MTMTE #50 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Hound89, Feb 25, 2016.

1. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

That's a shame.

Of course Roberts has been known to lie about plot details.

That lying liar.

2. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Scavengers have a bone to pick with the DJD. If they had a backup from other parties it could be enough for them to lend a hand if only to not have to worry about the DJD in the future.
    And they don't seem to be very set on principles, so they could work with Autobots as well.

3. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

One of the Scavenger's guiding principles is not dying horribly. So I don't think they'd be rushing in to help fight the DJD.

Like I said. Just like Bumblebee and Shockwave. Now sadly Rodimus they could get away with. Outside the comics, nothing ever gets done with him. And at this point he's a joke, in universe and out. All the character development he needed to grow into a leader role he backslid on. You can only do that so many times before it just becomes impossible to buy it when it happens.

I suppose if they wanted to get Megatron out of things for a while having him become the new Necrobot might be interesting. He decides to be the one to honor and remember the dead as penence for all the death and destruction he's caused.

4. RNSrobot

Damn, that's... that's an amazing idea.

5. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

This is a very good idea for having him mothballed for future use... Or no use at all.
    His kinda unemployed now, between Galvatron, Soundwave, Tarn and Deathsaurus.

Incidentally, it's not unlike what Marvel was doing with Magneto when they were moving him from a villain to anti-hero role. Eric had periods of withdrawal and doing relatively little.

6. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:

7. RNSrobot

8. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Scavengers will wait until the fighting is over. Like vultures they will pick over any technology that has value. The Scavengers may be Decepticons but they are scavengers and even technology that both Lost Light and Necrobot's planet is valuable to them. They will wait until DJD have their blood bath and pick over what is considered salvageable. Necrobot technology would help in their goal of healing the minds and sparks.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's gonna get awkward real fast.

though it's highly theorized that they only believe Megatron will die, they assume the rest will be spared.

Or they could have Rodimus legitimately finally get his shit together.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I don't think the Scavengers would come within two galaxies distance of the DJD unless they had Unicron behind them.

11. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Nah, they would probably be behind Unicorn.

12. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is absolutely the last thing I would ever want to see. I'd much rather he continue being an irresponsible, seat of his pants guy.

13. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Yep. Primus forbid Roddy ever gets any character development.

The irresponsible airhead glory hound act gets old after some time.

... nobody's really asking for Rodimus becoming a full of self-doubt mopey Prime with no sense of humor.

14. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fair enough. I'm just saying I like Roddy as is and don't really see a need for him to change. Most of my favorite Rodimus moments are when he's acting his most childish.

15. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

He hasn't any of the many times before, so why would we believe this time would be any different? Heck that was a problem in season 3 of the cartoon.

You can't just keep looking like you are going to do something with a character, then not do it, then after a bunch of false starts expect the audience to believe it when you finally do. It's like the boy who cried wolf. Yeah there finally was a wolf, but they that point nobody would believe him, since all the previous times there was no wolf. "This time Rodimus is finally maturing into a leader, and not just being a joke!" "Sure just like all the other times."

No, but it would be nice for us to be able to see some signs that he is actually capable of being a leader and capable of being responsable, and not be a joke.

16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

To me the best Rodimus was in Maximum Dinobots. Defeated, beaten... and trolling Scorponok hard.

He's the Errol Flynn of IDW. He may be vain and self-centered, but it doesn't mean that he has to be ineffective.

Furman was on fire writing this scene.

17. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

I agree that some Rodimus development would be awesome.

One of the things I like about his character was how gung-ho and naive he was about the whole Lost Light venture and even though reality slapped them all hard in the face from the get-go, he still held onto his immature nature. He seems to rely on Ultra Magnus and, since coming on board, Megatron to be the serious side of responsibility in the running of the ship (which they both fill willingly and well. Mutiny aside and all that). Without either of those guiding forces helping, I don't think Rodimus could maintain the reckless abandon he's been afforded.

Now with the DJD looming over them, I'm expecting some serious Rodimus development.

18. Tristich

Tristich Planeteer

Well, they will once Drift arrives... whenever he does. :lol  (the DJD, I mean.)

Edit: Nevermind, I remember that really weird ADD-event with Max letting the Scavengers go...

---
    On the topic of Rodimus' character development, I would very much like to see him get somewhere. I rather him exploding with amazing spark-enhancing powers than Tailgate.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  19. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

He's gone fifty issues without any genuine character development. Why would it start now?

20. Resistor

Resistor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He went three entire seasons of G1 without any character development!