MTMTE 34 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Digilaut, Oct 28, 2014.

1. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if the Lost Light find the DJD next few issues or has to go hunting for them. I am guessing this Rewind is not the same mech where he is kind one. I think he is much tougher or meaner I suspect Tarn would never let him live without good reason. It doesn't fit Tarn profile of being an intellectual killer.

2. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

Completely random (and a bit stupid) theory: This Rewind survived the quantum thing for a single reason...He isn't the original. When I say this, I mean that somehow, another disposable class with Rewind's body type ended up on the LLII post launch, and the original LLII Rewind was killed, leaving behind recordings. Rather than lose Rewind, and with this second bot with Rewinds's body type, Chromedome somehow covertly used his mnemosurgery skills to first REPLACE THIS GUYS MEMORIES WITH REWIND'S and then erase his own memories of doing so after detailing this "Rewind" to look similar. There'd be some gaps, but since everyone would have seen the real Rewind exploding or whatever, people would assume the memory glitches were an after effect. Later in the series, this "Rewind" ends up starting to regain his original memories, causing Chromedome to once again lose Rewind...just in a different, honestly more terrible, way.

Or worse: this bot with the similar body type was a DECEPTICON the DJD brought on board. The data slug was Rewind's, as well as the camera, taken post mortem. The Decepticon then used an... electric paint job, I believe it's called, to disguise itself and wait for the rescue party. This "Rewind" painted the Decepticon symbol in Brainstorm's facemask. It's only a matter of time until he starts taking Autobots down.

3. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

I've noticed people tend to take a while (sometimes hours or days) to respond to my posts. I assume that this is because what I say is so shockingly logical and intelligent that it takes a significant amount of time for others to process the information.

So...anyone else have theories on why Rewind survived the quantum distortion, or how the DJD will react to the Towards Peace revised edition?

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

The exact mechanics end up being pretty convoluted, but I'm more or less of the same opinion. My suspicion is that this isn't really Rewind. Too many little clues.

What exactly had to happen behind the scenes for that to be the case, I have no idea. I can wait and find out. :) 

zmog

5. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I am kind of leaning this way myself. Previews are not going be out until next week at least.

6. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been thinking along these lines too. It was 33's cover that did it. It would also give weight to the 'unreliable narrator' theory I have percolating around my head as regards to the oh so horrific tales of the DJD in action.

The only time we've seen them in action has been against the Scavengers. And they were fucking shit at it, all things considered. We don't know how they brought down Black Shadow cos we didn't see it, we don't know how they got onto The Lost Light cos we didn't see it and the only accounts we have of their exploits are from Shut The Hell Up and a potential enemy within. I'm not saying they're not hardass pyschos but their reputation precedes them. I didn't drink eight cans of Kestrel Super in an hour when I was 15 but it became legend around the school yard pretty damn quick (it was 3 cans of Carling. Me so tough).

Big fat HMMMMM.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  7. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Napalm I am not going to count the Scavengers incident supposedly they suck at being Decepticons or better terms warriors in general. We were tease here and there. Of only thing we seen DJD is kill Trailcutter and torment the Bluesteak, Mainframe and First Aid. That was not even Tarn it was Kaon and Vos. That was no actual fighting.

8. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^^ All the more reason to count it if you ask me. Compare what we actually witnessed in issue 8 against the hardcore horrors and jumpy uppy flippy shooty maelstrom of kill frenzy that Rewind recanted. Where was all that?

I'll be wrong, I always am but it just doesn't add up.

9. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I am going say you are on to something. If they did that to Lost Light the should had wiped the floor with the Scavengers.

10. battlefudge

battlefudge Well-Known Member

You guys are right, but against the scavengers the DJD needed to be less ferocious for the sake of the story. If the Lost Light massacre DJD had showed up, the issue would have been 1 page, perhaps 3 panels long. I suspect that the truth will be somewhere between. Remember in Spotlight Metroplex when Sixshot failed to kill any of the throttlebots before getting squished? Up until that point Sixshot had been built up as far more powerful, then when the story required him to be restrained in power he was. Same will be with the DJD. They are going to be better as a ghost story than tangible characters.

Rewind I think is going to be an unwitting double agent, and probably the key to the final showdown between Megatron and the DJD.

Of course the writers have been vague enough with Rewind that they can just let him be a replacement and carry on from there. They may be keeping this as an option as they have a lot of threads going at once.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's a very good point.

12. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Formerly known as Krem

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I didn't interpret the DJD's fight with the Scavengers as being anything resembling actual effort for the DJD. It looked more to me like they were toying with the Scavengers, allowing the fight to last longer than two seconds because it's just more fun that way.

Look at the fight page-by-page:

Grimlock catches them by surprise for three panels. He is then downed on the next page. The Scavengers attempt to flee, but Helex stops them by frowning at them. Cut to Lost Light.

One page later, cut back to Clemency and every single Scavenger is already incapacitated excepting a concealed Fulcrum and a uselessly-firing Spinster, who seems to have run far enough away that the other DJD members are too busy with one Scavenger each to care to follow him just yet. Tarn is talking to Grimlock. Tesarus kills Flywheels right off the bat.

Vos lets go of Misfire to join Kaon in playing with Krok. Misfire shoots at (and misses) Kaon, who doesn't care at all, and merely sends the Pet to scare Misfire while he talks creepily.

Helex has apparently been throwing Crankcase around, and throws him towards Mighty Mega Puncher.

Tarn is still talking to Grimlock when Mighty Mega Puncher catches Tarn, Tesarus, and Helex by surprise for a few seconds before being rendered inert by an unfazed Kaon.

Fulcrum gives his speech and the DJD flee from a bomb with an unknown-but-presumably-large blast radius. Tarn is disappointed in the smallness of the boom, and they leave because there are more interesting fish to fry. They gave up because they got bored.

All that really looks like it maybe took up all of five minutes plus Fulcrum's speech. The DJD left with nothing more than a few scratches from Grimlock and Mighty Mega Puncher; Tarn felt the worst of those, and he doesn't act remotely injured.​

It really looks like the DJD only took their time with the Scavengers because they could. I don't find it difficult to believe that these guys took on the entire Lost Light crew and won. If they spent their time actually fighting instead of being scary, they'd win, and they'd still have time to be scary.

13. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Yup.

Also to note that Fulcrum was their main target until the rest of the Scavengers decided to side with him, seeing him burning in the ground, I can guess that Tarn just assumed Fulcrum had died and decided to move on. As you said, bigger fish to fry. Besides, Krok and Crankcase could have very well been dead, and Spinister and Misfire were basically pests at the side.

I can understand why some would wonder why they even bothered in the first place, though it's a little weird when people mis-remember the Scavengers 'beating' them.

14. tbx76

tbx76 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. They were toyed with. The reason people don't remember correctly? I blame information creep.

15. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

I'd also wager that Grimlock is more powerful than anyone on the Lost Light, both previous and current incarnations. Megatron is dwindling with the weakening energon and fickle body, Fort Max is just below a Point One Percenter and Ultra Magnus relies on a built body to be so strong; he's not a natural like Optimus.

16. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Not in this Universe maybe Shatter Glass is when the Scavengers have a chance of beating the DJD. If Overlord signature didn't come up when it did the Scavengers will be dead after the DJD got bored toying with them

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

It's clear the Scavengers got off easy, and put up a fight that sort of surprised the DJD.

But the fact remains that the story goes out of its way to characterize the Scavengers as the most useless guys ever, and then proceeds to have them win a moral victory over the DJD.

When I say "moral victory", I of course mean that by hook, crook, or dumb luck... they survived. Well, most of them. But that's still saying a lot under the circumstances.

zmog

18. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Agreed. The whole fight was just to kill time while they located Overlord. If Tarn had pulled insane moves like the one from Rewinds recording of the DJD's slaughter of the LLII, the whole battle would likely have lasted less than a minute.

Like you said, they were the most useless Decepticons. They're not a threat to Megatron or the 'Cons. They were in the middle of nowhere and cut off from all the other 'Cons, so it wouldn't have spread word that it's possible to escape the DJD. Plus, as Coffee said, for they knew, the target they originally came to kill was dead. The probably just couldn't be bothered making sure when there's a ship filled with two or three hundred Autobots that they could be slaughtering.

19. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I would say they are not a threat to the Autobots or the NAILS. I can see Megatron rolling his optics when he sees them. I get the feeling that they will be a test for Megatron. It almost makes want to hear what Ravage has to say about them it can't be any worse what he said about Riptide.

20. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    The real question is, why does Tarn hate Grimlock so much.