Mtmte 41

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Wheeljack_Prime, May 27, 2015.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Alright just read this issue.

Honestly, it's my least favorite so far, though as always, it's a sentiment that could change up further reading or in light of what comes next. Honestly felt like the most "all setup, no payoff" issue yet (seriously, the covers for #42 could just as easily apply to this issue), and the first time that I really thought "That's it?" upon finishing it. James usually packs 40 pages of story into 20 pages, but this time it felt like...well Costa.

2. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm feeling the loss of those 2 pages, but the issue didn't disappoint. From the point when you realise something else is going on, you're back into strong MTMTE territory. Prior to that, I felt a bit awkward spending time with Nautica (maybe that was the intention?) because we rarely get that type of following a character around randomly talking to others, unless it's a spotlight type issue and then there's some revelation for the character at the end (which didn't happen). I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Bottom line = I like Nautica, but her air-time felt forced.

So many other good things though. Ravage! Megatron is out of his isolation, loads of new characters, a female first officer, lesbian couples, the first Amica Endura relationship, aliens, a new map, Achieving Something (TM), Minimus walking around with no armour some more.

Is there something different with Milne's art this issue? Lines not as crisp as usual maybe? I couldn't put my finger on it. We urgently need more huge space shots so Joanna can NAIL them (bit of LL flying by planet was WOW).

There was more, I'm sure, but work time!

PS: I like Community S04

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I liked this issue very much, but it felt like it was only in the middle when it suddenly ended :( 

4. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    I got a kick out of the Bomp brothers hitting on Firestar

And naughty Nautica is gonna come back and bite us in the ass, Tumblr wise...oh yes

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Tumblr.. do people use that? To me it's like Twitter. So useless that I don't even have any feelings for it, while I totally hate Facebook.

6. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    Oh look...one who does not know...oh...oh bless your innocence.

7. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Shh, don't tell him. Let him keep it.

8. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bet Milne loved drawing that double page spread panel.

So go on then, who are all the bots in it?

9. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Yesss... This issue shall be very fruitious on Tumblr. It shall be...

Quick, to the Googlemobile!

10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a lovely shot of Ravage later in the issue springing out on Nightbeat and Getaway that makes him look just like BW TMII Tripredicus Agent.

And fab to see four of the Protectobots on the dance floor together. Their presence, and Mirage in the big panel, dates it before Combiner Wars

11. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

Yo what's wrong with tumblr?

12. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Honestly, nothing that you don't find in other fan communities. I think the only major difference is that Tumblr probably attracts more female users and has a SJ(social justice) slant to it and I think that's a good thing. Sadly a few bad apples have given given that image a bad name. Using SJ as an excuse to be dicks to people.

I know a lot of people who will be very happy with the inclusion of an lesbian couple~

And I agree that this issue came across as a bit 'plain'. It's the first issue of a new story arc so I think it suffers a little because of that, but even an average issue of MTMTE is still an enjoyable read. Lots of cute/fun character moments. More world building. Hints of something creepy and sinister on the horizon. And dancing robots!

13. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    oh nothing's wrong with it in the least. I always found Tumblr great fun. It's just going to have a lot of fun with the nickname "Naughty Nautica"

14. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I get the impression Nautica tries to think bigger than those she surrounds herself with and somehow always ends up feeling smaller as they constantly eclipse her. Her catchup with Firestar was uncomfortable in a very relatable way.

Who's the big fella on the far left of the foreground of the LL crowd scene? Is he Zone or original? Possibly a member of the Circle of Light?

Also yay for the return of monster in space horror, a self contained but pushing the story forward kind of tale and more Ravage.

15. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fan-fiction/art pretty much makes itself.

16. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    I want stuff of firestar walking in and Nautica's just drawn all over the walls or something.

17. Megastar

News Credits:
    We'd be lucky if it was that safe.

18. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    That's why its funny :D  Naughty Nautica translates into her being a rebellious college student who broke your stuff and threw up in your bed.

Something I find interesting is the amount of focus on the unseen lesbian couple. I'm not sure why this is so noteworthy, as we've already got a married homosexual couple in the main cast. I'm more intrigued by the fact we've got the first evidence of hetero-flirting (which is easily explained by TFs not considering gender in relationships but I still think its nice to just include it casually).

19. kage28

kage28 Active Member

Firestar's kinda fishy.

1st she says "Shout when you are finished". Weird choice of words. We normally say "shout when you are done"

The we know Getaway and Skids had tried to get close to her, and they are both afflicted with the whatever-they-are

20. Megastar

News Credits:
    Nautica is the naughty party girl who nobody makes eye contact in the morning, lol.