MTMTE Guidebook question

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by icanfly, Jul 23, 2009.

1. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey

Got the MTMTE Guidebook v2 last week (v1 is out of stock here) and noticed that there were a few missing. In amongst the seemingly millions of micromasters, there was no Ricochet/Stepper, and none of the Turbomasters/Predators. Im sure that there would have been planty of others missing too, but are they scheduled to be included in another book?

Regards

JL

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure Stepper was Japanese only, with his American version Ricochet coming out after the books were originally published. And the Turbomasters were never released in the States. Weren't they Canadian, maybe European? This book is for the US continuity and does not include foreign exclusives.

3. Dys

Dys Bitter yellow dog.

News Credits:
    There were plans for an annual in 2005 with additional profiles, but with Dreamwave tanking, it never saw release. Like the Age of Wrath and the end of Energon, I doubt it'll ever see the light of day under IDW because of legal reasons.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    drool. I would've LOVED that.

damn you pat lee...

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    No Metalhawk, Galaxy Shuttle et al either. Shame, because DW did have GS in the ongoing.

6. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think toyfare actually had an article that had 5-6 japanese profiles with art by Don. I remember Minverva and Overlord... can't remember much else. Probably closest you'll get

7. icanfly

Ebay:
    Fair enough. I thought the books were fairly new, my v2 says it was first published in 2008. Bit of a shame that they dont cover all of G1 though, I thouhgt that was the idea. After all, they included all of those bloody micromasters. Woulda happily sacrificed them for the Turbomasters & some Jap characters

JL

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They were released by DW and again by IDW. I would have bought the IDW versions if they had added Victory and Masterforce characters.

But then, I also bought the BW profile books.

And the Armada ones.

9. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least the Armada ones were better then the BW ones (shame)

I would've bought the Energon ones too :) 

10. icanfly

Ebay:
    Is the BW omnibus any good?

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The G1 profile books were written for Dreamwave's G1 storyline at the time, so it's Dreamwave-specific. The Armada profile book was written with Dreamwave's Armada comic in mind, though they seemed to take cues from the Armada cartoon when needed.

IDW republished both without changing anything, essentially releasing a guidebook that has absolutely nothing to do with their own comics. Brilliant. Though, judging by the quality of their Beast Wars source books, perhaps it's best IDW stays away from doing such things.

12. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Beyond the printing (mostly color) errors, the only weakness I found was Ben Yee's writing style. (You can clearly tell on most of the profiles if they were written by Mr. Yee from the repetitive sentence structure. "He wields a plasma cannon. He can travel up to 40 miles an hour. He is..." That's not a knock on him, it's just not an easy task for a novice writer to write a non-narrative piece of work.) But then again, I'm a sucker for profile books.

What did you find objectionable about the product that was actually IDW's, and not the printer's, fault?

13. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
  14. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is probably about as close as youre going to get without IDW making a MTMTE jap. source book.Which is pretty much exactly what this is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009