MTMTE 34 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Digilaut, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    Out on iBooks, at least over here.

Not sure what to think yet, overall nice issue with some big stuff, and yet I feel MTMTE is slowly dwindling. Maybe.

Some spoilers:
    -We meet Megatron's mentor, Terminus. He's an old mining bot.
    -Megatron gets shadowplayes by Trepan, but the procedure is interrupted because of the arrival of...Rung! Implication seems that it had no permanent effects.
    -The scorched bot in the present is indeed Vos of the DJD...and he's not alone in the room.
    -Trailbreaker uses his previously installes leg-guns to fight a revived Vos, but ends up trapped with Kaon inside his own forcefield.
    -Trailbreaker gets super-murdered. :(  Head and spine removed from body, then brain removed from head...very nasty.
    -In the past, the mine Megatron gets evacuated as it's going to blow up, but the anomaly turns out to be...Brainstorm from the present?!

And now another month of waiting begins.

2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Thanks for posting some interesting notes.

I'm "really" looking forward to this issue now. Poor Trailcutter. :(  Can't wait to see what Terminus looks like, and.... Brainstorm!?

I'm very curious to see how Vos and Kaon ended up on Ofsted.

3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Not out on comixology yet. It's already 1:05... :( 

4. steamsixliner

steamsixliner Well-Known Member

It's out on IBooks.

While dramatic (and traumatic in Trailcutter's case) the issue felt like set up for something else. We got to see that the DJD are evil, that Megatron wasn't evil to begin with and that Brainstorm is up to something. In other words, nothing new. Still, it makes the next four weeks insufferable while we wait for the next issue to come out, so I guess it did what it was supposed to.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Damn, not out on Ibooks for me, or comixology.

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Wrote an email to comixology. Asking why it's not out yet, but on IBooks. I cannot go to bed and a new issue of mtmte might be available while I sleep. What time is it usually out on Wednesdays?

7. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It's only out in iBooks for some parts of the world, though; Comixology ain't got any obligation to put it up a day early because of that.

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    But we even have extra comixology.EU, so they could at least adjust the site to the time zone as well. It's Wednesday since two hours now. And maybe they will do in the future because of requests. Maybe they did not think of it yet.

9. MegaRoadbuster

MegaRoadbuster Well-Known Member

Surely you can't mean that one issue that you are so so on was enough to make you think MTMTE is dwindling. Which means you must think it was dwindling before.

Don't take this the wrong way, but how in the hell?

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Several previous issues have kind of given off the feeling that MTMTE is dwindling.

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Damn, last week I got an email at 8:30 that my subscribed comics were available. Think I can go to bed then as well. :( 

12. MegaRoadbuster

I've gathered that, but I'm looking for detailed assessments here.

Why is it dwindling? Its not dwindling to me.

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    For me? It's getting a little to into-itself. Issues primarily dominated by heavy exposition and lengthy dialogues to convey a point far simpler than the text they're delivered with. Nautica and Riptide feel like utterly pointless additions, and really overall with the established characters taking a backseat to new arrrivals, it's just not as super-incredible-engaging like it used to be.

Not bad at all, just not as good. The alternate LL issue felt kind of like wasted time, and made no real sense and all flet like and elaborate setup to show some shock imagery off all our favourite characters dead and undo a pointless death from season 1.

14. MegaRoadbuster

I disagree, but that's fair.

Do take into account that the last story wasn't just used to undo a death, but to set up the rest of the season. I thought it was quite clever, not the idea itself(which was cool), but that Roberts used a big idea to tell a small story in order to set up the rest of the seasons big stories.

Roberts is using a slow burn method. Establishing a new characters, working Megatron into the story, and setting up stuff. Not very easy work.

If you dislike it now, I think you'll change your mind in the upcoming issues once all is established.

15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I think we cannot judge anything until the season is over and the story played out. Before that we know only fragments. That would be like rating games on previews.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    But at the same time, it shouldn't be so slow it's boring. Basically, ever since MTMTE came back it's done a lot of talking without actually saying as much as it usually does.

That's not how comics work.

If we weren't meant to form opinions on a book unti it was finished, it wouldn't be released in issues a month apart. Each issue should have enough going on so that we can still be entertained month-to-month enough to keep reading.

17. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    But that's not how mtmte is written. They issues are mostly self contained, but only in retrospect you know what was important. It would actually benefit from being released only as tpbs.

18. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Noooooo, I'm pretty sure Roberts very much does write each issue to try to stand on its own.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    But that's just it, it's not released only as tpbs.

Don't write a movie and chop it into a TV show. And that's just it, each issue is less and less entertaining.

He does. And technically he succeeds, but he's set a high standard for himslef that he's not been reaching.

But even MTMTE's worst issue is better than most current comics' best. It's okay to like a series and not defend every mis-step it has.

20. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Got a reply. Still dunno when it will be out :lol