Mtmte #53

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Starscream Gaga, May 24, 2016.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Out on iTunes Australia.

So, we finally find out where
    Dominus Ambus has been this whole time and he quickly gets ended. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one side, that's one mystery down and the reveal made me gasp and Rewind choosing Chromedome over him was a powerful and quite effective moment. On the other, it happened so fast and we never found out Chromedome's reaction to it.

2. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    At someone's request, I'll spoil;
    Dominus Ambus is the pet. He's a loadbearer and the pet is his inner robot. He was Agent 113 and once discovered pulled out of his suit and "domesticated" through torture. Chromedome begins turning him back to normal, but the effort is killing him. On the other side, if he stops halfway through Dominus will be killed. Chromedome says that Rewind has always wanted Dominus back more then Chromedome and will die in order to bring him back, but Rewind takes Drift's sword and slices Chromedome's arm off, saving Chromedome but killing Dominus.

3. Carnivos

Carnivos Well-Known Member

I was right???

4. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy cow. I definitely called one half of that reveal since close to the first appearance of
    the pet
    and I called the
    lobotomization
    when we
    first saw the message from Agent 113

However I *never* in a millllllllllion, billlllliiiion years would have called
    Dominus being the pet underneath
    . As a side effect, this finally explains
    how Tarn knew about the Magnus recall trigger
    and possibly why
    Magnus "knew" Dominus was gone

This even explains why
    Dominus was such a big champion of the disposable class!! As someone whose inner robot was a pet like Ravage, he would have naturally been standing up for the maligned and disrespected.

5. Fanatic97

Fanatic97 Fanatic97

What about Nautica's Conjex!?

6. Carnivos

Carnivos Well-Known Member

Wait weren't he and
    Minimus brothers
    ?

7. Sparkbreaker

Sparkbreaker New Member

Ebay:
    yes.
    They are brothers- both from the "House of Ambus'. I don't think they're twins, and I always just assumed Dominus was the older brother based on how much more professionally accomplished he was compared to Minimus.

8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Dominus being a beast raises so many questions. Like, did the Functionists know that when they replaced his head? And if a humanoid and a wolf-ish thing are brothers, how do transformer families even work? How could it be that animal Transformers would fail the Ambus Test if Dominus is one? And did beast-Dominus sport a mustache?

9. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Not sure what people were expecting? Exactly what happened in the preview, she made her friends her Amica Endura.

It says that Dominus was the FIRST Agent 113. If that means he was the hook-guy or not, I'm not entirely sure. The beast-mode body is Dominus true body. Remember how Minimus is actually inside a tiny Minimus inside a bigger Minimus inside Ultra Magnus? Same deal here.

1. This is actually a pretty complicated problem and I'm not sure we'll get an answer in the books. Definitely a potential plot hole.
    2. They are spark brothers, no? Not sure why that suggests they have to have different alt-modes.
    3. I'm sure this is something that will be cleared up and it has to be intentional.
    4. Yes...

SPOILER! Do not enlarge if you don't want spoilers!

image.jpeg

10. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

What the Flyin' Fuck.

Theoretically, isn't it possible that
    Dominus
    was made/born differently in the Functionist Universe?

I mean Fuctionist!Miminus apparently has a normal spark, not a .01%, so it could be like that.

11. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    What I liked about this issue is that it felt like things actually happened. The whole
    Dominus Ambus story was wrapped up beautifully, and I didn't even expect the twist for a second.
    Like, THAT's the kind of MTMTE I like to see. Rodimus was even more of an ass than usual this issue, which sucks for his character, but seeing
    him get clocked by Rewind was very satisfying indeed.
    The Nautica shit was weird, honestly. Like, it wasn't bad, it just happened and was over in a second. I guess there just really wasn't anything else to focus on with her. Overall it was a great issue that had shit actually get done. Part of me hopes someone actually dies, but another part of me just doesn't feel like any of them are suited to die at this point. Like, Ten would be pretty cheap. Nautica probably won't die. Rung's body is still important. Skids is almost definitely going to die after that goodbye with Rung. Or he'll get kidnapped by Overlord and become seperated or something. Brainstorm could die here, but it definitely doesn't feel like his character has been building up to anything whatsoever. I really just don't want to see Chromedome or Rewind die if only because we already saw them separated once, and gay couples dying has been happening so often lately in television that for the love of God to have any couple in this comic to have a happy ending would be a godsend. I really wouldn't mind Cyclonus biting it, sadly, after his last fake-out. Tailgate could go either way. Rodimus won't, and for the love of God I don't know what I'll do should Ratchet or Drift leave us again, like Christ we just got them back.

12. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    I'm sure Ratchet and Drift are safe. Milne mentioned that their new designs were intended for Season 3, right? That implies to me that they were something of a late addition to the cast for this arc and that there's plans for them in the future. I could be wrong, though.

Things don't look good for Skids though. A new Amica Endura and a farewell to a friend that wasn't perfect? Way to put a target in your back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Exactly! I took "the Pet is Dominus" literally and got royally confused.

'Course, Dominus only sometimes being a beast implies he has a kind of prejudice against them. Like he's happy that he can turn into one, but happier still that he can turn into a "real" robot.

14. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Part of me feels like Skids might still have some story left with the Cybertopia folk and the light that spoke in symbols, and that his
    goodbye with Rung is just a red herring.
    But then if not him, then who? Chromedome maybe? I feel there was some kind of secret linked to him that Prowl mentioned that never got cleared up. Rewind again? Unlikely. I feel like while I want someone to finally die for once, very few of these characters are "ready" to die.

I just remembered that Swerve is possibly the most likely candidate of all considering his history with the DJD and his arc getting wrapped up in Swearth. Yep, calling it now. Swerve's dead.

15. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess is that Skids is safe, only because he has yet to meet up with his "nemesis" from the Scavengers...

16. Tristich

Tristich Planeteer

I didn't expect this issue to hit me like a truck. Out of left field for me.
    Rewind
    just straight up murdered a comatose ex-lover, who happens to be someone else's family –who didn't have any say in the matter–, and even utters the words "not your choice to make". The irrational part of me, as someone who lost a close family member in a coma, wants to rip that cam-corder of his and repeatedly smack him in the face with it.

The bit with Cyclonus, on the other hand, made me grin. Another grin-worthy moment was
    Magnus' ultra super armor Maximus Ambus
    . xD
    He looks like a Combiner sized mech? Rodimus doesn't even reach the hip (is Rodimus still Hot Rod-sized?). Or everyone else's tinier than normal.

One other thing...
    Deathsaurus didn't even flinch at Tarn murdering his underling? He went back on his statement in the previous issues or
    what? I guess murdering Megatron is stronger than any held principle, lol.

17. TURBODERP

TURBODERP Well-Known Member

Did not see the big twist in the issue coming. Good stuff.

Oh man, the next issue is the climax right? It's gonna be bloody.

18. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So about the Dominus = Tarn theory.....

19. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

Yeah, that seems odd.

But maybe he just hasn't reached the last straw yet.

20. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Just dropped on Canadian comixology. Loved the issue, especially the middle. Last couple pages were kind of meh, if only because Megs came across as kind of pathetic. But this also isn't the end of the chapter and Roberts will have some other surprises for us next issue. Lots of stuff HAPPENED and we won't see the results until next issue and the epilogue issue leading into Titans Return.

Also, I mean, it's incredibly worth noting that
    after Rewind slashes off his arm, Chromedome is prone in the floor in the exact fetal position he was in after losing his arm to Rewind dying in the escape pod with Overlord back in 15

Ratchet is awesome. 'Nuff said.

Maximus Ambus. Heh.

Whirl and Cyclonus with another terrific exchange. And maybe one of my favorite panels in all of MtMtE:

[​IMG]

... soooooo ... it'll be thirty days to issue 54 soon, right? =J