MTMTE #40 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Kaijumaster, Apr 28, 2015.

1. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

On the flip side, I suspect them being flat out bad and in need of being stopped may itself be a bit cliche.

So... I'm expecting somewhere in the middle. Or something I don't see coming.

2. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    I totally suspect they will find the Knights. They're just won't have any grand explanations to help the Rod and co.

3. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Honestly I think the Knights will turn out to be either the remaining Primes from the original 13 or just another colony world with regular Joetrons and Janetrons. Since the original story of the Knights was co-opted into the lost colony story line in Not-RID and Windblade with whole mass Titan exodus.

4. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Except it hasn't? No one's said they were the same exodus, there's been no co-opting of any kind. Roberts has said the Knights of Cybertron and their leaving came before the 13.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah I would prefer if it was in the middle.

I think this is probably what will happen, the whole point of the series is the journey not the destination.

I could dig that.

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm hoping for something out-of-the-box when Rodimus and Crew find the Knights. I don't want a Deus Ex Machina in which they come to Cybertron and fix everything (kind of like the ending of Regeneration One). I don't want a twist where they're evil, either, which would be kind of like a repeat of Pharma and Tyrest.

Roberts has consistently made my jaw drop at surprise and natural, organic story events (and not random shocking events), and so I know he has a better grasp on telling a good Transformer story than I do.

I would prefer that finding the Knights is an event similar to the end of the Autobot-Decepticon war we saw at the end of Costa's Ongoing. As opposed to a "Yay, everything's fixed now!" it becomes more like, "Great, NOW what do we do?"

Maybe Rodimus and Crew meet the Knights. Maybe the Knights are able to help...somewhat...but not in a way that achieves an everlasting utopia. I'm just making this up, maybe it's something like the end of death by natural causes (so people like Tailgate wouldn't have to fear death from cybercrosis ever again, and T-cogs wouldn't wear down with use). You know, something helpful, but not something that kills the potential for more stories.

Whatever solution the Knights supply, maybe Rodimus applies it and improves Cybertronian life...somewhat. Maybe after that, Rodimus admits that finding the Knights was really just an excuse to have a quest, because, really, that's really what it's been the whole time. Maybe then he continues going on random quests throughout the galaxy. Like a trek. Among the stars. With an ongoing mission, perhaps to find new life forms. A galaxy quest, if you will. ;) 

7. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Whatever they find will ultimately be disappointing for Rodimus and Drift, I think. Their society will either be not that different from Cybertron's, or so different that they can't do anything to help anymore (maybe they all asceneded to a higher plane like the spark that talked to Skids).

8. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    That would have to be the perfect way to end this saga.

9. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I wonder if the other timer machine (the one from RID 7) will make a reappearance.

10. Uniclonus

Uniclonus Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that got sucked up in the Shockwave singularity at the end of Dark Cybertron

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

MTMTE Swerve is basically an Autobot Swindle.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Swerve at least has some sense of self-criticism like he showed in the Annual.

13. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Well, as much as I dislike Swerve as a person (but story-wise he's a great character), I don't think he's as willing to get people maimed or killed for his own profit as Swindle is.
    He's just a jerk.

14. snavej

snavej Zone 6 dweller, off-peak traveller

News Credits:
    Perceptor didn't create an infinite series of parallel universes because they have always existed. Infinity is eternal and omnipresent. However, he has created or discovered a new gateway into those universes.

Megatron has been shown to be weary of his current life and universe. I guess that he would welcome a gateway into a different life and universe. He might somehow exploit the DJD's special power to propel him through that gateway.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  15. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Swerve isn't an arms dealer at all. He's a fast talker but he lacks the confidence and self-assurance that Swindle has.

16. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Swerve is a jerk and bartender, after all he saved lives while swindling people with water down energon after Brainstorm poison it. I know Bartenders that water down their drinks.

17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

That's why I said "Autobot" Swindle. I haven't fallen over the moral relativism cliff that comics keep trying to push their readers over. Swerve is a talker and a schemer but he does so within the boundaries of the good guys. That he and Swindle both bend the rules is what puts them among the more interesting characters in my book.

18. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry, I don't see Swerve as an Autobot Swindle at all. Not even close.

He didn't make some scheme to create a sequence of events to run a bar to fleece people of their hard earnt Shanix. He stumbled across a bar and managed to claim it because of a delusional fantasy that he had about being a friend to a big shot racing driver because he's a desperately lonely loser, and a pub landlord is a great job for someone like that, because people have to talk to you, they have to interact whatever they think of you because they'll want their hooch. Especially when you're the only game in town. Just look how quickly people upped sticks to Mirage's bar as soon as he opened it. Losing the people giving him attention would have hurt Swerve a lot more than losing their money.

Being the centre point of a daily public gathering would have been much more of a draw to him than earning some quick bucks, but watering down the booze would be a nice way to ensure that you earn a few more bucks as well as keeping people around for longer.

19. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I think what happened was the Reflectors 'stole' it, ended up in the past, yadda yadda, Spotlight Wheelie / RiD 10. So it's probably gone.

20. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Bingo.

I'm actually saddened everyone (fandom) turned on Swerve as of this issue, though that's because I relate with Swerve too much.