[MtMtE #45] Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by FruitBuyer, Sep 30, 2015.

1. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Actually, I'm holding out hope that the Megatron Vs DJD confrontation will be interrupted by a surprise visit from Overlord who'd spent the last while toting Rewind1 around the galaxy, sapping memories out of the back of his cranium in an attempt to find the lost light. Overlord gets to cut down the DJD threat, evening the odds for the LL crew, he also finally gets to confront Megatron. Chromedome then faces the horrible choice of determining to which Rewind his loyalties lie.

That would go some way in bringing some interest back into the book as far as I am concerned.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I've been expecting this for quite a while now, actually. Too long, even.

And don't forget that he has Chromedome's mnemosurgery hand now too. :) 

Agreed.

zmog

3. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Personally I wouldn't want to- sure, it's not reaching high heights and pacing wise it's not moving fast enough, but I still view it as miles from 'bad'.

4. SMOG

I don't know... I guess it depend on how you measure it. Where is "mediocre" in relation to "bad"? :) 

I think that it's all about proportion. Something can be on the edge of "great", but if it has enough "bad" in it, it spoils the whole broth. It doesn't take much to throw the flavour off.

It's like you can have the world's best cookie recipe, but if you cook them on the baking sheet you just used for garlic bread, the soupcon of garlic is going to undermine all the hard work that went into making great cookies.

Wait, what are we talking about again? I'm hungry.

zmog

5. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

The thing is, there's still something fun or character developing or so on in every issue, even if not enough for our tastes.

I've read comics for a long time, and I've seem plenty of comics that are a lot more forgettable than those.

Consider how the Thunderclash's two-issue had some real tension and mystery in the first issue, taught us some about Nautica giving her more depth, and added some team-members and quest progress.

Sure, the issues are filler-y, but none, individually, are all that bad, and there's a lot more empty filler out there.

6. SMOG

I'm not saying that there's not good in there... but the bad sort of stands out. If the series was totally bad, I'd have no investment, and I wouldn't be reading it, and I wouldn't be here. Instead, it's just good enough for me to be frustrated when it's disappointing. And often something that is disappointing is worse than something that is just bland.

You can argue that anything involving a character is "giving them more depth", but if it's a stupid story, then I still count that as a negative overall. All you need is one cringe-per-page, and it kind of kills the buzz. :( 

zmog

7. snavej

snavej Zone 6 dweller, off-peak traveller

News Credits:
    This issue

The Grimlock and Skullcruncher scenes seem to be mainly digs against Furman.

I wonder if Fort Max will be expanded to his original giant size?

8. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Speaking for my point of view, I don't classify much of it as bad. I mean, I see a fair amount of 'eh,' and 'less than I was hoping for,' but not really 'I can't believe that was written, in the bad sense.'

Like, what parts do you consider bad? Not eh, not 'could be better,' but bad?

*Edit*

For example, do you consider the personality parasites bad? I consider them in the same league as the mouth-nanos- they should've maybe been a minor encounter rather than the conclusion of a two-issue arc, but I don't find the concept necessarily a problem- and you may, that's fine- and I find their creepiness in the first issue and part of the second fairly positive.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh man that would be awesome.

10. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Naturally and eventually, one of the Rewinds gets rejected and attempts to reinvent parts of himself to get past the heartache. And this rejected Rewind paints himself blue in order to distance himself from what's happened.

11. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Doesn't Eject already exist in IDW?

12. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Nope. Not that we have ever seen. Chances are most likely he was one of the disposable class and may have been an easter egg as a blue colored data slug in a larger Cybertronian's hand back in season one, but as a character he's never been shown or established.

13. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

This issue was good. And I'm [​IMG] at the size difference between Spinister and Misfire - compared to their original G1 toy forms :tongue: 

14. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Wow.

You know I could see that happening now.