MTMTE 31 iBooks preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TF14, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Yup, and it's awesome :thumb  Imagine a whole ship filled with guys that only talk with their hands, though. How would they do ship wide announcements. Pictures? want to know more!

Another thing I'd love to know more about is festival of Lost Lights. Is there any significance to the name and the quest or was it included just so the ship would have a nice sounding name.

2. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so the Lost Light is the Horizon :) 

3. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two years ago is before the Rodimus and crew had the ship. This flash back is more of history of Lost Light than the crew.

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Now let us just hope that Drift doesn't return with a new AoE inspired appearance.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Rojo's art is actually looking significantly less shitty this issue. Not sure if that's just because of Lafuente's god tier coloring or what.

Foot line is amazing. Roberts, you evil bastard.

That would be amazing.

6. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    So, probably been pointed out, but is that festival some kind of couples thing or something?

Cause Chromedome and Rewind are there and most of the tables are two bots sitting together. Maybe they're remembering the dead they used to love and the lanterns represent sparks.

I dunno, maybe I'm looking too far into it.

7. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Hmm..not diggin' the artwork, I much prefer Alex Milne style.

8. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No I think you may be onto something here

9. WilyMech

News Credits:
    That is possible. Mean Roberts has intimate relationships. I mean some of the parings are from fanfiction.

I wouldn't doubt that he start the new Conjunx Endura couple. I am sorry folks I do not believe it is Tailgate and Cyclonus.

The lights reminds me of a fairs where the new couples meet. The atmosphere is kind of romantic

10. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    It's better than his Dark Cybertron work, but still... eugh.

Ahahahaha I would love that, only because IDW Drift would totally go over-the-top with that and model himself completely in "ceremonial armor" or whatever.

11. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

Probably just Rojo on flashbacks and Milne on modern day (hopefully)- the cover does credit Milne as the artist for this issue and we haven't had anything to suggest that Milne wouldn't be doing the art on this issue.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Milne apparently said in Twitter he's not working on this issue, so...

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Rojo's art is way better here. Maybe he actually had time to draw this properly?

Drift's super-spiritual new-age stuff always gets me. "I'm using modal energy to enhance the warm timber of my voice." I'm terrified it's that kind of great character stuff that McCarthy's just not gonna get and totally backtrack the character to mediocrity when the new mini comes out.

I actually wouldn't mind that at all.

14. MegaRoadbuster

MegaRoadbuster Well-Known Member

Some other stuff to take away from the preview is that the "previous owner/owners" may come into play, and why was the LOSTLIGHT abandoned? Abandoned where?

Roberts doesn't put this stuff in there for nothing. That's why I was able to call the Rodimus reveal in 30 fairly easly.

15. WilyMech

News Credits:
    It seems that Lost Light wasn't sold legitimate. It is Hot. So in theory that actual owners recalled it back.

16. ArmedonLSD

ArmedonLSD Well-Known Member

I've been thinking since issue 2 of season two, that the lost light was sent back from the future. Maybe something is happening to the timeline that would be preventing the ship from ever coming back. If the ship does travel faster than the speed of light would this not be possible. If the message was from the future, why not the LL itself?

Also The facial expression change on Rodimus could be because he was smiling before dying. Was he the unlikely pilot who had to make the trek back in time?

17. WilyMech

News Credits:
    As for Rodimus dying I doubt he was killed by Drift. Most likely Drift is the one who put him in the coffin with the Spectralist inscriptions. The expression could been done after Rodimus death when the metal was still malleable. Something about it is creepy. If I guess who killed Rodimus it would be Star Saber.

My guess it would have to do with Shockwave and his messing with the time in Dark Cybertron. So in essence the Lost Light is from the future that time line could possibly cease to exist. Megatron is not the only captain that Lost Light could object too.

18. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Maybe Rewind's remembering Dominus Ambus... Chromedome on the other hand wouldn't remember any of his own because... needles... in his own neck... yeah.

Huh... If the Lost Light is from the future... and coffin!Roddy is from the future... I dearly want to know what materials the coffin is made of because what if the coffin's materials are a match to the metal of the Lost Light and Rodimus was killed on the Lost Light itself?

19. ArmedonLSD

ArmedonLSD Well-Known Member

His expression was most certainly changed after his death. But he reader is led to believe it went from panic or pain to neutral. What if it was changed from joy or happiness to neutral. Meaning his death wasn't a murder but voluntary. We all know Rodimus gets off on a "Optimus esque" Sacrifice.

The LL is most def from the future though. Maybe that means we'll get to see its creation, or how the current LL crew gets a sparkeater onboard. Puts a whole new spin into the message from the future.

20. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    During a recent reread of MTMTE I noticed several instances of characters mentioning how odd it was that things were happening more than once some examples that I remember are:
    Issue 2: Skids falls right in front of Chromedome and Rewind while fighting Legislators, Chromedome: This again?
    Rewind: I know. What are the chances

Issue 14: Chromedome walks into Brainstorm's lab and Brainstorm's working on the new holomatters, Chromedome: why is there a giant naked human in your workshop? and who'd thought I'd have to ask you that twice in one lifetime

Issue 17: Rung looks at the portal and says "Is anyone else getting a sense of deja vu

I'm pretty sure there were more but I can't remember right now. Now with the exception of Rung's quote those all seem like super specific situations that probably wouldn't happen more than once which leads me to wonder, are the Lost Lighters stuck in some kind of time loop?