MTMTE #38 Discussion *Spoilers, obv*

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by grindcore138, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Toolverine

Toolverine Well-Known Member

I wonder when the war between the functionalist universe and 'our' universe will happen. Is jR going to be around on IDW's book for much longer?

2. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

No end-point in sight, though I'd be surprised if there was a universe war anytime soon.

3. gregles

gregles quintesson

I guess the door is open for any Idw multi-continuity crossover should a writer choose to go down that route.

Rather than a full on universe crossover with the functionists reality I would rather if they are going to bring back functionism as a story point, maybe a rise in neo-functionists could be interesting who have witnessed the atrocities of the Decepticons technoism and cyber formatting planets recently and don't want to see the transformers become unfunctional as as a species living only to wipe other creatures out.

Just had a thought on multi-continuity crossover an animated/Idw one could be interesting with Optimus meeting a version of himself that stayed relatively low ranking and is never elevated to the status of celebrated and fabled Mary Sue war hero by standing against Megatron. Also a meeting of animated's original supreme leader ultra Magnus and idw's Ultra Magnus who's attempting to aspire to his preconceptions of the Ultra Magnus.

Had another thought they mentioned all these universes came from the case, it could be described that Rungs alt-mode looks like a key. Rungs alt mode opens the case destroying all the alternative realities and rung being the end of everything. Well maybe a bit silly and too abstract.

4. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I think it's kinda funny that Slaughterhouse went out of its way to say there are not parallel universes and now Elegant Chaos creates and confirms them.

5. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Bus is looong gone

6. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

But that was a continuation of Marvel's continuity not IDW's, even if published by IDW.

7. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    James said he intended Elgant Chaos to be the starting point for the multiverse. Retroactive crossover.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope James Roberts is around forever and outlives us all.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I just listened to the new transmission podcast, and was glad to see that they addressed the fact the supposed plot hole about two sparktypes being allowed to time travel rather than the one type #36 implied...and then I realized: doesn't that create a new plot hole by virtue of no one knowing anything about the POP from Luna 1?

10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    All I know is I want a Combiner Wars Legends Rung figure.

11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm what issue was that from?

12. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    Chaos Theory. 2009 Ongoing issue....23, 24?

13. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I don't think it does... indeed, I think it explains why there's two spark types: Brainstorm's and Megatron's, with Megatron not coming back anyway because he's both wanted at the time and the others do not trust him *that* much. Oh yea, and he didn't reveal his type in the present...

14. markerguru

markerguru tech master TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chaos Theory was issues 22 and 23 of the Costa ongoing series. This image is from issue 22 page 5 panel 2. :) 

15. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    It's like you drew the issue or something. :O

But yeah, it would be absolutely crazy to think that JR may have been planning this since the Ongoing.

16. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    He didn't, as such. He talks about it in the TransMissions interview.

17. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Not sure how well that'd go for the functionalists actually. They won't have been ravaged by the 4 million year war, but at the same time there are a lot of battle hardened Autobot and Decepticon veterans, lots of weapons tech that has been developed, oh and of course not purging large parts of their population the moment they become mildly inconvienent.

18. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Additionally, they seem more biased to small bots, about half their pop, while car-sized is the norm for our cybertron and cassettes are a minority.

They do have their whole primal vanguard, half a million bots, so they are not without experienced military, and their total pop is bigger. Even so, I expect their Primal Vanguard to be relatively.... soft next to Decepticons and those who fight Decepticons. The job of the Vanguard is to fight squishies after all, they were forced into a treaty by Black Box, and the most troublesome would still be eliminated by their bosses.

Bet there's little to no beast formers, who tend to be good in a fight...

I imagine teams like the Stunticons would clean house, let alone the Dinobots and Wreckers.

No Combiners, probably few of the PoPs since a lot of them were online and troublesome already when the Functionists took over... no Outliers.

19. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Now I'm wondering what would happen if the POP in Megatron is nurtured into its own full form? Will it be so different from Megatron we know? What shape will it take? As big as Roller or bigger? Tank? Guns? Submarine-Bat? Or looks like Optimus Prime?

20. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

God I can't wade though 16 pages.

My theory on why Brainstorm was a Decepticon is he was a flier.
    At some point in Cybertronian history (Functionist years) flyers got grouped together.

This is a bit of an older concept, since the Autobot=cars / Decepticons=Military weapons/vehicles thing is out dated.

But then that doesn't hold water because his "mark" is hand painted inside his mask. He doesn't have (that we've seen yet) any kind of Decepticon badge. This is from a race that changes forms and looks from *ahem* (one artist to another) *cough* time to time. Yet his Decepticon sigil is hand painted inside his mask? It doesn't hold water.