MTMTE 33 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by payres, Sep 17, 2014.

1. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe our Red Alert summoned the DJD, they just went to the wrong Lost Light! Maybe that's why Red took himself out so he wouldn't be around when the DJD came knocking.

2. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

What I was thinking.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    No, they followed Overlord's signature to the other Lost Light. That's what signaled them.

4. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh right someone disabled the slow cell that was masking it my bad.

5. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It also explains why the Lost Light we are familiar with never met with DJD.

6. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Brainstorm IS high profile. He's (in)famous and was the leading weapons designer on Kimia which gave him access to all the prototypes that both he and his colleagues created. That's just as important as any military position when it comes to usefulness as a spy. No matter how you shake it, he's not low profile. At all.

7. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That makes his position and his high profile as a spy less likely for Brainstorm. If Brainstorm sold weapons to the Decepticons both physical and design he would be first person of interest because of his profile especially when he is only one with access to that particular data. If you want secret weapons turn the person under Brainstorm into the spy. Brainstorm's value as a spy is his weapon making ability at the expense of the Autobots in resources time, material, and energon. Brainstorm expose benefits no one especially the Decepticon because the access to new weapons research is gone.

I am saying someone is playing Brainstorm's ego aligning him to Decepticons but the real spy is someone around him that has access to weapon maker research. The scrutiny will reveal Brainstorm less savory secrets not the fact he is a spy to the Decepticons.

8. gregles

gregles quintesson

As much as I don't think he is the traitor nor want him to be, brainstorm would make sence in the fact that he develops weapons and maybe he saved his really special brutal stuff for the D.J.D. to truly let loose with. A weaponised voice really sounds like something that would come out of brainstorms playful production line of weapons.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It would be smart to be a closet Decepticon. That way both factions are on your side, raising your chances of surviving the war, and being able to invent whatever you want without either side meddling in your affairs.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    I did, I'm sure others have too. Was thinking sleeper agent as well, his injection marks in his neck have never been brought up again, and on our Lost Light Red Alert ripped off his own head, taking himself out of the equasion. :thumb 

11. Entropy

Entropy Fangirl

Personally, I'm wondering if Brainstorm's actions/apparent treachery can be traced back another one of Prowl's special projects. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been at least two instances where Brainstorm was involved with Prowl in a project if you count All Hail Megatron #15 and the Overlord business. Just a thought, but maybe he's working as a double agent for Prowl.

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Hmm, I don't know if that would make Prowl more awesome or Brainstorm less. I guess I only really have a problem with Prowl when he's the focus. Seriously, why did Barber think he'd be a great pick for the main character of RID. Roberts has the right tactic with having him rarely be seen but instead make events be the results of things he's done.

Speaking of working for someone, I wonder if Whirl attacking Megatron was on Brainstorm's request?

13. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot with all the parallel Lost Light shenanigans that there's a group trying to provoke Megatron! I wouldn't put it past Brainy to be part of that conclave.

14. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    And it would be totally logical too, considering Megatron may or may not be #1 on the List now. As the parallel Lost Light has shown, you wouldn't want the primary target of a well-trained team of ultraviolent super-powered homicidal maniacs aboard your ship, let alone captaining it.

15. BigTFTrev

BigTFTrev Well-Known Member

I'm wondering, especially given the Generations Brainstorm toy coming out, if since the Decepticon symbol is shown to be on the inside of the mouthplate if it turns out that Brainstorm is a headmaster. The original Brainstorm got his head knocked off and a Decepticon headmaster (Arcana maybe?) took its place to infiltrate the Autobot ranks. Possible I guess.

16. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

just got it today ...... this one is going to need many a re-read ....jebus murphy

17. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

hehehehe.

18. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

I've been reading all these theories and stuff... I was going to present a theory of my own, but then I became confused, with short intervals of horrible clarity.

The best conclusion I can come up with is that:
    a) because the Dead Universe infection occurred prior to the quantum jump, both Brainstorms were affected
    b) the bots who went into the Dead Universe couldn't come out of the other Brainstorm because he was dead
    c) Only our LL had Brainstorm get the POP spark
    d) If Brainstorm put the POP spark in his chest, how did he not notice the Dead Universe Portal? The only explanation is that he didn't open his chest to put it in...but if that's true, where would he put it? The answer: His head, because it was already modified at a previous time to be compatible with a spark, because Brainstorm always intended for a spark to be placed in there...but had originally planned to move his own spark from his chest to his head (why, I don't know, but probably intended for his head to be able to transform into a robot so he could escape bad situations more easily), until he found the POP.
    e) Our Brainstorm isn't a mole, but realizes he's suspected of being one and is taking measures to preemptively defend himself
    f) the other Brainstorm is a mole, because somehow a Decepticon spark ended up in his head. My guess: a Decepticon (I don't know who) was on the LL, but on ours was somehow eliminated before he could do any harm (likely by the spark eater or explosion), while he survived on the other LL, allowing him to find a way into Brainstorm and dominate him.

There's my long, confusing theory.

19. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    I don't think he's a spy or a headmaster. One of his most defining traits is being a coward and a survivalist. While he invents weapons of death, he also finds ways to avoid being put in situations where he himself could die.

What if the insignia is nothing more than him hedging his bets? He's not a spy, he's not a mole, he's just a coward who stuck it under his faceplate, just in case something happened, he could take it off, show the insignia and say "I'm one of you, just undercover, now leave me alone so I can keep working".

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    These are solid bets, given that the alternate Lost Light was desroyed and likely ravaged not long after the initial jump. There's deffinitely no way the alternate Brainstorm could've ever gotten a POP spark, that was on Luna-1.

I think he didn't find the portal because the portal was deep inside of him. He just put the spark in a chest compartement. That or the portal isn't visibly active until it's being used. Afterall, when Megatron's stomach-portal lopped off Whirl's arm, he just had a hole in his tummy. No swirling portal.

Entirely possible.

Another disturbing theory is that Brainstorm, an individual who has been shown to be sensitive to the ridicule and judgement of others, has more than once had bouts of asserting himself with his technology. His line "I can do whatever the hell I want" may be less a direct response and more him protesting the constant scrutiny that comes with his obsessive and eccentric nature. His opening the briefcase could instead of being a reaction to something, simply be him lashing out. Maybe he's done things like this before?

This is the most unlikely. The whole idea of some random Decepticon possessing Brainstorm in a way that makes no possible sense given how Sparks are explicity explained in MTMTE up until now. And then for the headmaster to paint a 'Con logo on the inside of the faceplate like that is just pointless. This just seems like a really contrived way to make him a headmaster and alleviate Brainstorm of any true wrong-doing.