Much love to the 3rd Party Companies

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    If Hasbro wants to see what 3rd Party companies are doing, they need to look no further then G1 Season 1 Decepticons.

I was looking at Hegemon, and really am thinking I may pick him up. He looks really nice. Then I looked at my season 1 shelf and just thought to myself, if I get him, the only Hasbro product I have on my Shelf is the seekers. ML Soundwave as well if you count Takara.

Other then that, everything else is represented by a third party company:
    - Devastator: Hercules
    - Reflector: PE Scouting force
    - Frenzy/Rumble/Laserbeak/Buzzsaw: All Perfect Effect
    - Insecticons: Fans Project
    - Shockwave: Custom (I guess he counts as pieces of Hasbro products)

So I just wanted to give thanks to the 3rd Party companies for doing what they are doing. Having complete collection of casts would not really be possible without them.

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    And you know what? Soundwave might be replaced by that one coming out.

Seekers can be replaced completely by iGears.

XD

3. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well for the MP stuff yes, but I am talking about the classics, unless you put your stuff together.

4. ToasterPrime

ToasterPrime Toast maker

I read a lot about the "custom Shockwave"...

when was he available?
    and from who?

5. Sai

Sai Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Couldn't agree more,third party companies are giving us G1 fans what we really want,i've lost faith with Hastak...my dreams of having a full G1 cast(in scale i might add) are fully alive thanks to third party companies,these are exciting times for a collector!!! :D 

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have been thanking 3rd party groups since the inception of the concept..Unicron.com's BM accessory set. Since that day I followed 3rd party news like nobody's business. Alas there was no news, just hopes of a diagnostic drone that never came to be. But I digress.

3rd party has given us things we will not see in the near future at least. Reflector as a 3 bot camera? Naw, he may be a repainted Perceptor but as cool as that looks, Reflector is a 3 in 1 and he needs to retains that. Not making him a 3 in 1 is like getting a construction vehicles that transforms in to Devastator. They gave us an Ultra Magnus that isn't an albino Prime and you all know the rest. They have filled many important holes in the collection and will fill more.

Right now to finish my S3 Autobot cast all I need is a Classics Arcee and PE has produced, what I believe to be, a perfect Classics Arcee. The price leaves little to be desired but once again I digress.

At a time during AEC and the Bay Movies I was almost ready to call it quits and stop collecting together (lowest possible point a collector can be at) because of 3rd party (also Classics Animated and Prime but mostly 3rd party) I am peeking in interest and it is higher than it has ever been. Do you know how great it feels to be the most excited about your hobby 16 years in to it? Thats like falling in love for the first time with your wife on your 16th wedding anniversary. (not the same obviously but you get the big deal) For this I thank you 3rd party.

I thank you for increasing the MP line
    I thank you for creating the Heart of steal line
    I thank you for remembering that Grimlock is not the only Dinobot
    I thank you for reviving combiners
    I thank you for bringing passion into the threads and the Megathread
    I thank you for giving the fans a louder voice.

That last one just dawned on me but it makes sense. Hasbro is keeping tabs on 3rd party but have heard of 3rd party because of the fans. This means that they are reading what the fans are saying and thus hearing us more.

There is a lot more to this 3rd party era than just getting great pieces of IP knock offs.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    The infamous "custom Shockwave"
    [​IMG]

In case you weren't joking, this is a kitbash of Energon Shockwave. A friend made it for me. So you cannot really buy it. More have to have it made.

8. Sai

Sai Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well said Transbot90210!!! ;) 

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    That is a sweet custom and a perfect Shockwave.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Hailstarscream did that big boy for me.

11. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ngh, I want it.

and yeah, I'm not even sure I'd keep collecting (including official products) anymore if it wasn't for 3rd parties filling out big gaps in my displays. although to be fair, Hasbro has stepped up the last few years and given us some amazing 86 decepticons to fill out the ranks.
    Too bad they all go on my movie shelf, so the decepticon classics display would still be pretty bleak if it wasn't for 3rd parties.

12. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I recently reorganized my shelves and put a lot of figures away as it was starting to look more like a hoard house than something nice to display. Turns out that the majority of the figures I kept out as display are all 3rd party. Something about them that they look so good!

I personally am one of those who gets excited about new 3rd party products. They have step up their game in the past couple of years.

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Where?!?!?!

14. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree completly with this. Im actually at a point now where I'm contemplating not collecting Hasbro transformers anymore and just collect 3rd party transformers that I like. Their the only ones I mess with anymore and the center of my display.

15. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

It's a good rumor that Maketoys is going to make MP sized Dinobots. Also, iGear is making dinobots as well, they already have a grimlock teaser pic. Oh, and TFC has the starcat dinosaurs that a lot of us mistake for the dinobots.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The heavy rumours are:

MakeToys will be producing MP Dinobots starting with Swoop
    iGear has put everything on the back burner to produce (i think voyager sized) Dinobots.

The second one seems like a waste because odds are very high that we will be getting FOC Dinobots which are pretty much Classics Dinobots. Why would anyone spend 3rd party prices on a figure when they can get a Hasbro release.

17. ToasterPrime

ToasterPrime Toast maker

I was indeed not joking.
    that was educational. ...and now, I am jealous. ;) 

18. Alucard77

News Credits:
    If it makes you feel better, he is an action master. No transformation that we could do with the initial mold was really good enough, so I left it as an action master.

19. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless there are new g1 based legends I don't buy hasbro. I am not fond of the terrible designs and shotty distribution. MP wise looks like Takara gets my money.

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Gotta add my 100% support here, now if one of those companies comes out with MP Shockwave my collecting life will be complete :D 

Plus they'd also sell a shit tonne load of them!!