MTMTE #32 discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Omegashark18, Aug 26, 2014.

1. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

that last one right in the feels

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

"...ah, your true colours..."

That's got to be in reference to Cyclonus... maybe?

zmog

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I was thinking "purple" as in the Decepticon symbol, so maybe Megatron... or Drift.

4. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I'm thinking it's going to be an encounter with Tarn.

5. SMOG

Tarn would be the obvious choice... but then who would expect otherwise from Tarn? Megatron already knows he's a Decepticon fanatic (ie: "purple" to the core). He wouldn't forget.

Which is why I'm thinking it might be someone referring to LL2 Cyclonus, after discovering that he abandoned or betrayed the others on his ship. A lot of people on the LL are just waiting for Cyclonus to show his "true colours" (because they think he's a Con, or at least has Con sympathies).

One possibility anyway.

zmog

6. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    James why you do this to us

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    :( 
    :( 
    :cry 

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    James Roberts is kind of a fucker. :lol  I mean, I knew the issue would come up, but man that's a bit of twisted heart-wrencher that only time-paradox relaity fuckup stories can produce.

Which is good, because that's the best part of them.

It may just be because it's 3:30 am and I'm grumpy 'cuz I can't sleep, but does anyone think there's no instance in which "the feels" could be written that wouldn't be better suplemented by "my feelings?"

Also, I was re-reading the issue and stopped on overlord's headless body. I may be looking at nothing and calling it ancient aliens, but Overlord's head is not only gone, but the armature holding it is gone, and so are the tips of his little shoulder spikes. Now why if the DJD decapitated him like the flashback showed would these extra parts be damaged? I can see the armature being cut if it wouldn't let go of his head, but the shoulder spikes? Alex Milne's attention to detail is staggeringly prophetic at times, and to me it looks like, and I know this is weird, the entire space around his head was just removed, cutting off the tips of his shoulder spikes and the arm Terminator time-bubble style. There's no conceivable way the DJD cutting his head with a chainsaw would remove the spike tips like that. They'd have to purposely chop them off afterwards for no reaosn, or cut in a big U motion around his head.

I dunno, was his head just melted in a ball? Teleported away? It's just... those spikes, that doesn't make sense. look at when they're beheading them, it just doesn't match up.

9. Jack3Dragon

Jack3Dragon Well-Known Member

Time to break out the blanket fort and ice cream again because if the preview wasn't enough warnings for the feels in the next issue then this tweet hits it home

10. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

that is what "my feels" or "the feels" is short for. it is one of those phrases that has come about because of the internet wanting to shorten every thing instead of typing out of the full phrase

11. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Good observation. It would be a bit strange to cut him in such a manner, and doing so involves a bit more time than a clean sweeping cut - so it looks like Tarn might not have told Overlord Megatron was alive, because boy, Overlord would not have given them time to do such a weird cut.

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Remember, the Justice Division NEVER just kill their targets. They always subject them to the most horrible tortures before letting them die.

13. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Except here you've got an Overlord who wants to die. The ideal thing to torture him would be to let him know that Megatron's alive right before you kill him off and rob him of his revenge - they'd have to do it quick though, because any slower and they risk Overlord doing damage to them.

14. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if they somehow take his head and his spark like what Pharma did to Ratchet in Remain in Light, then it would be torture for him to see his target and not be able to do anything.

15. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Ok, one question as I am not with my ipad to check, but was it ever anything more than implied by the one panel of Prowl looking at Bee as the LL takes off and (seemingly) explodes, that the explosion was Prowl's doing? I know the Duobot got killed by the engine, but that look from Prowl seems to indicate that the explosion was expected. Did Prowl instruct Ore to die by hanging out by the engines?

16. Jack3Dragon

Jack3Dragon Well-Known Member

We learned in the later issue from the other duobot that Prowl wanted them to put a tracer(?) on the engines but being near them when they where going to jump cause the explosion. I'm not sure if Prowl actually planned that I'm going to have to reread that issue.

17. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly, it was a bit of a red herring. I think it was intended to indicate that Prowl was somehow involved in the explosion, and possibly the one who planned it. However in the end it turned out that he just wanted to keep tabs on the LL, but "the blue Duobot" ended up screwing things up when he went to place Prowl's locator.

In short Prowl wasn't actually a murderous bastard ready to kill all his Autobot comrades. (This was shortly before he got taken over by Bombshell.)

18. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Thanks all. That is what I recalled, but I wasn't 100%. I thought for a second that this too is all Prowl's fault.

19. SMOG

Was it a tracer, or were they actually supposed to sabotage the engines so the ship couldn't jump/take off? My memory's foggy on that too.

zmog

20. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    It was just a tracer, Shock says as much when he's talking to himself when he goes to see Ore's corpse/make sure no one else finds out about Prowl's involvement.