a good thing his head can be concealed in his chest.

I believe giving him a more stylized deco can contribute a lot in his (4th pic) aircraft concept mode. For (3rd and 6th pic) combat turret and block rush tank mode I suggest that the crane must be modified to have a flip out cannon, sizable yet concrete in design. The cannon will also work in (5th pic) rolling scorpion mode too. You should keep those wings on in his aircraft mode, it won't look perfect to swap between modes but if you can pull it off not taking it off and hiding it efficiently then that would be astounding!

(Ah... you notice I just made up names for the modes, don't mind them... ehheeheh)

So you want a good color scheme? Hmmm... first off, what is his (or her) faction? Any other idea can you base this guy's appearance on? will there be an extra attachment or accessory for changing the modes to give it a more convincing look?
    I suggest the colors... hard red or maroon, stealthy silver and back for the detailed parts. To contras the colors... perhaps you want to have a gradual set for a Transmetal look? Okay... skip that.

Anyway this look great and I hope you follow through with it!

6. Lintlizard

Lintlizard Active Member

I always love seeing alternate transforms like that =D Yeah, a different colour scheme would really bring this guy together. That scorpion mode is adorable, btw.

7. darrenmea9

darrenmea9 Well-Known Member

thnx chlokai for rememboring :) . nice custom(kinda) lol

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    This mold is very under rated. I like it due to it's realistic look and feel of it. Makes a great Animated Hook.

9. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Wow. That looks like quite a project. I can totally see it working tho.

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

ambitious and awesome

11. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

i love that scorpion mode!

12. darrenmea9

darrenmea9 Well-Known Member

did u copy off of my project??

13. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Ha! My I got a new keypad for my ps3, I can comment again! That being said..... Very nice. I love 6changers. I don't have any ideas for a color scheme for ya, but if you still want to switch his crane to a cannon, I have a zoids cannon that's about the size of the crane that might work. Not sure though cause unfortunatly, I don't have Mudflap (I've grabbed him @ the store and put him back for something else at least a dozen times :[ ) PM me if you want to see what it looks like, I'll send you some pics

14. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Cool. I like it. : D

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    As much as I loves me some Sixshot, I think a great idea would be to make this into Quickswitch. God knows he needs some lovin'!

16. BuzzingNeon

BuzzingNeon Logic Expert/Tailgunner

:3 Wow. Just wow.

17. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea! I'm 100% behind this. Though honestly, I think you should keep the crane hook.

18. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    really nice concept, it ll be better if you swatch the blade for a cannon, and maybe add some sort of a grappin missile to the launcher that could act as a anchor for the vehicules modes and add a fonction for the gun mode as well

19. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

Man, this topic got revived? Wow. Okay, well, update: not that long after I posted this, I was trying to attach Energon Roadblock's hook/cannon to the end of the crane arm and sliced my hands up pretty badly. In the mad scramble to stop the bleeding, important parts got strewn about and lost. I haven't touched the project since. It's been almost five years now and I've still got the gnarly scar, and what's left of Mudflap is still stained red in places. I doubt I'll ever get back to this guy.

20. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    when someone suggested you to paint it red, you took it really to the word....
    must have been painfull :/

the concept was good, its too bad it ended like that, tought i wouldve done the same i guess