MTMTE #50 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Hound89, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Rodimus/Hot Rod didn't even exist prior to the movie. :sly: 

2. Resistor

Resistor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sometimes I too felt like he wasn't even in the show.
    ;) 

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I want him to be a bunny ears lawyer type of character, fun, quirkly, a bit of an asshole but one whose legit good at leading all things considered.

I think he has no choice this time, he can't keep doing what he's done.

I think the fact everyone mutinied against him is the biggest blow to the ego, if he makes it out of this. He's got to set things right.

4. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus TFW2005 Supporter

Why do people keep wanting "character development" for Rodimus? He works perfectly well in the setting of the book. He's not the main character of the book even though he's the captain and set everything in motion and has a high level of authority. This book has had rotating protagonists and Rodimus was never one of them.

The current state of the book might give his character some light to shine in and change but blah. Responsible Rodimus or Mature Rodimus-- why? We already have Ultra Magnus and even Megatron to fill the role of responsible/mature leader. I like having Rodimus as a less mature Captain Kirk.

I mean, its interesting when Rodimus "sobers up" during a crisis but quickly goes back to his fratboy mentality is fine with me. I do not see this lack of "growth" for Rodimus as a fault in the writing.

5. Rodimus Prime

Because growth and development doesn't have to mean a personality change. My avatar is from a book series where the protagonist develops and matures as time goes on. They don't become a completely different character, however.

6. Resistor

News Credits:
    Dresden's a perfect example of growth. In the later books there's several occasions where he looks back on actions he took or choices in the earlier books and literally says "Holy crap was I dumb."

And don't we all.

7. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

It's not right to say Rodimus has had no character development whatsoever. Remain In Light developed him by forcing him to admit he's even more irresponsible than he previously made himself out to be, and easily played to boot. Dark Cybertron and the first arc of season 2 showed him facing up to the consequences of that, and for once doing the decent thing by not acting on Atomizer's list. Since then his personal story has essentially been put on hold while Megatron takes center stage.

8. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rodimus has not grown up. Your right about the list. I think the trouble makers are on Atomizer list is more potential rivals to later plans.

9. Rodimus Prime

Yep! In several ways, Dresden kind of reminds me of Rodimus. If he had to go to a Quinteson costume party, you know that Rodimus wouldn't just go as a Quinteson, but a really cheesy looking one at that. :lol 

10. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

So the SICK Phase6 cover of MTMTE 50 is gonna be debuted as Wondercon in CA, and I'm on the other side of the country. So, I was wondering if anyone was going and could maybe pick me up a copy if possible? Someone at Emerald Knights said they were gonna be $10 there, I'd gladly pay someone for the cost, shipping, and their kindness!

I apologize if this is the wrong section to post this?

11. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    '

Who is this Dresden character. Never heard of him.

12. Resistor

News Credits:
    Harry Dresden from the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. A wizard who lives in Chicago. Very fun read, but the first books are a bit terrible, and Dresden comes off as little more than a highschool "OC-do-not-steal" badass. As the series progresses, the quality skyrockets, as does Dresden himself.

13. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was brought up already, but I reread season 2 this week and noticed: before leaving, Ratchet gave First Aid a way to get in touch with him in an emergency, which was then handed off to Velocity when First Aid went off to go combiner war. Pretty sure Ratchet and Drift will be rejoining the main cast, not the mutineers.

14. Furious Rodimus

Furious Rodimus Matrix Bearer

The reason I'm looking for Rodimus to (re)develop is because way back we got an epic narrative about how Optimus re-named him Rodimus and how he wore his new name with with maturity once he gave the matrix back to Optimus. This was also after his misadventures in the Furman run as well where he attempted to mature and make things right. Then the reset button got hit when Costa took over, and then again when MTMTE started.

15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    This. I want to see Rodimus being awesome again. MTMTE Rodimus is funny, but I want him also be awesome like he was. I also found him bad ass in the story revolving the magnificent and the betrayal of dealer. At first I thought Rodimus was just acting like this, because war was over and he could loosen up a bit. But then I realized they just took away his maturity.

16. Rodimus Prime

Aside from not liking his design, the writer's refusal to actually develop Rodimus is one of my biggest dislikes about MTMTE.

It helps to keep in mind that the first book was written to be as formulaic as possible, in an attempt to prove his writing teacher wrong on something. Between this and the origin of his Fury saga (Pokemon meets Lost Roman Legion), I think he can turn just about anything into pure awesome. :lol 

17. Resistor

News Credits:
    Which was also done as/on a bet, apparently.

And then Cinderspires exists to answer why cosplayers wear goggles.

18. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I'm hoping this will be the true wake up call for Rodimus.

Assuming she remembers this or they didn't forget this contact when they left the ship.

19. Deceps4Ever

Deceps4Ever New Member

That was not a legal loophole: That was a writer´s wickery.

Megatron was not judged by a Cybertronian court. Megatron was judged by an Autobot military court. There is no way the Autobot Code could recognice that tradition. Having such an enormous loophole in a military justice code is nuts, and anyway Prowl would have pointed it before moving the court to Luna2.

All in all, allowing Megs to take advantage of such an "ancient law" which bestowed inmunity to any bot judged in Luna2 since the Knight´s departure was Optimus Prime´s call.

20. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so, i am finally giving my 2cents about the issue, i, disappointed it took this long for me to post it.

so, this is on hell of an issue, a lot going on. it really hypes the drama and hopes. i hate these tense moments in the story because you really do get sucked into it and hope for the best in these. the twist of the mutiny was something really unexpected and you really do feel the betrayal. man, when getaway used tailgate you really hated him, but now, he is one of the bots, like prowl, starscream or tarn, that you really want to see get what he deserves. the DJD coming was a bit predictable as their confrontation with megatron was an immanent inevitability. one of the biggest let downs of the story was the death of the necrobot. he just seemed like to cool of a character with a lot of potential to be just killed of panel. that was really disappointing. i also feel like there is more to the mutiny than we see. i think maybe getaway is exaggerating the cercumstances to rub it in their faces.

i love the group that have been betrayed, they really are the main characters of the crew and i really want them all to live. but, knowing the series, that is very unlikely. the bigining with their messages it just heartbreaking. the characters that i absolutely want to survive are megatron, nautica, cyclonus, tailgate and rung. i dont want the others to die but if they did, i wouldnt miss them as bad as those ones. this was really i mile stone in the this season of the story and i both cant wait and dread what will happen in 51.

my biggest hope for the resolution of this is for the group, with or without some casualties, to either escape or somehow beat the DJD and become their own crew in a race to find the knights before the lost light. it would also be good if ratchet and drift return, and either join the exile crew, or go abck tot he light and KICK SOME ASS! oe they could hook up with the scavengers, the ideas just keep rolling