MTV gets gift of ROTF merch from hasbro (in cool ROTF box)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by frenzyrumble, May 19, 2009.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    when will they send me mine?!?? hell, i'll just be happy with the empty box...

MTV Movies Blog Cybertron Sends A Package Our Way For ‘Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen’ Toys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cybertron Sends A Package Our Way For ‘Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen’ Toys
    Published by Brian Jacks on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 6:00 pm.

At this point in my career, nothing fazes me… except when I get a humongous box decked out for whatever big blockbuster is around the corner. You see, in my experience that means only one thing: toys, and a lot of them.

I’ve already written about various deliveries — from “The Dark Knight” to “Speed Racer” — so it was with heavy anticipation that I greeted this latest package draped in Autobot logos. Yes, the “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” merchandise had arrived, courtesy of Hasbro.

Like previous instances, the box was filled to the brim with “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” toys, from action figures and vehicles to hand cannons and t-shirts. Most notable in the action figure line was a foot-tall battery-operated Optimus Prime (bottom left in the photo below).

But what really stuck out was my old friend, the fan-favorite Bumblebee. The box may have contained a nice assortment of robots, but it was the lovable yellow Autobot who was really front and center.

Hasbro had sent over not only the typical transformable vehicle, but a whole host of Bumblebee-related products. And while the car is cool and all, there was one item that really stands head and shoulders above the rest (pun intended). The Bumblebee voice-changing headset.

Yes, for a low, low price you too can sound like the musically-inclined Bumblebee. After a few minutes of constructing the helmet, it was time to get down to business.

The helmet has three buttons on the side, each of which activate various sounds like the familiar transforming effect. The coolest part though is by the push of one button, it’ll emit music every time you talk into its microphone…just like the real Bumblebee.

Which leads us to the prime use of the Bumblebee voice-changing helmet…ROBOT DANCE!

“Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” rolls into theaters June 24. Hasbro’s companion toy line hits store shelves May 30.

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Sounds like the guy also had a card in there "here's some awesome free stuff, it's all yours IF you pump up the crappy Voice-Changer helmet" Hell we all know that the Prime one is still sitting on shelves to this day.

I do want that HA Bumblebee though

3. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    surely he means decepticon logos?

4. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sick! I work for a radio station and we usually get all kinds of shit like this to give away as prizes for out advanced screenings. Last movie we got one box of stuff (almost a YEAR before it came out) t-shirts, magnets, etc...

I HOPE we get a box like that.

5. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Do want punch that guy.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    and steal the box of goodies

7. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    That too, if there's time.

8. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, HA Bumblebee hasn't even hit the stolen Chinese toy market, has it? Weird to think This Guy is one of the first non-Hasbro/Takara people to have that figure.

9. Bocc Kob

Bocc Kob Prowl Jam!

Another reason to hate MTV! :Gouki: 

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Looks like he got Gravity Bots Mudflap as well.

11. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sigh, I hope that HA BB will not come out early, I only got enough for Prime right now. (And if my GF decides to help, I may have ether v.Starscream or Sideswipe, Sideways, and maybe breakaway.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I really like the Bumblbee Merch. I wouldn't mind having the cannon, actaully! HA BB sounds pretty cool, but It's sad he didn't show the toy opened.