MtMtE #18 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nope, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    That's actually quite a nice idea. Assuming that MMM members don't just have their T-Cogs removed, but the mechanism completely neutured, there could very well be some out there who regret their decision. Relinquishment clinics and transformable exo-suits might be an attractive proposition. Kind of like Action Masters with their transorming armours and vehicles.

2. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh sorry! When you were talking about character variations I thought you were meaning how much you like all the 'Chars' Char is a character from Gundam who spawned tons of people. It was a joke, I apologize.

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Yes, but previous events have shown us that TFs can get transformation cogs replaced (i.e. Tarn) - wouldn't that be simpler? I also assume that for one to be in those suits, it'd be problematic for him to get transformed while in suit.

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    That's why I said they don't just have their T-Cogs removed, but their whole transformation ability neutured. It would make sense for fanatics like the MMM, once you're in, they're not going to make it easy for you to get out again. And one would assume that the exo suit would transform around you, not make you part of it, otherwise Daniel and all those Nebulons would have become so much mincemeat assuming that the Ultra Magnus suit works on the same principle.

5. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

i was watching the latest episode of prime and fiddling with my voyager predaking when an idea struck me: this or the larger predaking could be a decent custom for Tyrest!! He has the head spikes, and the wings that look almost cape-like, and the wide girth and power that tyrest seems to have. i would love to see that happen as a custom, or even a club figure, maybe.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

That was a possibility I considered, but then...
    and...
    ... so yeah, it still doesn't quite feel right. :thumb 

zmog

7. VRDUBZAK

VRDUBZAK Titan

News Credits:
    They did establish how clean it was inside Magnus.

8. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Minimus always the one has OCD and there could been real Ultra Magnus (deactivated or some where else). OCD would not had been affected by the change of the bodies or a pretender shell because it is part of the basic core personality that Minimus has anyways. Rung pretty much shown to be a competent psychologist to pick up the core personalities of given Cybertronian has. Although I almost intrigue what Rung response to Pharma's as much to what actually unhinged him.

I would like to know where Pharma got his hands. What are Pharma intentions towards Ratchet? In all actuality Ratchet may be the one in greatest danger in the sense Pharma is not exactly playing by the rules of Law. Tyrest and Legislatures are most likely have some code and if Rodimus has a good lawyer that can manipulate the code they have decent chance of getting set free and clear of charges.

What is Skids role in this? SS took a lot effort not hurt Swerve but to neutralize Skids in more direct way.

Who is the boss of Lockdown, Pharma and Tyrest?

9. Scaldron

Scaldron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tyrest, if not someone else.

Pharma said "our lord and master", implying he and Lockdown work for the same person.

10. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm thinking of Magnus' neuroses like this.. and bear with me, cos it's jumbled and kind of off the cuff.

I'm believing that Magnus (the body, the ruse) carries a spark to maintain the illusion of being, well.. normal. His higher functions though are completely shut down and controlled remotely by Ambus. Now how the hell that happens I have no idea, but..

Now think of the Magnus body as a brand spanking new car. Massive, shiny, pristine.
    Think of Ambus as the driver.
    Every knock, every dent, every scratch pissing off the owner more and more. The car keeps coming back to get show worthy again and he keeps getting more and more obsessive over every little detail that might affect it.

This body is his life. His baby, his world, his obsession.

What else has Ambus got other than keeping this big, gleaming machine in perfect condition?

11. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "and there could been real UM (deactivated or some where else)"....
    Which then beg the question, who is Ultra Magnus? Is the real UM dead/deactivated and somehow his body ended up in the Ambus family or Tyrest men? If M.Ambus has always been the core of UM since day one, Jame better explains the body autopsy whether Ratchet knows or not. Also, what made M.Ambus need a power suit, e.g is it to avenge his brother death (assuming Dominus was dead)?

Jame better has a good explanation in issue #19 on this one. Issue #18 storyline just dropped a bomb on us from no where and as a result some of us are like WFT? It didn't explain well. The concept itself is not the issue here, M.Ambus wearing an armor is nothing new as it dated back to G1 toy and DW.

12. FantomLibrarian

FantomLibrarian Iaconian Data Coordinator

Thinking about UM and Minimus - we've seen with Overlord that Cybertronians have an underchassis beneath their armor and Megatron had his entire body replaced at least twice that we've seen - what if Ratchet didn't notice Minimus simply because he's the underchassis of the UM armor...

That doesn't explain the whole spark issue - but I suppose if Tyrest has the ability to manufacture/replace forged hands why not spark-swapping?

13. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Given Pharma level at surgery taking Ratchet head and spark chamber having it separate from his body. I think swapping sparks will not be out of Pharma level expertise.

14. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I think you all are over thinking it. We will see when the next issue comes out, but we do know that M Ambus displays the same mannerisms as 'Ultra Magnus'. Also, Barber wouldn't of goofed with Megatron Origin (which is the core of the entire back story rests on a giant corner stone that for a long time had no supporting fiction until Chaos Theory). Ultra Magnus looking exactly like Optimus is an indicator of something. M Ambus could of taken on his identity blackmailed by Tyrest into serving him. Who knows? But I know it is exciting. Lets find out together.

15. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since someone brought back the Animus .1% thread, this remind me, since UM is also shown with a green spark, does that make him a .1%? If yes, does green spark belongs to UM or M.Ambus :ev: 

16. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

Minimus ambus has the green spark. since ultra magnus appears to just be an armor. :D 

17. VRDUBZAK

VRDUBZAK Titan

News Credits:
    Spoiler!!! This should confirm, just a suit, but he did sustain damages as Minimus inside the suit.

[​IMG]

18. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Pharma is there. So is Tyrest and Minimus Ambus as well.

19. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

I'm telling you, Rodimus gets the spear and removes the suit from Tyrest revealing dominus and reattaches the Ultra Magnus suit to minimus.

20. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Wow, spoiler indeed! When does issue 19 come out again?