MTMTE #38 Discussion *Spoilers, obv*

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by grindcore138, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Based on who activated the hotspot, like his daddy, Rodimus ^^

2. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Oh I remember what else I wanted to add. (in case nobody else noticed)

That Janitor that was granted Elite status? Was named Sweep.

Perhaps there will be many more in his honor?

Or perhaps he is the first?

3. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Not sure where else to post this, but:

[​IMG]

Tailgate confirmed as meme-loving trash.

4. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

I also mentioned that he was similarly colored to the Sweeps.

At least it liked that to me. Probably not a coincidence.

5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    True. And Decepticons make their insignia from their own spark casing.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Holy shit Tailgate is me. :lol 

and I thought Swerve was me as a robot.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Reading some of the older stuff and lining to this story makes me see how much Megatron has changed. Remember "If the world thinks you are a monster, it doens´t matter." line? Well Rewind see him as a monster, enough to kill him outright. The Megatron of old would not give two shits about it, but Megatron at the end of this issue was apparently really troubled by what Rewind did and said.

8. Dio

Dio Scrapper

Did my eyes deceive me or was there a Steelcore cameo outside Macaddam's?

9. MatrixBearer85

MatrixBearer85 Well-Known Member

now with the existence of Parallel / Infinite Universes after the events of this chapter, do you think its possible that the headmasters and beast machines are still alive?

10. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

I'm interested now to see how Megatron is. His character has grown on me IMMENSELY

11. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

no shit man. if somebody told me a few years ago they would make Megatron an autobot and I'd LOVE it I never would have believed them. Roberts is an extraordinary talent and I have to say his work on Megatron has in my opinion made him one of the most fully realized villains in pop culture history.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Indeed.

Hard to believe this character from the old cartoon who yelled retreat at the end of every episode....could have became character like this.

13. JasonPrime

Hah! You said it.

also, credit to IDW and Hasbro for being brave enough to let Roberts and friends do this.

14. Rael

Rael Shameless Armada Fan

What I find particularly impressive is that Megatron's allegiance turn was something he just had to accept and make adjustments for, with very little opportunity to set it up. He's made it clear from some things he's said that Hasbro was the one calling that shot, and IDW had to find a way to make it work. [Edit: Turns out it's a bit more complicated than that--see interview excerpt below.]

The fact that it seems organic enough that people question whether it was the plan or along (or assume that it was)--and that many are loving how it's been handled--shows that he rose to the challenge pretty damn well.

15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Megatron's taking the whole situation on stride, all things considered.

By the way Rael, I love that Soundwave group shot in your sig. Always my favorite character (IDW notwithstanding)

16. JasonPrime

No kidding? It was actually Hasbro's idea to make Megatron an Autobot? I could have sworn I read somewhere that Roberts and the IDW guys proposed it as part of the Dark Cybertron storyline and fully expected Hasbro to shoot the idea down so were surprised when Hasbro agreed. I guess this is erroneous info then?

If it was Hasbro's idea, even more ballsy of them, and Roberts did indeed do an outstanding job of rolling with it.

17. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Yes, I thought the same thing. I distinctly remember Roberts talking about a plot development he didn't think would be approved and then being happy that it was also included in a toy (I imagine the Autobot sticker in CW Megatron).

18. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

Same here. Roberts and Barber both said that one development in Dark Cybertron was particularly mind-blowing and they weren't sure Hasbro would approve. Then Hasbro rep came back and said, "Why don't we make the toy reflect this?" and their minds were blown.

19. JasonPrime

Cool. Unfortunately the decals they included are a bit lackluster. Come on reprolabels!

20. Rael

Rael Shameless Armada Fan

Thanks! Soundwave's my overall fave, too. I've found another place in my heart for IDW's current synesthetic Soundwave with his commune, and even with Sky Lynx and sassy Cosmos in the mix, he's what I look forward to most in each issue of ex-RiD. Putting him up against everyone in the MTMTE cast makes things a bit harder, but I think he'd still edge them out if James got to write him more (if he ends up writing an eventual Soundwave and Megatron reunion down the line, I will be a happy, happy comic reader).

Yeah, the situation could be more complex than my understanding of it, but I was definitely left with the impression that is was not his call. As we all know, he loves to start building up to things way in advance, and Autobot Megatron was 100% not something he planned for, and he's said that publicly. I'd heard Hasbro was behind the push, and I was pretty sure that was said publicly as well at a con, but perhaps it was more that Hasbro pushed for a massive paradigm shift in general and that's what they managed to came up with. Hmm.

Edit: Yep, I hadn't read this particular interview before, but this is capturing what I'm talking about, describing the meeting with Hasbro:

It's framed as more of a conversation than just being given specific directions, so they likely had some wiggle room, but it seems from the way they talk about it (and just knowing how the license works) that they weren't the ones holding most of the cards.

Regardless, James had to adjust course because of the Dark Cybertron meeting, and my praise of the result still stands. :D