MTMTE #32 discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Omegashark18, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    Dominus could be a load bearer just like Minimus, sitting in is own armor. Maybe that's how he knew how to take out Minimus/Magnus. That's messed up :p 

2. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm really not sure what you're getting at here talking about Tyrest and the trigger. From what we can see, Tarn blasted a massive chunk out Magnus. This chunk is missing from both the Magnus armour and Minimus' corpse. They also cut off Magnus' hand to prevent him activating the trigger. This implies that Tarn knows about the Magnus armour get up and may have removed Minimus from the armour to show off, something like 'Here's your mighty lawman!' Or some such. This crew wouldn't have known anything about Minimus as the whole Overlord/Tyrest debacle never happened to them. Rewind wouldn't have known anything about any attention deflectors (which by now with the death of Ambus and destruction of the armour almost certainly aren't working anyway, and wouldn't work a jot against Ravages sense of smell regardless) he most likely just saw the armour as a convenient place to hide. The fact that Rewind didn't put up any sort of fight or protest as Megatron lifts him out of the armour suggests that he's just barely functional.

It's a theory that has been put forward before, that Dominus as a loadbearer like his brother has also been equipped with some armour and infiltrated the DJD as agent 113 and risen to the rank of Tarn. The willing slaughter of so many Autobots, including Minimus suggests otherwise to me though.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  3. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to mention that Rewind's right arm is limp. I'm thinking it's damaged in some way.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    On the subject of "fakeout deaths" does this issue even count? It's clear that these are not going to be the same characters at the same time regardless, and they're not deaths presented as real deaths as a cliffhanger. There's not a lot to "fakeout" when it's clear from the outset that this is something the remainign characters are going to try to undo/prevent.

5. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Oh wow just wow loved this issue from Megatron and Ravage to Nautica and Nightbeat. Everything was great. Solid 10.

6. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    Wow a perfect score for an issue that doesnt deserve a perfect score. If anything there was only one issue that might be a light 10 and thats issue 5.

But yeah this whole issues just kinda, oooh what could've been,, oooo gore, oooh nothing really that cool except Rewind and character interaction. Except therapist Ravage. Didnt care about therapist Ravage

7. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Oh no! Someone likes an issue more than you do! Uh oh! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    This was an outstanding issue. The scene between Ravage and Megatron was utterly brilliant and is one of my favourite scenes in a comic ever. It is so well done, with both characters really coming through strongly.

The whole issue was a joy to read. The Rewind twist was not much of a surprise for me, as I fully expected him to come back at some point, but it was still very good. The most surprising moment was when they discover Overlords corpse, as that is when you realise it has to be an alternate reality as opposed to the future.

This is where MTMTE really hits its high notes, when the writing is so awesome.

9. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

Yeah, same. There's no way these deaths are going to stick. The fact Drift and Ratchet have their own mini later on (Empire of Stone) means they have to undo these "deaths", and there's no way this many people remain dead permanently.

Though I'm calling it that they have to give up Rewind to undo them all. Anamolous presence in a timeline/reality where it doesn't belong, etc, etc.

10. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

Wow, MMC picked an amazingly fortuitous time to announce they were making the DJD in their Reformatted line.

11. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

Also, I'm calling BS on the DJD overrunning the LL without so much as a scratch. I know they're badass and all but no. That's just ridiculous. I mean Tarn uses a single shot and somehow manages to hit Minimus inside the Magnus armor and kill him instantly? Wow luckiest crackshot ever.

12. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, overlord just about did it single handedly, so 5 of him could do it easily

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Brilliant issue, only thing I have a problem with is the DJD somehow tearing through the entire Lost Light, when a bunch of Scavengers managed to give them pause.

14. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Why not? Overlord took on the entire crew single handedly, took out Magnus, has beaten Fort Max before and would most likely have prevailed if not for the Shadowplay psyche trick. Tarn alone has been stated to be on an equal footing as the Phase sixers, without Helix, Tesarus et al backing him up, and this Lost Light doesn't have Fort Max. The implication is he knows about the Magnus armour and it's weaknesses. Take him out, Rodimus was likely dead before this encounter, there's no sign of Cyclonus and without the events that hapoened to our Lost Light, he may not have fought alongside the crew. That doesn't leave many heavy hitters on board, especially if the blew the ship up first and then boarded the wreckage to mop up the survivors.

15. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Beautifully summed up!

16. ShebaNuut

ShebaNuut Member

Sure is gonna be overflowing with feels when it turns out Chromedome couldn't stay away from the needles and wiped all memories of the traumatized-yet-alive Conjunx standing right in front of him.

17. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yup, that was pretty much my reaction, got to be a dimension jump from a universe where the DJD found the Lost light where Overlord never escaped. What I'm wondering is if that lost light is from a Pre Dark Cybertron universe, if so, and judging by the fact Ratchet had his original hands, it was before they went to Delphi so they never stopped Pharma, they never rescued Orion Pax from the exploding planet, never found Metroplex, and that Universe's Shockwave was successful with the Dark Cybertron prophecy which might of caused the damage to the ship causing it to rip through it's own world's reality also explaining why only the season 1 lost light crew have been taken to compensate suggesting that the lost light is a universal constant, only one per universe and the same with the crew . But where have they gone, and just what the hell was in that universe's briefcase?!

18. FantomLibrarian

FantomLibrarian Iaconian Data Coordinator

Am I the only one who thinks Drift killed Rodimus? Perhaps when it was revealed that Rodimus had Overlord transferred onto the ship? The perfectly straight slice seems like a dead giveaway.

19. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoever wrote the TFWiki's page for this issue, good job with the crew manifest.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this "LLII" was made during the jump and went to a separate part of space, never interacting with the LLI or any other Cybertronians up until this point, while the rest of the galaxy continued on. There's no alternate universe, there's only a duplicate of the ship and crew in the same dimension. Dark Cybertron still happened, it's just that LLII was not paying any attention and had no hand in helping stopping the whole affair.

20. Rork

Rork Fruitloop Multipuck

A bunch of Scavengers...with Grimlock in tow ;) .

Neither do we know the pretext to what happened, after all, the DJD gave the Scavengers a chance to surrender the one they were looking for first.