MTMTE and RID comics interview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by tusko, Nov 8, 2011.

1. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    CBR has the following interview with Barber and Roberts on the new on going TF comics.

Enjoy!!

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Can't wait for this. The creative teams behind these two series have yet to disappoint me.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too, I'm actually excited to see what happens here.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It made me smile that Ratbat is positioned so prominently on the RiD #2 cover. :D 

5. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm so ready for these two series to begin. Chaos has been very underwhelming thus far.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Gotta say the image that awaited me when I clicked the link did not fill me with confidence.

7. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    really don't like that Rodimus design on display everywhere there, but man the stories sound good (even if i truly don't understand putting Bumblebee in a leadership role, and it seems even more bizarre here then it did when it was just of the 'bots on Earth.)

I wonder if the "Knights of Cybertron" thingy (or the returning Cybertronians) will touch in any way on the crew of the New Crystal City from the Drift miniseries.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Did someone punch Soundwave in the face really hard?

9. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like it either. Something tells me they're trying to sell Rodimus as their Ironman. But will end up making him Wonderman.

10. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I'm pretty sure it's from where Optimus headshot'd him earlier in Ongoing.

This looks incredibly promising. Roberts and Barber are fantastic writers, and I know they will not disappoint. I'm very much looking forward to the Death of Optimus Prime and the following events.

11. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stryker055 beat me to it, but yes it looks like Soundwave is carrying around a bit of a scar form his last encounter... And also seems he's changed into his War for Cybertron body too! Guess that means I can buy the Generations toy for my Classics guys! ;) 

I am actually looking forward to what's to come... It's nice to see a fresh take on the franchise. I am hoping we're finally going to get an appearance of the Quintessons soon too, they're way overdue!

12. mjordan23

mjordan23 Well-Known Member

Im looking forward to these series as well. Im also not crazy about the rodimus design but what they have planned seems way better than Chaos. I did enjoy the last story on earth though.

13. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    That Rodimus design is awful. Again. It actually pains me to see my favourite character suffer from continuous ugly designs ever since AHM. Especially since the previous redesigns were all excellent! Everything else about these books seems top notch. can't wait!

14. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Ratbat can't be tamed. Whats up with SW's faceplate? Looks like he had a run in with Nemesis Enforcer. (Im about 2 issues behind , my comic dude made an error an missed 28, so Im waitin a bit, Oh! is that cuz Prime blasted his face?)
    Roddy looks like he did a bunch of acid and found himself in a Silver Surfer comic....I like it!!

Cant wait to get these, even though Chaos isnt over yet....and it seems like every year we get a reboot....? But this definitely reminds me of when X-men #1 started when Jim Lee left Uncanny.

15. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do i see a g2 sideswipe in the art?

16. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Where abouts, front left? I think the 'bot visible on the ground behind Rodimus reminds me of the Actionmaster Rollout.

Time will tell if it's too obvious, but the aesthetic of Rodimus really lends itself to the superhero team story concept. Of course this coincides perfectly with a chance to establish Cybertronian modes; the WFC look of Soundwave was the first thing I noted of him - after the headshot damage that is! With the obvious exception of the Autobot badges, Rodimus' design looks far different to the fallen comrades around him at first glance, and I wonder what this image might convey to someone with only a little exposure to/interest in this branch of the franchise.

Still, we fans can be pretty sure that Roddy didn't KO the other 'bots :D  and his facial expression is anguish. In any case I have every confidence in Roberts' writing harmonizing well with these images.

Aside from WFC visual cues, this aesthetic also seems to indicate they're running with the concept of super heroes and villains as it has come up in other generations of recent years. That is, using a little TF: Prime, Animated, and the series that would have stood in its place, Transformers: Heroes with a G1 sensibility. Here's some TF: Heroes images from the 2010 volume of Generation.

Attached Files:

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those g1 comics sure are looking not-g1 at all. That Rodimus is pretty much a Prime design.

18. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    You know, I've honestly really enjoyed Chaos. I know people bag on it and I understand the gripes, but for some reason they just don't bother me. I guess making total sense just isn't something I've ever found strictly necessary in Transformers :) 

The space side of the tale could benefit from having twice as many pages to tell the story, but I'm still enjoying it. I'm actually enjoying the Earth part of the story much more than I thought I would.

I'm on board. Good to see they haven't forgotten Thundercracker.

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm interested... but I really hope Nick Roche keeps his art in check. One of my only complaints about Last Stand of the Wreckers is how cluttered and wonky the artwork could get. Also preview panel that shows (I presume) a bunch of unaffiliated arrivals seems a bit... weird, like they're designed in a style that doesn't suit Roche very well, but I guess we'll see.

As well, the colour palette I'm seeing on the sample pages is (as in Wreckers) a little on the pastel side.

Otherwise, I'm eager to see where they go with these titles. I like the idea of forming a new "core" group for the MTMTE project... taking a small and relatively diverse cast of characters that aren't necessarily typically associated with each other, and making them a "team". I also like the idea of a Cybertron full of unaffiliated Transformers... something that's never really been explored to a large degree.

20. uranimusprime

uranimusprime Well-Known Member

That Rodimus design = POOP!