Mtmte #2 preview!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gridlock1987, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Nurse diagnostic drone!

3. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

4. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Amazing indeed. Some awesome dialogue.

5. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gosh I love Brainstorm. So self-impresed and impatient and outclassed intelect wise by several other bots on board. He may be this issues Swerve for brief but endearing characterization. And it's spot on to his classic character.

So. "Duobots" I'm gonna assume they're the Autobot equivalents of Duocons. If so, I'm a little bummed their names aren't more in the Duocon style to give us a hint at their alt modes.

Skids as a bad@$$ is really kinda a wierd fit for me. Classic characterization, what very little he had of it, was a rather soft spoken spacey academic anthropologist. Wonder if this will at all play on the Japanese set that makes him and Skreetch interdimensional warriors?

-ZacWilliam, even with a slight disconnect on super-action-hero-Dr.-Whoish Skids this is great stuff. 1984! 1984! CAN NOT WAIT for the full issue.

6. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Great artwork and what seems like an interesting story. Might have to give this a look.

7. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will definitely be getting the TPB when released

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    looking forward to Wednesday!

9. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    The only flaw this wonderful series has is having to wait a month between issues.

-ZacWilliam, in a perfect world we'd get this awesomeness weekly.

10. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    'At least we'll be able to tell them apart now!'

:lol 

Great stuff, can't wait until Wednesday. '19-84, 19-84!'

11. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Is that you, Hauler? Pulling Cyclonus out of that lake?

I love that James Roberts is adding the wear and tear Ratchet's work takes on him. Far too often, I feel like Ratchet is treated like a macguffin himself in his ability to put people back together regardless of how damaged they are or what limited supplies he has to work with. Nowhere I feel, was this more transparent than All Hail Megatron. Where he spends most of the series really sweating that he might not be able to save Optimus because of lack of equipment and supplies. Then, when the story calls for it, Optimus is back! Alive and well! Polished to a mirror sheen! Thanks doc, you're a miracle worker!

No. The poor guy has been at this for millions of years. He's seen hundreds of thousands of folks die, many of them probably on his operating table and he's had to put just as many thousand back together again from a smoldering heap of remnants; just so they could be shoved back out onto the field and have the same or worse inflicted upon him again. Ratchet isn't as young as he used to be and all that legendary experience and skill has taken a toll on him. I like this bunches and bunches.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  12. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Hoist. Note the green and yellow. That's Hoist's colors. Hauler's only ever been one or the other.

13. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    I am stunned, STUNNED, I say, that Milne was able to ape Roche's (latest) style for this book so well. Great job!

14. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Perhaps Skids is the one who sent the message from the future, and that's where he's just come from?

15. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Do want. Gave up on IDW a while back, figured I'd try again with the two new ongoings and am now hooked. Also: toys of everyone, please. Particularly Brainstorm. Just give Cyclonus a new head. I love it when smaller characters get attention, especially if they're Brainstorm. ;) 

16. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    Possible, but I kinda doubt it as the message said "Don't let them take Skids" and that'd be a kinda odd way to talk about yourself.

-ZacWilliam, just realized that the 1984 are most likely the THEY in that sentence...

17. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    The writing on this really is exceptional, the characterization, the quirkiness. Just great, great stuff. Sad I am trade-waiting it. loved Skids internal monologue.

Except in aping it he made it look good. No more Loony-Tunes-Anorexia-Bots (i like Roche sometimes ~ LSOTW was mostly great ~ but MtMtE#1 was just way too far gone stylistically for me). Kudos to him. No if they could stop using that horrible design for Cyclonus' vehicle mode, Seriously, if you are going to be that close to the classic why not just use the real thing ~ I didn't get it back in Spotlight Cylconus and i don't get it now...

18. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice to see they're keeping the pace up from the first issue, as well as the brilliant characterization. Loving Brainstorm and his ego, and really starting to develop a soft spot for poor ol' Rung... Not sure what to think of Skids yet, but the "1984 bots" look like they're gonna prove to be a challenge. roll on Wednesday!

Also, did not realise each issue was going back to monthly... Was just getting used to the bi-weekly rota. ^^;

19. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I'm going to have to politely disagree with both your post and your personal statement. :) 

20. Sockie

Sockie News Staff

News Credits:
    Wow. Definitely wasn't expecting Milne's pencils to look this nice.

Anyone else think the Duobots were the two Prowl was talking to? Also nice to see more of Brainstorm. He's one of my favorites from the old Headmasters.