MTV Interview with Shia, Megan, Orci, Kurtzman about trilogy and characters for TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Number1sikko, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron hell yes, Dinobots, fuck yeah, Galvatron, forget about it.

2. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First off, we were "promised" Dinobots this time as well, and none were delivered because apparently robot dinosaurs are to hard to swallow, even though giant robot scorpions, cats, and what ever else we're in for aren't. I'm not bitter here- it's just that as always their logic is deeply flawed.

Rumor has it that Soundwave's "we're saving him to get it right" part in the new movie is pretty underwhelming as well. I wouldn't get too excited about anything they say until a script has been finalized.

I'd be happy to see Galvetron- but someone attached to the movie already said the new Megatron pretty much is Galvetron, but that they kept the name Megatron as not to confuse the general audiences.

I was concerned when we first got wind Megatron would be back that each movie would basically center around resurrecting Megatron so he can fight Prime briefly and die again (I have no idea how this plays out in the new movie).

If Galvetron is Megatron in a sequel, they better do it well. Two seperate characters could be great, especially is he tries to over run the Decepticons.

3. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree they could of fitted in soundwave more in this film making him scan for a earth mode if he landed on earth..

But they all seem to not care about the fans..

4. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

I know how they can pull off the dinobots....

As far as unicron I think he'd be an awful character as a big planet thing. It worked in 1986 because that whole movie didn't make sense. Don't get me wrong, love unicron, just don't see it happening unless we get some stupid over the top 6 or 7 minute battle scene at the end. Might work if they do it sorta like the mothership scene from Independence Day.

As far as Galvatron goes, even as a kid I didn't like his name. Galva what? You reformat anyone else they have the same name, ditch the secondary name please or make a whole new character named Galvatron, it mucks up the story.

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Short for Galvanised-Mega-Tron. (?)

6. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    That's why, for most, we'd want him as another character. I was so thrilled when IDW finally broke that stupid curse that was started by the '86 movie for us to have the characters separate from one another. It was one of the most refreshing feelings from that comic series. And, because of it, gave us a fresh take on Galvatron.

7. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Exactly. And I throw one right back to them!

8. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Um... the Marvel Comics also had Galvatron a separate character, too, if I remember correctly. He was a Decepticon fortress commander, who rose in ranks after Megatron was killed.

They set up robot dinosaurs, however, in this one, because there is TONS of cybertronian activity on earth in the days of primitive mankind, so who knows, there might have been cybertronians on earth for eons.

According to the various novels, Megatron isn't killed by Prime. He and Starscream fly away to Mars (where the Nemesis ship crashed) when they realize the Fallen has played them and that Prime is pulsing with power from the Matrix.

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or if we want to push the boat out further have it like in Petey North's fan fiction

and have Galvatron being born from part of megatron so that whilst Galvatron has elements of Megatron and his memories he is a different character, think Dinobot2 and Rampage in Beast Wars

10. DevilGalvatron

DevilGalvatron Purple planet popper

It sounds promising! The Dinobots would look very visually appealing, as would Unicron. Happy to see Galvatron mentioned naturally, seeing as a different kind of leader. I'm a big fan of characters with odd personality quirks. Megatron has grown somewhat mundane. Bring on the madness!

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I really want Orci and Kurtzman to stay on for TF-3, to keep all three movies consistent with each other.

I thought they weren't going to have Galvatron in the movies, that it would be hard to explain to newcomers that Galvatron is Megatron in a new form. Besides, this whole Megatron-becoming-Galvatron thing has been way overdone in the past... let's not have Galvatron in the movies.

Unicron... dear god, no. It'll be impossible to have him in the movies.

Dinobots... I wouldn't mind them being in TF-3, as long as they look bad-ass and they can come up with a logical explanation about them.

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Well, introducing these bots I suppose is great, I just can't picture how this would look on the big screen. The TF that Bay made was a realistic approach to the franchise which turned out great. But how would the Dinobots be part of the franchise now? Maybe, like Starscreamer95 said ( I think) is to have there alt-modes be military vehicles, & not dinosaurs.
    -How about Galvatron? We don't even know if soundwave will have enough screen time in TF2 and they're already talking about Galvatron, very bad. If Galvatron is in the works, I say SW needs to have a lot of screen time, just incase TF2 lacks that.
    The anticipation to this film is driving me nuts, mainly because I'm optimistic that we will see Soundwave in robot mode!!

13. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

My two cents, I'm all for the Dinobots makinf their debut in TF3. When it comes to Galvatron, it depends. As a separate character, then I can see the potential of having him as the next villain. If they're just going to recycle the idea of him being a reformatted Megatron, then I'd have to say no.

I still want them to hold of on Unicron until at least a possible TF4.

14. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

....sonuvabitch

15. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Shockwave! Shockwave! Shockwave!

16. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Could honestly care less about Unicron or the stupid Dinobots. But bring on Galvatron and Shockwave.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Actually, it makes perfect sense.

Put yourself in the position of a writer. You can do your favourite character right away, but there will be compromises which means he simply won't get the best portrayal possible.

Hardly a worthy portrayal for your favourite, is it?

It's only natural that Bob Orci would want to hold back on doing his favourite characters until he can find the best time to do them, so that they get a presentation worthy of them.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'm a big fan of the Dinobots but can't say that I want them in these live action movies since they're... well... dinosaurs. Just seems silly. I never liked Galvatron, so I certainly wouldn't be excited about his eventual inclusion... especially since he'd probably just end up being some sort of indistinguishable alien tank/jet thing anyway. And Unicron... hard to say. I'm am SO sick of people championing the idea of him getting included, but it could potentially be cool if done right. The problem is that once you include a giant transforming planet, you pretty much can't top it. So if the general game plan really is to make 5 movies, they need to save Unicron for whatever the final film will be.

19. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Something tells me I'm going to regret this, but here goes...*deep breath*

I reckon Galvatron could be pulled off if he was a separate character, possibly a Straxus-like warlord come to Earth to seize control of the Decepticons, and thusly conquer the planet. Not quite sure the old Megs/Galvy switcheroo would really work in the movie context, although blowing Screamer to pieces could be a neat nod to the 86 movie...

As for the Dinobots/Shockwave, reworking the old Marvel story could be one way to go - Shockwave travels to Earth in the prehistoric past (for whatever reason), gets pursued by a combat squad of Autobots who end up scanning the indigenous lifeforms, all end up in a tar-pit and are uncovered in the present day. Simples.

Personally, I wouldn't even waste screen-time with Unicron, but hey, that's just my tuppence-worth. :p 

20. Capovin

Capovin Well-Known Member

Personally I'm the exact opposite to most on this board. Why wouldn't you have unicron? That would be sick to see on the big screen. Galvatron would be cool, but I'd rather have shockwave. Dinobots I can do without.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.