MTMTE 33 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by payres, Sep 17, 2014.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

ok. AND the other Brainstorm also never experienced the whole mystical dead universe energy either, right?

so only our Brainstorm experienced the dead universe stuff and wound up with a super powered spark…

hmm… where could this be going?

i love to hear all your speculations...

2. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    No, both Brainstorms experienced the mystical Dead Universe energy, because that happened before the launch, when Brainstorm was examining Hardhead prior to him heading off with Wheelie, Garnak, and Jihaxus.

So both Brainstorm's were 'undead' but only ours got used as Dead Universe portal and acquired a super spark. The other one just got dead, like, proper dead.

3. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is so true.

4. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    I refrained from looking at spoilers and so forth, so, while I was not particularly surprised by the resolution*, I was absolutely flabbergasted by the revelation about, uh... let's say one of the cast. Stunned.

I was also very touched by Rewind and 'Domey.

*not a knock; I liked it

5. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, "Hary Kim-ing us"? Love the Voyager reference. Personally, I loved that episode.

Oh, and I loved this issue. Very well done

6. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ummm...

Brainstorm the badass. The DJD attacks the LL (because Megatron's there) and Brainstorm says "Leave them to me." He strides in, opens his briefcase, they all go offline and he shoots each of them in the head.

Brainstorm with the really-split-personality. One personality starts tinkering with his head. The upcoming Voyager toy is then completely MTMTE-accurate (minus the briefcase).

Maybe both <shrug>.

7. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    i dont know if it's been brought up before because i'm not going through all 53 pages but i was re-reading through season 1 and i was going through issue 22, the one with thunderclash. i get to the part where paddox puts his gun to thunderclash's head and rodimus, in all his glory, says:

"he's a decepticon secret agent! all this time you've had a decepticon secret agent on board and you didn't know it! how EMBARRASSING!"

granted paddox wasn't a decepticon i just found the exchange funny in light of current events. it makes me wonder how far in advance roberts plans his scripts because this is either an accident or epic foreshadowing.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Knowing Roberts, it's forshadowing.

It's pretty fucking funny regardless. <3 Rodimus.

9. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh that's foreshadowing alright! Brilliant!

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Also, the Swerve recap at the beginning was especially funny. "What, you never believed (Rewind) was dead in the first place?"

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Note: Roberts likes to write his stories in a way that gets the audience to feel the same as the cast of characters do on panel.

IE: Everyone is all "BRAINSTORM! F'ING TRAITOR!"

But he then likes to take that and twist it so you end up believing the wrong thing by using little, itty bitty hints throughout the last xx issues and uses a current narrative to tie them altogether in ways that are incredibly difficult to figure out.

In short - Brainstorm probably isn't a traitor, but for his story to have the impact he wants it to, you have to believe he is, and thus it will be written as if he is until he can show you he's not.

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My take on this is that Brainstorm probably IS a double agent, but given that "the war's over" he's clearly cast his lot with the Autobots. His friendship with Chromedome is as genuine as it gets.

Extending that a little further, it means that even on Lost Light 2, he wasn't "the" traitor who summoned the DJD. So we'll still have a reveal on that front (and hopefully it's not infinitely soul-crushing). I really think that given how smart Brainstorm is, he's figured out that his cover's blown and he's trying to protect himself right now.

(I know this kind of thing is petty, but fuck it, they better not kill his ass before his toy comes out!)

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Now that is an interesting way for them to take this. I didn't think Brainstorm was the spy but I didn't think things would be so simple. I can see Roberts taking the story in that direction. He was a spy but isn't and wasn't the one who called the DJD on the LL2.

Also, I just plain don't want Brainstorm to get killed or even leave. He's one of my favorite members of the crew and to me, making him a Decepticon would boost his awesomeness up too high for Roberts to just get rid of him in a couple of issues.

14. WilyMech

News Credits:
    My feeling is Brainstorm is going be the one who smoke out the real spy. I think he is spy but a low level one since he is not really trusted beyond Chromedome. An effective spy engender trust of superiors and the people around him. My impression most people do not trust Brainstorm and a better spy would be Perceptor.

15. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I don't really think that the leading weapons technician on Cybertron is exactly "low level". Chromedome is his only friend, but that's a bit different from being trusted. He's been shown numerous times to be among the first Autobots chosen for sensitive stuff on the Lost Light, including Overlord, getting inside Ultra Magnus, searching Luna 1 and dealing with Rodimus' corpse.

But I think also it's also pretty clear he wasn't the traitor that gave away their position to the Lost Light. Even as a spy it's un-characteristic and it just doesn't add up with the normal Lost Light, where he did no such thing.

16. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    I feel the same way. We're missing details about what's going on so I don't think we can take that last page at face value (it made for a great cliffhanger panel though didn't it?) :) 

This. I can believe that he's a closet Decepticon but I don't think that Mr. 'I'm too smart to die' is dumb enough to summon the DJD to his doorstep. That's like suicide with delusions of survival :p 

17. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Formerly known as Krem

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Has it been suggested that Red Alert could be the traitor? We know his memories have been tampered with, perhaps even to the extent of shadowplay. Maybe he's some kind of sleeper agent.

18. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Brainstorm is a leading weapons expert meaning he has top clearance for weapons development not in command or military strategy. As a spy his value is developing weapons not in stash of energon or where a battalion of Autobots are based and what t heir objectives are. I can see Decepticons getting newest latest weapons from Brainstorm but not certain information.
    It would had been more ideal to make Prowl a spy for the Decepticons because he in position of nexus of information. Or even Blaster would make a great spy. Highbrow would be ideal spy because of Administrative position where data flows through his office. Selling weapons intel does not mean you have to be a scientist that actually produces the design for that weapon.

My feeling it would be Perceptor. Brainstorm is there and you know he is there he is not in the background. Perceptor can come and go into background at ease is gifted at subterfuge. Decepticons probably gave Brainstorm enough rope to hang himself.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That is very true.

Perhaps though since he's not on the ship now....highly unlikely

That's what James Roberts does best...he makes us think of what's going to happen next.

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    But that's just it, if he's a sleeper agent that makes sense.

On the other Lost Light, Rung died. No Rung, no one for Red to turn to for help. He was getting REALLY bad by the time he confided in Rung, what if his paranoia eventually snapped, and his sleeper persona came about? Of course that wouldn't be reflected on our LL, since ours saw Rung killed in what Red believed was a direct result of confiding in him in the first place, leading to his suicide attempt.