Mtmte #47

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Theonlycyclonus, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Chronix

Chronix Well-Known Member

Wow, Getaway is more of a dick than Megatron ever was.

So um, is Cyclonus dead? What's happening to Tailgate?
    Is Megatron going to be okay?

2. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Well it seems Tailgate is a Bene Jesierat!
    (Go figure THAT reference youngings)

People seem to forget Cyc kicked Tailgate like a dog.

Cyc is trying to redeem himself and only Tailgate has been willing to take him at face value.

Tailgate is simply craving attention, as he feels lost among the other bots.

I wouldn't call it romantic at all, more like teacher & apprentice.

The art in the last few pages, specifically the mechanics of choreography, kinda killed the mood. First Cyc is towering over TG, then he's going for his sword, then finally he's shielding TG. Just too much going on.

Cyc ALMOST made it to the hanger before the alarm went off, I'm sure there's a VERY angry Megs not far behind.

BTW, when did Cyc get his sword back from Megatron's chest?

3. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

I dunno, Tailgate haven't drunk some poisonous substance and become filled with memories of his past ancestors, hasn't he?

Oh, Cyke can easily pull out the sword as easily as he pushed it into Megatron

4. l0te

l0te Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Their relationship seems pretty unambiguously romantic. The implication by showing the death-bed flashback scene at the tailing end of the issue is that they essentially completed the four rites, and are pretty much Conjux Endura. CE seems roughly analogous to marriage (or a serious relationship) from what we know of Chromedome and Rewind. This is also supported by the the jab Needlenose got from Tracks re: Horribull, in exRID, and how he later professed the dead mech was the only one he'd ever loved. Amica Endura seems to be the platonic form of bonded love.

Other scenes that reinforce the romance angle (pulling a lot from 47, but their interactions have just been building for the entire series):
    • The scene where Tailgate is trying to get Cyclonus to dance with him, and this is what makes Cyclonus decide to go for it.
    • If Cyclonus cared about Tailgate in a paternal/fraternal way, there's no solid reason he'd be upset about Tailgate spending so much time with Getaway; he tells Whirl it upsets him because he cares about Tailgate, and when Whirl spells it out that Tailgate is better off with a nicer guy, Cyclonus tells him point blank that it hurt to hear. If their relationship was friendly or familial, being close to someone else wouldn't be that upsetting.
    • Cyclonus giving the stink-eye to Chromedome and Rewind holding hands while he's entering the bar to look for Tailgate.
    • When Getaway is grooming/flirting with Tailgate, he uses chirolinguistics to sign a term of endearment into his hand. This affectionate act reminds Tailgate of Cyclonus.
    • Cyclonus literally pouring his heart and soul into Tailgate to bring him back to life.

I left out a LOT of stuff that could be more easily construed as general affection/friendship. There's really no doubt in my mind that their relationship is a romantic one, especially with the emphasis on the Conjux stuff in this issue.

Regarding their age difference, age in general is a really nebulous concept to transformers. There is no childhood/growing-up stage for cybertronians that we have learned of (in IDW G1). What we have learned is that MTOs are born, educated, and set off to fight and die within their first few minutes of life. We also know that Tailgate is considered "old enough" to drink, date (Getaway), carry firearms, and go on missions. Is he immature/naive? Oh yeah. But it doesn't mean he's not considered an adult by all other standards.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    So, has anyone figured out who the security detail bots are? Generics? New characters? Old characters redesigned to the point of not being recognisable?

6. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Powerflash, Aquafend, Dogfight, Strafe, and Boss. All have been seen on the LL before: Strafe was part of the assault on 'Cons in Temptoria, Boss and Dogfight were two of the guys shot by Fort Max, and Powerflash and Aquafend have been on security detail a handful of times.

7. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

Sorry for res-ing a dead thread but:

I've never really done the whole "conspiracy theory", try-to-figure-it-out-before-they-say-it kinda guy but, I thought I'd try my hand at it after rereading some of "Season 2" of MTMTE

In issue 28-30:

[​IMG]

That's a cute hint about Atomizer being in league with Whirl but later on...

[​IMG]

What's that, Whirl?

[​IMG]

Now that could just be Rodimus telling the whole crew that but... Remember how a few months ago SPLIT LIP was saying how even though Rodimus had given that speech to Minimus (before Perceptor cranked up the power on the killswitch to save every constructed cold dude out there) on how he was gonna change and then in "Season 2" he like... didn't at all. What if that was intentionally done by Roberts and Rodimus is up to an Overlord-like-secret-scheme to get rid of Megatron? He did to something illegal with Atomizer before he left with the fake crew vote:

[​IMG]

And then this:

[​IMG]

He's sulking in the shadows? Like he's ashamed about something (we'll come back to this later) You may be thinking that's only because he broke the law and Megatron is captain instead of him but then this scene happens:

[​IMG]

And what subplot begins right after the scene where he calls "Team Rodimus" you may ask?

[​IMG]

(we're back to it now) Huh, he looks ashamed up there... almost like he just set another "Team Rodimus"'s plan in motion. Then what happens next? (in the book not chronologically)

[​IMG]

Then back to issue 28:

[​IMG]

What if again (see Overlord scheme), Rodimus' megalomania about being liked (see him reading the list from Atomizer), being the captain (see the hundreds of quotes about how he's captain in "Season 1") and being the hero (see Rodimus) is causing him to do something drastic?

8. Lord Black Cat

Lord Black Cat Combat Hero Shadow

Wasn't Atomizer the one who gave Rodimus the fake list? I don't think Rodimus is the leader of the conspiracy just because that list. That list was for the benefit of the person who made it and seemed like it was taking advantage of Rodimus. If Rodimus was in on this plot, he would have just removed the people that might interfere with the plan.

9. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet told Rodimus that list was fake since as medic he voted against the Captain. Also Ratchet told Rodimus that Megatron is going on the Lost Light until then he was in the dark.

10. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

The Atomizer list was to show how Rodimus can still be taken advantage of while also showing that he's willing to cross the line of what's right and wrong. If my theory is true and after the list thing, maybe he's working with Atomizer now because Rodimus knows he's a manipulative bastard that can get the Megatron plan rolling? I'm not sure on that part.

11. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I do not want to be Getaway when the Lost Light finds out what caused Tailgate to do what he did.

I honestly feel that Getaway and Atomizer are not the real boss. It had to be someone who knew enough about Rodimus' insecurities and be able play on them. Given at the time Megatron probably figured out Rodimus insecurities but during his trial he did not know about them. Prowl is an obvious choice he did know about Megatron's phobia about Shadowplay and Rodimus' insecurities. I wonder in a shot in the dark it is Rung he has access to a lot of information and can manipulate someone into doing his bidding. Atomizer does not strike me as one who believes in psychology as much as Getaway does.

1. How Getaway and Atomizer get the Nudge gun without security being aware of it.
    2. I am surprise they know how both Co-Captains tick.
    3. This whole operation outside of security guns actually involved finesse and not bullets. (Atomizer fired a weapon but no real weapons were fired on Megatron. It was psychological warfare.)

12. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

It could be Tyrest, he did have Getaway captive for a long time. He seems like he's the type to plant a sleeper agent just in case, and he seems to be able to gather tons of info easily.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, I'm still in the camp that believes that Getaway might be tied up with Tyrest somehow.

Which doesn't mean he might not have other loyalties as well. But I doubt that the conspirators were just the guys in that room.

zmog

14. Lord Black Cat

Lord Black Cat Combat Hero Shadow

So who would make a good candidate for shocking leader that's okay with (basically) child murder to kick Megatron off the island?

Rung? He would understand the psychology for messing up the two leaders. There's something weird going on with him - there have been s couple just odd points with Rung. Brainstorm's joke that Rung was a Decepticon seemed like a really bizarre and random point. I don't think a Roberts stand in character would make the leader of a conspiracy though. There's too much for him to do in response to the functionist agenda.

Chromedome? It's clear he had a pretty shady past. I don't think he'd be that heartless though.

Ultra Magnus? Not doing something by the books? Unacceptable.

Brainstorm? That would be a retread on the time travel story and wouldn't really work again.

Riptide? I think he's affiliated with the conspiracy but he's not bright enough to lead it.

Thunderclash? I mean, he is the greatest Autobot of all time so maybe he's the best bad Autobot of all time.

I don't know where this is going, but I feel like we're going to get a cast member reveal as part of the conspiracy. I'd much prefer the leader being someone off the ship, but it's probably about time for a follow up gut punch right?

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I really hope it's not Prowl because we'd then be retreading old ground again with the Overlord incident.

I like the Tyrest idea but i'm sure it's not him. Prowl is the obvious one but it'd be too obvious.

I like the Thunderclash idea...hell i'm reminded of that cover where he's cowering behind Tailgate with his big strong arms.

I kinda hope for a new antagonist.

16. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Me too.

Prowl is way too obvious and also given how many mistakes I do not believe he actually had the time that almost actually worked. I mean he had his reunion with Getaway and Atomizer during Dark Cybertron and spent most of it as Devastator. I am not sure how loyal the Constructicons are to Megatron. but right then Prowl popularity on Cybertron is all time low. Given how Lost Light loves Prowl like tossing him in the nearest airlock and opening it to nearest black hole. Getaway may new the crew even he can pick up on the Anti-Prowl vibe and Skids had been there longer.

17. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the subject of what exactly Cyclonus feels for Tailgate.

I haven't gotten a romantic vibe from Cyclonus. But he obviously cares deeply for Tailgate.

I wonder if Tailgate reminds him of Scourge?

Similar colours, kind of naive, gets namechecked in MTMTE #1 when Cyclonus is reminiscing about ancient Cybertron and winds up running into Whirl...

Hmmm.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    So Scourge was like a naive little kid......I haven't read much of Pre-MTMTE IDW but was he like that?

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I don't remember Scourge having much of a personality at all in IDW...

zmog

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah he showed up out of Literally Nowhere, accidentally got cloned by ??? instead of Galvatron to create the Sweeps, then sort of disappeared into their ranks. John Barber mentioned he was dead in one of the GIJoevsTF commentaries, so I'm guessing he was meant to be the guy who Wheelie decapitated in Chaos.

Clearly they could bring him back if they wanted to given the ambiguity introduced when Sweeps started talking (and a bunch of them were recently returned to life in both Dark Cybertron and that recent Dinobot oneshot)