MTMTE Megatron's alt-mode revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by grindcore138, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

A little confused by the assymetry look of the tank design. If you remove the Fusion is it symmetrical design aside from that smaller cannon? It looks as though the fusion cannon\'s a bit sunken into the tank body, but that might just be my eyes playing tricks on me.

2. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Well that\'s a pity.  A lot of people are going to IMMEDIATELY find MMC\'s version unsatisfying now.  I still dig the drill/jet MMC pulled off on their own, I actually like when third parties get room to stretch their legs.  
    That being said, I do like this, got a Hardhead thing going on and I do like me some Hardhead.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Yeah if you take off the cannon it’s symmetrical apart from the small turret

4. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Oh oh oh, ko titans return hardhead into mtmte megatron. Get on it customisers!

• Like Like x 3
  5. scottywan82

scottywan82 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Give it to me now, MMC!!!!

6. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew Mmc was way off track when there megatron was in tank like mode with wings on it then drill there bot mode for Figure is exact on but vehicale mode everyone who read comics and saw megatron new body know he will be tank not tank with wings on it or jet like thing like to see toy of this made into figure

7. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

Except...his attempts at being non violent up until the very end of MTMTE. Lol.

Maybe it could be argued that he could have just used his altmode as a means of getting from point A to B quicker...but then again, who knows how slow that mode is.

Perhaps Megtron believed his alt-mode was too threatening and would immediately cause the Autobots to suggest they were right about him all along?

But nahhhh... my favorite choice on what happened, is that he was feigning pacifism this whole time just to sucker the DJD into dropping their guard, getting too over confident and bringing them close enough to do what he ended up doing.

8. Molini

That's it! Time to put my MMC Megs up for sale. It's not Alex Milne alt-mode accurate!
    Lol...only kidding. He will mostly be in bot mode for me anyhow.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Except Roberts has really been teasing his alt mode as something special. The mere fact that he didn't just say "he's a tank but he just hasn't transformed yet" made people think there was more to it because that used to be how Roberts was.

Also, he could've merely removed the guns from his tank mode. Boom, non-violent. (at least no more violent than any large motor vehicle)

I was expecting something... not just a tank. It's a nice tank, I like the little telescoping cannon in the front and the big round rear sections. It's not just a generic slab on treads, it's got a nice shape, but what exactly was the big secret here?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

I was expecting something like a jet, or a nerf gun, or devastator’s head

11. Molini

Sorry I must've missed the interview where he teased it was supposed to be something special. I mean this sincerely. Not being snarky.

I follow the series, but not Roberts' interviews. Certainly nothing within the story itself ever suggested to me that his alt mode was anything spectacular. The canon on his back and treads alone were suggestive enough to me to assume some form of land based vehicle/tank with a turret. I only knew for certain, whatever it was it wouldn't be earth based.

Now that we've seen it, my question is do you think it looks better than his FOC tank design?

12. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

That is literally just Hardhead.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Honestly? I was expecting a mobile/semi-mobile mini space bridge. Because he still has that tech rattling around inside of him.

I actually believe it was Twitter, FWIW.

I find it hilarious that MTMTE/LL has become a series so divorced from the practical use of alt modes that they can now be kept wholey secret pretty much unintentionally because nobody ever needs to use them.

I certainly do. I hated the FOC design.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's a tank. Shocker.

Big fuck you to MMC though

15. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    it's a tank that shoots poetry. the best of both worlds.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Friggin' FINALLY!! Holy cow, best news of the day; been waiting literally years to see what he turned into, haha.

I always found it unsatisfying, so no worries there! MMC's alt mode looks like a big pile of nothing with the cannon removed. Definitely want another company to take a crack at this guy... especially since Hasbro seems to have zero interest in turning one of the best designs of their most iconic villain into plastic.

I too am wondering about this. Milne also said in the past that there was something important about the alt mode and he couldn't reveal it yet. Along with the in-story trait of Megatron very deliberately avoiding transforming, even when it would have been beneficial/convenient to do so.

Maybe there's more to it? Triple-changer or something? (Still looks like it could turn into a jet.) Or combiner compatability?

Regarding Meg's struggle to stick to non-violence, I know I was expecting "Dying of the Light" to end with him just turning into a cannon and pulverizing the DJD. Finally giving in to his true nature as a gun, ahaha. ...Still would have preferred that to some black hole energy deus ex machina, to be honest. (Was hoping that IDW Megs was just like the Iron Giant... a gun who doesn't want to be a gun. :D  )

17. Molini

Ah, yeah I don't use Twitter or FB these days so never would've seen it. But that makes sense if he was giving teases on there, though it sounds more like he was just leading people on given the outcome.

Yeah I would have to agree that the use of alt modes in this series had become more of a taboo for the transformers as if it's the equivalent of "nudity" in their cybertronian society.

18. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

That sounds interesting, maybe that's what action masters think

19. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

I don't know about a "fuck you" to MMC, they do have a great robot mode. I doubt Hasbro would do an IDW version.

20. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

I'm more interested in Stardive than that Megatron tbh, but nice sketches either way.

• Like Like x 1