MTMTE #7 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Awwww... and I just got my Generations Black Shadow last night. :( 

Too bad we didn't get to see more of that guy. I find it interesting that Tarn is speaking of Phase-Sixers as if they've dealt with many of them in the past... so I guess they numbered more than just Sixshot, Overlord and Black Shadow... I wonder if we'll find out who some of the others were. And, as Tarn points out... all 3 of those guys turned on Megatron. Go figure.

Also, these guys must be HUGE... Sixshot and Overlord were pretty damn big, and Shadow looks big in the flashbacks. I'm not sure how I feel about them just yet. To some degree, they seem like they may be a bit hypewanked... like, DOUBLE fusion cannons? Seriously? I guess that's the only thing better than having ONE fusion cannon, right? Still... it made me smile.

Nah. I think they're named after the cities, probably as a symbolic gesture, since they represent the highest in Decepticon fanaticism. I kind of like that. They're also probably code-names.

Yeah, this... totally.

Eager to see where this leads... and a little fearful too. Hm.

zmog

2. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Brutal. Absolutely brutal.

Love it.

3. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW.. Those Con's are wicked. Hope we see a lot more of them.

4. wyze2099

wyze2099 Well-Known Member

It amuses me to think of them kind of like the Freelancers from Red Vs. Blue: mercenaries who are codenamed after states. Tex, Wyoming, North & South Dakota, etc. It'd be awesome if they turned out to be a shoutout to RVB.

5. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

...dammit. You got me with that one.

Okay, at least three members transform into torture devices. That pretty much says it all about their reputation, doesn't it? Some of those alt-modes don't even have to be mobile for this crew to use them on a phase sixer.

See this? This is how you make a character seem utterly badass without it seeming forced. *coughdriftcough*

As for size, SMOG, you'll notice that when Tarn is kneeling by Black Shadow on page 4, panel 2, their heads look about the same size. So figure Tarn is about as big as Overlord, Kaon is a bit smaller (maybe the size of Optimus), Vos is on the tall side of "average", and Helex and Tesarus are the gigantic ones.

But they are evil, cruel, and fearsome. Already they are foes we know the crew of the Lost Light should be afraid of. Dramatic tension ahoy!

As an aside, what in the hell has Helex got on that chain in the last panel? Some kind of morning-star or something?

- Coeloptera

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    its actually a kind of... "pet"

hehehe >:}

it was supposed to be seen on page 2 as well but it looks like it got covered up by some word balloons at the bottom of the panel

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I get the feeling that the crew are going to need Overlords help...

8. Napalm

News Credits:
    Is that.. is that a Turbofox?!

9. Jetstream

Jetstream Well-Known Member

Awesome preview, wonder if we'll see Tarn's obsession with transforming in this issue, Pharma stated that the leader of the DJD had burnt through hundreds of transformation cogs. I wonder what Tarn's alternate mode is, from his robot mode he looks quite tank like, wonder if it's a traditional vehicle or a torture device like the other three.
    I just really hope we get to see some real time spent on the DJD and not just have them be the plot element in 1 issue.

10. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want a Tarn figure. And i want to read "Towards Peace"... illustrated version of course... haaa.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I think Helex has 4 arms

12. Napalm

News Credits:
    You're right - it's pretty obvious in the last panel where he's holding the chain using one of the smaller ones. Nice.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So when do we start arguing over which one is agent 113?

I'll bet on the one that talks funny. All spies have funny accents and nothing gets funnier than letters we can't read.

14. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Helex's pet dog thing. :p 

15. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Why do I have a feeling you're right? And he'd be a recorder like Rewind, convert to a data tape, playable by Blaster! :lol 

16. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i predict a showdown between Helex's pet and Bob...

and Josh i hate/love you guys for making comics this good. great work as always.

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh crap.

I forgot about Agent 113.

Of course there may be subordinates of these six + pet in the DJD. Remember the cover story of those Genericons?

Either way, First Aid knows a dangerous secret. Springer had him intercept a message from Agent 113 in "Bullets."

:lol  At least they took the opportunity to draw him after his toy, with minor liberties...it works quite well.

18. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    what was with the megatron retirement speach? it kinda came out of no where

19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    I don't know either... Maybe the guys on IDW's forum will know.

Yeah, I'm kinda bummed to... was hoping he would be one of the DJD and not just cannon fodder to boost their "bad-assery"

And yes a Tarn toy would be nice. But not if it's that damn Bludgeon mold. I'm tired of that mold, it's too stiff and it would be hard take a DJD leader seriously with chicken feat! But the more I think about the the possibility of Hasbro making him a toy, the more likely he would be made from that mold and he'll probably also be a Botcon exclusive to boot... :( 

Yeah...he does... Or the bounty hunter "Jubal Early" from the final episode who actually might be even crazier. Either way I like both of their dialog and Tarn does favor them.

God no! That Mindset figure was the only RTS toy I pasted on. It's small, stocky, disfigured in bot form and looks plan ol stupid... I'd rather they used Bludgeons mold before entertaining that thing!

No Hasbro, just don't...please.

Hell make him out of Warpath... Yeah I know but, it would still be better than the other 2 prospects or nothing at all...

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Am I the only one in the thread who's not excited about shoehorning these guys into existing Transformers toy molds? :/

Anyway, that passage from Megatron's own "Mein Kampf" was brilliant. That's one of the greatest insights I've ever seen into his psychology, and a nice reminder that on top of everything else he's a genius. That might be my favorite part of this whole bit...well, except the flashback battle panels!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.