Mtmte 54

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Jun 21, 2016.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

:lol  Yeah, I guess that explains it.

zmog

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    She's a good doctor. It's just that her degree is in ProtoCamien Literature.

3. snavej

snavej Zone 6 dweller, off-peak traveller

News Credits:
    Regarding Ravage: he has been around for millions of years, which is easily enough time to master a huge range of skills and senses. War would demand that he acquire as many of those as possible. He would be able to detect a vast number of substances and energies. This is one reason for his continued survival.

4. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The reason for his continued survival is because he's covered in "attention deflectors" so no one ever sees him

Or cuz he spends most of his time chilling inside another dude's chest.

5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'm sorry if i insulted you, that was not my intention.
    It seems in trying to summarize your viewpoint i did it wrong.
    I do belief in my summary myself though, offcourse there is a place for social exploration and don't think relatability is a thing to be expexted in scify, but neither is really intellectually challenging writing to be expected in a franchise intended for children. The things i would like TF fiction to be are just that. If something like that happens i am very pleased, but i don't really expect it.
    This is just fantasising out loud, and i may be fanatical about it at times but in private i am realistic enough about the fiction i can expect.

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Have we seen Megs alt mode since he joined the lost light?

7. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    No, but apparently there's a reason why we haven't, as Milne has teased that he can't show his sketches for it just yet.

8. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    Mobile Space-bridge? I don't know why it's a secret. He has enough tank kibble that I feel confident that his alt-mode is a tank.

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ok, thanks! I can't wait to see.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Didn't she like fail a few times before finally getting her degree?

I hope we finally get to see it soon enough.

11. Geox82

Geox82 Well-Known Member

I know i'm a little late to the discussion on fools energon but here is my take on it.

We know that chemo sedatives are an actual medication for transformers - I believe the term "fool's energon" is simply a layman's term for chemo sedatives (think of it in terms of how the general public just uses the term xanex as a shorthand for any anti-anxiety medication.) and Megatron just assumes that its an autobot joke to actually name this newly brewed chemo-sedative as "fools energon". Heck there may be in Megatron's mind a legit reason for not giving it a scientific name, if he were to know what was in the fools energon, he may be able to find an additive that would negate the sedative effect.

I would imagine that for the placebo to work, chemo sedatives are as foul tasting as raw, un-processed energon.

As we know that chemo-sedatives exist in universe, Velocity assuming that the "fool's energon" Megatron is taking is simply a new form of chemo sedative is understandable - and note - she does not say fool's energon can alter personality, but that different chemo-sedatives can have those side effects.

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Okay, that sounds plausible. I'll take it. :) 

zmog

13. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    Did she test the energon herself? Was she in on the secret? If not, it makes complete sense why she wouldn't know about this, and is only going off the information she's been given.

14. Geox82

Geox82 Well-Known Member

Thats a great question - it would seem highly irresponsible of Ratchet to have left without telling someone else that fools energon was just a test to see if he was complying with the terms of his sentence. But if Velocity knew the truth about Fools Energon, then I don't think she would have even mentioned the potential side effects associated with Chemo-sedatives.

Likewise, we know Rodimus didn't know as Ratchet lied to him about Fools Energon. That leaves the only logical explanation that the only person who would have known aside from Optimus and Ratchet would probably be Ultra Magnus. That knowledge would really add another layer to the friendship that has emerged between megs and magnus as he would be the only one really able to measure this arc of redemption for Megatron with eyes wide open.

15. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    MTMTE 55 and Titans Return released on my Kindle at the stroke of midnight tonight. Today is the start of two weeks leave for me. So a late night Transformering. Fcken yeah!!

16. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Not sure how I feel about this issue I need to sleep on it.