MTV Movie Awards - Transformers Wins, Tons of New Clips

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Soundwave84, Jun 3, 2007.

1. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I hope you don't work in the medical profession: "Hey, this drug may cure you but the side-effects could be awful".

"Hmmmm, the operation has a high success rate but I don't fancy your chances - We're due a failure!"

2. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Did you guys not see the sign near the entrance to this thread?

It said: 'Don't feed the trolls.'

But seriously, BB Shockwave, your argument as to why you find the script to the movie weak, is because of the weak storyline? Damn... How did you feel about the storyline in the original Transformers movie/cartoons? That wasn't exactly written by Einstein as well, you know...

I'd say this is a somewhat hypocritical argument, because after all you did like the original cartoons, didn't you?

3. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    WOW people seriously this is going to kick ass on so many levels the story line looks promising the action looks amazing so just stop whinning and enjoy some incredible piece of film. My hopes is that it will do better then Spiderman 3

4. OptimusPie

OptimusPie Active Member

Prime Transformation in MTV Spoof

Do you lot reckon that will be the accompanying music when he Transforms to robot mode.

You can just about here some inspiring music. hope it stays in!!!!

5. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Seeing Prime transform on the big screen after 20 years of waiting would be like a religious experience for some of us and that music seems to fit the mood. It sounds like it was meant to be there and I hope it stays there.

6. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I think the music was actual film score. To me It was too subdued to have been added for the spoof. Sounded like they'd lowered it to allow for the "hilarity" of Sarah Silverman's dialogue.

I liked it a lot - It gave immense gravitas to such an 'iconic' moment (because, I presume, it's the first time we see PRIME transform)

7. BamBam25

BamBam25 Well-Known Member

I missed it. Some people were saying it was an actual clip. Others said it was a parody. Somebody tell me what it was once and for all. If it was a parody, I don't think I'd be able to endure any more Sarah Silverman.

8. OptimusPie

OptimusPie Active Member

She seemed to be just stuck in over Megan Fox.

The Transformation did look like it'll be straight off the film. I'd just like that accompanying music to be turned right up. It could really be an iconic moment

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Saw the last half hour of the movie awards last night. Including the award for Best summer movie you haven't seen. My wife said Bay kinda came off as a dick.

Just based on the last half hour it really seems like they were pushing the movie big time at the awards. I am excited to see it, hopefully it lives up to the hype.

10. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Oh, please God, let it live up to the hype!

That's probably my main concern right now. I hope it doesn't pull a Godzilla/Phantom Menace/Matrix: Reloaded. :( 

-airfox

11. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Ain't happenin'. Every few seconds of the film we see is infinitely cooler then the last, and we ain't seen nothin' yet. :) 

12. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Hey, I liked Godzilla.

Then again, I'm in love with Jean Reno and would have his manbabies, so maybe that explains it.

13. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

if you could, I'm sure they'd be beautiful.

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    And I liked Phantom Menace and Matrix: Reloaded enough to watch it 3 times in the cinema (TPM only) and get the DVDs. :p 

But they were still over-hyped and failed to meet expectations.

-airfox

15. pdxtrojan

pdxtrojan Well-Known Member

Hey, funny story: I am a doctor, and we often do have to say these kinds of things! Well, not quite the way you put it (definitely not like the 2nd statement!), but we are legally obligated to explain the purpose and possible adverse effects of all medications we prescribe. It's the same with procedures: Legally, we must go through a process referred to as "PARQ" (explanation of the Procedure, detail Alternatives to the procedure, explain the likely Risks associated with the procedure, and solicit Questions from the patient about the procedure) and document the discussion in print or electronic media. Litigious society that America's more and more becoming, the practice of medicine has long moved from its Golden Age into a more burdensome and bureaucratic era. Don't get me wrong--there's almost nothing else I'd rather do (except maybe photography), but economic and legal forces seem determined to drive a wedge between physicians and their patients. It's an unfortunate product of private, third-party payor system.

But I digress...[/tangent] :wink: