MTMTE #38 Discussion *Spoilers, obv*

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by grindcore138, Mar 3, 2015.

1. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I really need to find out what happens. I'm getting increasingly concerned for Megatron. For those who read it and had to guess, would you say Autobot Megatron has maybe has some time before he's going anywhere now? His "arc" isn't anywhere near done right? It's just that I had this thought... The DJD are next issue, with the comment of the results "not pretty", and I noticed Megatron is not on any future covers for the foreseeable future, and is never mentioned in any of those upcoming descriptions. Is there a chance Megatron could be offed by the DJD next issue?

Granted, that's discussion for next issue speculation, but I'm really wondering if there is any hints to something happening. Like, for example, the Lost Light finally warming up to Megatron.

2. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

Good thing we only have to wait a week to find out...

3. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

too much other stuff going on. megatron's arc doesn't appear to be anywhere near done, not by a longshot. that's what excites me about this issue. it ties together --- well this entire arc --- so many things, that suddenly the MtMtE plate is CLEAN. and it's going forward that is exciting. lots of characters to explore, lots of ideas... we need two MtMtE ongoings. or more spotlights featuring Lost Lighters. =)

4. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Wait, the DJD issue is seriously coming out next week to make up for the delays, really? Oh finally! That'd be fabulous!

Thanks a lot, that's definitely reassuring.

5. God Ginrai

Yeah the DJD issue comes out March 11th

6. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Oh, thanks a lot, I didn't know! I was really hoping they would get back on track soon.

After the DJD issue I feel like MTMTE can almost take a breather... except that tension will most likely switch over to Combiner Wars...

7. God Ginrai

Can't wait to see Megs kick Tarn's ass in an epic battle and get his fusion cannon back (at least that's what I think is gonna happen. I recall Alex Milne saying Megatron is gonna get his cannon back eventually)

8. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Now you all make me super curious.

9. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Tarn has Megatron's fusion cannon? Whaaaaaaaaaaa.

I really need to finally buy all the trades and re-read *everything* in one go.

10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    No, he doesn't die.

When Brainstorm can't bring himself to murder someone, Rewind takes the initiative and kills Megatron himself, saying that the future that happens without Megatron is absolutely awful for Cybertrons, but far, far better for every other planet. Rewind decides he's prepared to sacrifice Cybertronians in order to save the billions of non-Cybertronian lives that were killed during the war. Autobot Megatron hears all this and is pretty clearly effected by it, although he says nothing. At the end of the issue he's staring at his Rodimus award, clearly depressed. His character arc is moving forward, I highly doubt he'd be killed off.
    Megatron is saved by Whirl, who takes Brainstorm's 0.1%er Spark and plants it inside Megs, just as most of us predicted. Whirl refuses to let the Functionists win.

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spoiler-iffic commentary about the biggest spoiler/surprise of the book for me and what it means for Megatron going forward:

I think it's going to be pretty significant that after saving his life and generally being pretty compassionate toward him, Megatron still hears Rewind trying to kill him and for damn good reasons too!

He's got a hell of a long way to go to make up for how much better the universe would be if he'd never existed. There's basically empirical evidence that he shouldn't have ever been born.

12. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Wait, I'm confused. Doesn't that essentially make Megatron really Brainstorm? What? I thought a Transformers essence was in their spark, hence how Megatron can switch bodies. I feel like I'm missing something, because then wouldn't that be Brainstorm in a new body?

13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    The 0.1% spark that Brainstorm had wasn't his original spark, it was the one he harvested from Luna 1 during the Remain in Light arc from the first season. Prior to that, Brainstorm didn't possess a spark, due to Dead Universe exposure.

14. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Megatron is the spark Brainstorm harvested in Remain in Light. These time travel events were always meant to happen.

15. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Brainstorm lost his spark to the Dead Universe. The green spark is the one he picked up on Luna 1.

16. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):

Oh! My mistake, I misread. Okay, that makes much more sense, sorry.

But a POP spark in a CC body? Huh, I guess that would explain why Megatron has such ease switching bodies.

17. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Consider Mind Blown!

I can see it now, the crossover to kill all crossover: MEGATRON VERSUS GALVATRON, because Galvatron kills Rewind!

18. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Nah, he doesn't. He just has a fusion cannon *like* Megatron's because he models himself off of Megatron.

19. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I'm not even sure it's very similar to Megatron's aside from the fact that it's the same type of weapon. Tarn's version, for starters, has two barrels.

20. Spumoni Dingo

Spumoni Dingo GPN Official Spotter

News Credits:
    So Rung turns into
    some horrifying, eldritch, world-destroying artifact.
    Swerve used it as a bludgeon. Typical. "This ring isn't a cudgel, you barbarian!"