MTMTE Annual Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Mechafire, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    oh i do to-but i mean, if having all of the memory of the primes doesnt change you, then what's the point? I pray for the middle ground-where he must earn the matrix by showing he has the qualities of what a matrix-bearer must have, yet gains a boost of some sort from the matrix. Think Green Lantern, but to a lesser extent. has what's necessary, yet still gets something out of the deal.

Pax's sense of right and wrong, his desire to do good, his belief that freedom is everyone's right are must haves. But he's still, to an extent, a regular guy. He doesnt have that worldly knowledge, he doesnt always make the right choice, and doesnt have the wisdom of dozens of primes. In fact, I believe they often say the Matrix IS the wisdom of the Primes. First he must earn it, but he must also get a benefit.

otherwise, if the Matrix doesnt help him, what's the point?

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I kind of felt like Prime SHOULD have a lot of that knowledge and experience and self-assuredness already. Sure, the Matrix is a bit of a buff, but only a little addition to what's already there. In IDW so far, it doesn't seem to do much to your personality... it just seems to grant you occasional moments of ESP (as seen in Rodimus), or the ability to go back and "speak" to the spirits of the Primes' collective memory. But other than that, it mostly seems like a ceremonial and symbolic honour. Likewise, I think it's an interesting quirk of the writing (mostly a testament to how BAD it was before), but since Pax has LOST the Matrix (or in flashbacks to before he ever had it), he acts more like Prime should than he EVER has. :) 

zmog