MtMtE #29 Discussion / Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Anguirus, May 13, 2014.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I would propose a drinking game whereby we take a shot whenever you mention Mirage, Wily, but I don't think most of us could take that much liquour ;) 

2. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could rephrase it. I think Shadowplay is major event. I do not think it happen to DJD at all sometimes a person is bastard is a bastard does not require brainwashing by anyone. Is there some psychological damage, yes. Is there a fail rate, probably. Outside of Red Alert experience not much is known about it failing. Chromedome is involved most likely and his reckoning of sorts.

Tarn is not Roller even though he may similar frame types. It is like saying Bluestreak and Prowl are the same when they are not. I do not believe that DJD does not use mnemo-surgery or they would done so by now when hunting their prey. It would mean that DJD would have killed Drift along time ago.

I believe there is mole and he is not Shadowplayed, though. My impressions lean towards Vos...Tarn is loyal to what he believes the Decepticon cause is. Tarn likes to hunt what he perceives as a traitors. It does not mean that Autobots above using the DJD for their own gain. The list serves the Autobots as well by taking out the most dangerous Decepticons there is. In essence the special ops did gain benefit from DJD and use it to spread fear. It kind of game Prowl will play that is extremely dangerous.

Those mechs who are pallbearers are going be important. I do not believe it is random.

3. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No I really think the pallbearers are chosen so Roberts could just show off some of the new guys on the Lost Light, I don't think they were chosen because they serve some sort I higher purpose.

4. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Didn't already did that in the previous issue? When they were eavesdropping on Rung and Megatron.

5. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But now he's showing more characters... Yeah I know Mirage is in both of those scenes but that doesn't really mean it's suspicious or anything.

6. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Yeah you can call me a bit paranoid. LOL. Kind of reminded me of Skids and the gun.

7. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Right now, I think it's him just showing off who he's managed to get, and bring some new faces to the crowds rather than the original group who's always at the forefront. If Mirage is important, it will be drawn out to him in typical Roberts fashion, not just appearing doing things here and there.

8. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Sound about right....

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I don't think Tarn is the mole... though he may be Roller. Something clearly happened to Roller... something dark, I suspect. We know Roller is a "heavy"... a POP who can handle the big stuff. And I still think it's significant that way back, Prowl referred to Tarn as "Tarn"... with the emphasis that the quotation marks would convey. Tarn is someone... it could be a red herring, but having a mysterious, significant character who is conspicuous for going by a pseudonym and wearing an identity-obscuring mask sure does heavily imply that his true identity is meaningful.

Roller is a good candidate. Was he shadowplayed? Who knows. But we do know he made enemies with the Senate RIGHT at the same time when mnemosurgery was being employed by the Senate to silence subversives. They did so to Shockwave, and arrested Roller in the same incident. It's not a stretch.

This is also quite possible. Who keeps the list again?

Anyway, I don't mean to throw shadowplay out there as the plot device behind every single thing, but considering what we know about the kind of tech that has been used by both sides during the war (mnemosurgery, brain bullets, spark extractions, etc), it would make a lot of sense for a deep cover operative to undergo specialized conditioning (hypno training, shadowplay, reprogramming, whatever) to protect his identity from whatever screening or internal security techniques you'd have to go through before getting into a group like the DJD. I would not be surprised to learn that Agent 113 is a complete neurotic headcase because of it.

zmog

10. WilyMech

News Credits:
    It is not a stretch. Roller getting shadowplayed. I leaning him not being Tarn for some reason it is just a hunch.

Yes there is specialized training involved. We seen Shadowplay it is not exactly sure thing. I mean look at Shockwave. It could have backfired and Agent 113 would attack his handlers in a psychotic episode. It would almost be a near reformat to completely change personal on that level. You will writing person core personality. Given it does degrade over time does leave person in a psychotic and going killing spree. If that the case Agent 113 number one target is going be Prowl (charming guy and mostly because he is head special ops). Given DJD is bunch of psychotics anyway who to say that mole went crazy.

As for the list it is kept by Kaon (communications officer) not by Tarn or Vos.

11. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    maybe kaon is a good mole candidate, he keeps the list maybe he manipulates it so the djd eliminates deceptions unknowingly for the autobots. i dont believe tarn is roller either he's a bit too sadistic for autobot standards even ones potentially that deep undercover.

12. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Yep. I feel the same.

13. SMOG

Well Skids had his memory wiped as a procedural precaution just because a black op didn't go right, and was wandering around completely clueless as a result. Just sayin' that's the way they do things in that field... :) 

To clarify, I'm not saying Tarn = Roller = 113.

I'm saying Tarn might be Roller... maybe due to Shadowplay messing up his brain. Maybe some other reason. I'm not saying he's an undercover. I'm saying he might have really switched sides long ago... for whatever reason.

However, on a totally separate topic, I think Vos could be 113.

zmog

14. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I guess we going wait and see. We don't know much about the DJD as a whole.

15. SMOG

Yeah, it's all just idle speculation for the moment. It's kind of sad how long ago it has been since the DJD and Scavengers appeared in MTMTE, and we've still never really gotten back to them.

zmog

16. Rung

Rung DESIGNER!!!

News Credits:
    the djd and scavengers need their own series... they are amazing.
    and while as sadistic and psychotic as they are, the DJD have been some of the smartest decepticons I've seen so far. it's just their dialogues and teamwork and their looks that suggests this idea.

17. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I have no argument there.

Speaking of Scavengers last we saw of them is at Galactic Post 113. I think that is where Lost Light is heading.

18. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    i hope so...it's almost hinted there has to be some interaction with the scavengers and the lost light. if not for anything else i'd still like to find out what makes misfire the arch enemy of skids.

19. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I wrote fanfiction on that. It ended up Misfire has no clue to why he an arch enemy to Skids.

The grammar not the best

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9296164/1/It-is-Just-Plain-Wrong

20. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    i'll give it a read.....i could see misfire having no idea why skids would hate him and skids being pissed he doesn't know what he did.