[MtMtE #45] Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by FruitBuyer, Sep 30, 2015.

1. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

Comic has been released on Comixology

The Scavengers are wandering around aimlessly playing juvenile games with each other to pass the time. Misfire is spending a large amount of time rehabilitating Grimlock, who is clearly suffering extreme PTSD. While the others spend a lot of time watching a Decepticon stand-up comedian. This monotonous lifestyle sets Krok off who laments how pointless their lives are.

They get a message from an old friend of Kroks, Demus, who is offering them a huge deal that would easily set them up for life; he wants Grimlock and is offering half a billion Shanix to each of them.

While the Scavengers are pondering what to do, to give him up or not, Demus is hunted down by the new Duly Appointed Officer of the Tyrest Accord, Fortress Maximus!

Discuss.

2. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I totally bought in to the idea that
    they were killing each other
    at first. Glad it wasn't real though.

Nice issue. I enjoyed seeing them again. Loved the idea of
    Skullcruncher
    as a stand up comedian.

Cool reveal at the end, happy to see him again. That last page looked really nice too.

3. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

Nice to know that the decepticons have their own version of Facebook. Was the Dart Game something reminiscent of the paintball gag in Community? The movie homage was great to see! I remember something similar was also done in Autocracy as well.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    Liked the issue..again a step up compared to the last one, but...

Every single line is a quip. Urgh... :( 

(Loved the Ark crash parody by the way!)

5. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Its kinda annoying plus not that funny either....

6. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    It was nice to see a movie quote played with instead of just used verbatim.

7. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Last page. Was not expecting that at all.

Also: 4 hours later. LOL!

8. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know why this isn't out on the madefire app? They've got the not rid comic issue 45 up.

9. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

Also
    max
    is back!!!!!!!

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    So the verdict: worth the pickup?

11. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

Yes but then again just having Grimlock back is good enough for me.

12. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah, what gives?

13. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Well-Known Member

Does this mean Tyrest is back in action and the active cause of Fort Max's new title???
    I haven't reread or skimmed recently enough to remember if its been addressed how that appointment would get divvied out in the event of an AWOL appointer.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    He was officially appointed in the prose story following Remain in Light by Rodimus.

15. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's good.

Bit too meta again with the humour but with this lot it doesn’t distract. Some really great scenes. I enjoyed the rip on Infiltration. Misfire and Grimlock, that was painful. A bit too human but I will take it. Wasn't meant to be nice. I hope we are going to get some closure on Grimlock's condition now. For better or worse for the guy.

Also it's clear Starscream is painting a far better picture of a postwar Cybertron outwardly than the actual reality as Krok is jealous as hell of fuck all. Although for these guys fuck all is probably something to aspire to. They're a bunch of bored lost and directionless plebs who don't fit anywhere.

The ending was a bit abrupt, but good to see him doing his job and again, potential now for Grimlock to get treated.

16. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Its another "humorous" issue but a step up from what has been

17. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    It's good, but only feels like half an issue. Not that much of it is wasted per say, but it feels like it ended just before a commercial break rather than the credits. Still, things move forward. So yeah. The absolute worst thing about this issue is Krok using the word "trolling". Otherwise I've nothing to complain about, plenty of good lines, plenty of good stuff.

It's not really 'meta', it's just that some of the language used veers towards the kind of stuff only the Lost Light or Earth should know about. It disappears completely once things get serious, though.

As a whole it's better than the past three or four issues, but whether it will stand depends on how the next issue turns out, since this is only one half of the full story.

18. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Felt a bit brief, but I really enjoyed it. The cascade of meta-humor is still present, but it fits the Scavengers much better, and I feel like there's enough happening to justify it. A lot of useful world-building and development for the Scavengers, too. I'd say it's the best issue we've gotten in a while, but I've also enjoyed the last few issues.

My favorite part of this issue was how it looked at post-war Decepticons. Over in not-RID, we've really just seen the Cons who still want the war to go on, like Needlenose and his lot. Here we see some that are content to make a new life after the war, like Skullcruncher and Demus. I also really like the idea of a Decepticon social media site (which would be a lot harder to accept if we didn't already have an Autobot Wikipedia).

Also, I guess we're seeing what happens when you
    appoint a tortured ex-prison warden with PTSD and a massive hatred of Decepticons to be a galactic peacekeeper. He blows perpetrators' heads off.

19. levyshahar

levyshahar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great issue! The best in a long time.

A few of notes:
    - Wasn't skullcruncher killed by thunderwing?
    - (do you think they took notes from skullcruncher being a comedian from the third party toy (toyworld swamper) which has a big smile on his face?)
    - when they wrote "previously" - did we actually see any of this stuff before?

20. Reask

Reask Predacon

I loved the humor in this one, it was outrageous.
    Quoting from the movie, 4 hours later, the characters acting like asses as always
    all good to read. I feel as if I should have reread Remain in Light because I don't remember the last time I saw
    Fort Max
    but it's nice to see him back here.

I was genuinely disappointed
    that they started killing each other but was really laughing hard when I saw them just fooling around. When it comes to Grimlock, it's like he's a cute puppy now. :)  I was also genuinely terrified on the second last panel of seeing Tyrest's badge and believing he was back, I know he'll be back one day but it was reliving just to see Max show up instead.

Is it worth picking up? Yes. Just as long as you're caught up with the series because the ending would be a better surprise. It's not as good as the last two issues but it's still really solid. It is very, VERY humorous, but that's one of many reasons why I love MTMTE. I also picked up #45 of ex-RID too which, was okay, raised the stakes more, but again I feel as if I should have reread previous titles because this one didn't work well as a standalone.