MTMTE #7 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see these guys in action. Is it wrong that I find MTMTE and RID to be better than what DC and Marvel are doing now?

2. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

I can think of ONE Lost Light passenger (in the basement!) who could probably do some damage here!
    (possibly two, if Dinobot Month brings us Grimlock...)

PS - Yeah, Tarn's monologue makes me think of the The Operative's "better worlds" speech in Serenity.

3. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I forgot about Grimmy. But I dunno, he really has come off as too powerful in the IDW verse yet.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

He did have that comment about the sound of a transformation cog breaking down being the "saddest sound"... so I guess he's speaking from experience.

Where the hell did Megatron FIND this freak show?? And how does he control them? I guess they're all devoted fanatics? Could Megatron even keep his own followers in line? Is "double fusion cannons" a simple code for "better than Megatron?" Could get ugly. Let's say, for example if Megatron himself eventually couldn't live up to his own doctrines?

Kind of makes you wonder if that's the guy they're after, the one whose crime was "living" or whatever. A dead figurehead/martyr is more valuable to these guys than a disillusioned revolutionary leader. I wouldn't be surprised if the DJD goes this way at some point.

Still on the fence about whether them turning into torture devices is awesome or cheesy... likely both.

Yeah... though inevitably, he seems less badass on my shelf now... :( 

Nope. I'm not even sure I'd want toys of all of them. I mean, the concept is cool, but a guy who turns into a giant space-blender? Tarn definitely seems like a candidate though... that would be a toy I'd like to see.

Agreed. Though I feel like this side of Megatron was explored much earlier on, back in All Hail Megatron. For all its failings, it did flesh out Megatron's larger motivations and provide a foundation that Roberts' stuff since rests very solidly on.

I also like the idea that Tarn can probably quote from that epistle better than Megatron himself. Megatron just wrote the thing... Tarn sounds like he genuinely lives by it, to the letter.

zmog

5. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only when Simon Furman is writing.

I think it shows Megatron's narcissism and vanity.

He speaks of his use of violence as the great sacrifice for the greater good and for the utopia, but he gives no thought to all those billions and possibly trillions that he has murdered for his goals.

It's almost all about him and he fail to empathize with his victims. They are just a means to an end.

6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Uncanny X-force is good but Avengers vs X-men is just okay at best... After the Dark Avengers saga marvels been flat out boring for the most part. I do read some of Green Lantern Corps which I'll admit isn't as promising as it was during the Senestro Corps or Blackest Night period. Fortunately DC's direct to video more and animation block make up for it. (Well Young Justice does, not Shrek Lantern TAS)

But I have realized that I've went from buying an average of five comics a week to barely 5 a month. Three of them being Transformers books so no... you're not the only one. And it irks me that Transformers Ongoing doesn't get the recognition it deserves..

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I get the feeling these guys would be less than impressed if they were to actually serve under Megatron for as long as say, Soundwave and Starscream have. The Decepticon Justice Division seem to be fanatics and have built Megatron up to be someone far greater than he actually is in person. sure megatron is evil, but he's still on terms with optimus prime in regards to power. the DJD appear to be far more powerful than Megatron is. Put these five guys on Earth and there wouldn't be an Earth left after a week or so.

I look forward to seeing how the Autobots battle them. Other than Fortress Maximus and perhaps Overlord if he can be convinced to fight the DJD, there are no other heavy hitters aboard.

8. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Yeah I was getting JL, Superman, and 3 Bat family books and just dropped them.

9. backlash3906

backlash3906 Throttlebot

News Credits:
    Unless my eyes deceive me... I believe Kaon turns into ye olde variable voltage harness.

This... this is just chilling, and awe-inspiring.

10. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Who's too powerful Tarn or Grimlock??? Grimlock could barely beat Shockwave with help. And I believe he lost against Scorpinok.

And considerations that magnitude of Decepticons getting their asses kicked that past 6 months in RID alone, I'd say it's about time they did give us a Con with some actual fight in him.

Seriously...look at all the hype they put into Turmoil only to sign him off a some weekly Batman villain...His presence was pretty much "paint by numbers" in issue 7.

So here's to us finally getting some real villains in the TF universe this year.

11. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I wonder why he didn't remove Black Shadow's cog before it was destroyed? They had no reason to let him transform, and after being partially melted and having his legs ground off, he probably wouldn't be physically able to transform anyway. Maybe Tarn doesn't know that his source of cogs from Delphi is gone yet...he's gonna regret not saving that one while he had the chance.

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Turmoil's not done yet. He'll be the main villain before long. He is still in his introductory period.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not that I want this analogy to hit too hard, but yeah, this sounds like the relationship between Mein Kampf, Hitler, and fanatical Nazis. I'm sure one could think of other examples.

Of course.

Megatron isn't a good person.

Obviously, from the perspective of the original Miner-tron, he's lost his way.

But there is some core intellectual honesty there that I find intriguing. He's already decided that all those lives are the price he's willing to pay to create the universe he imagines.

14. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    .......On second thought, nix the Mindset and Bludgeon molds for Tarn and just give him Megatron's WFC mold.

Seriously, picture this mold with Tarn's face and a duo cannon....

[​IMG]

Okay I'm done imagining....I want this made right now!!!!

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I did. And it doesn't work.

16. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be REAL messed up if these guys could combine.

17. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The way Helex's lower arms look - and look at the last panel of the preview to get what I'm saying - I'd be surprised if he wasn't some kind of gestalt anyway. That or he's a smaller robot in a big fuck off suit.

18. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if they don't form a bigger robot, perhaps they form some super huge torture device. Some of those phase sixers do come in extra large sizes!

19. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    There's still some bots with impressive feats under their CVs in the crew.

Rodimus [part time Prime, former unit commander], Sunstreaker [former unit commander before re-assigned to Prowl's infiltration unit], Magnus, Drift and Whirl [one of the few surviving Wreckers]. Going by unit commanders alone, there's also Hound [nothing particular about him though].

Though if the phase six bit demise is any indication, they won't amount to much. Perhaps they are not as powerful as they appear [though I'm not betting anything on it] but they have a hidden ace under their sleeve?

Do not forget that phase sixers have a shut down code, an Achilles heel as Shockwave put it. One that he specifically deactivated from Overlord in LSOTW

20. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    With you I don't find that comment at that surprising...Though I'm sure you'd still buy the figure if it was made from that mold regardless...

I wonder what everyone else thinks since it's highly probably that he would be a repaint/remold if Hasbro did consider him a toy option...So if not WFC Megs than who...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.