MTMTE #38 Discussion *Spoilers, obv*

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by grindcore138, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    From that interview, it seems more like there were directions suggested that Roberts didn't like but didn't make it to the final stage anyway. Nothing in that interview suggests to me that these things made it through and the last sentence seems to confirm that.

2. Rael

Rael Shameless Armada Fan

That's why I never said anywhere that James didn't like where things ended up--if it came off that way, that wasn't my intention. I'd had more of an impression in the beginning that they'd had less of a say, but now with the clarification I'm just saying that new things were decided at that point, and it wasn't just him in charge of the story's direction. The faction change happened, and I think James has handled Megatron's character pretty well going forward.

3. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    It's gonna take a little getting used to for me, how IDW Soundwave puts his loyalty for the Deception Movement before his loyalty to Megatron (not that too many other Soundwaves have had to make that distinction). It is interesting though, how IDW Megatron isn't as much the heart and soul of the Cause as in some other franchises.

4. Rael

Rael Shameless Armada Fan

Yeah, Megatron's faction shift took both his and Soundwave's characters out of their comfort zones and into some interesting directions. I'll admit it took me some adjusting as well, but now I'm enjoying seeing Soundwave branch out a little and take a bit more initiative. Really interested in seeing how things eventually come to a head between him and Galvatron.

Getting back to #38, I'm glad that we're still getting little reminders that Ravage is around and interacting with Megatron--and that there's still a connection between Megatron and Soundwave, even if they're not having any direct interaction for the time being.

5. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Interestingly, a lot of cons very much treat him as though he is- Soundwave, Tarn, even Starscream-... up until things change, and he isn't anymore.

Starscream and Bumblebee changed the game, and normally when the game changes, Megatron points the cause back on course. But this time, he stumbled and changed with the game.