MtMtE #18 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nope, Jun 19, 2013.

1. VRDUBZAK

VRDUBZAK Titan

News Credits:
    Optimus better not have been Dominus before becoming Orion Pax.

2. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL, I think you may unearth the mysterious missing Dominus Ambus. No wonder Rewind couldn't find him. That's because he got reformat into Orion/Optimus, lol. :D 

3. Scaldron

Scaldron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except Rewind was with Dominus when they left Cybertron to find Luna 1 prewar. They came back when the war had already started and joined the Autobots as soon as they touched down.

So Dominus can't be Optimus.

4. VRDUBZAK

VRDUBZAK Titan

News Credits:
    I guess I should re-read Shadowplay, I missed that or forgot that part.

5. Scaldron

Scaldron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'd be #12, actually. That's the one that gives Dominus's backstory.

6. VRDUBZAK

VRDUBZAK Titan

News Credits:
    Yup, knew it was around there somewhere. Right of Autobot brand done almost immediately after touchdown.

7. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

Would it make sense in context to the story? I don't think so. We've established that dominus and prime were running around at the same time. Minimus is ultra magnus without the armor. the brain and soul are still the same.

8. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

As can i. Roberts has proved himself often enough that i have faith he can pull this off and make me like it. I just hope that the newfound Hasbro favoritism doesn't lead to transformers prime levels of mandate flowing into the storytelling.

I think that's a good possibility. I also found the viewpoint that he saved the ship intriguing

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

This is what I was referring to. Consider for a moment what Ratchet was able to determine/diagnose during the Delphi incident, just by looking at First Aid and Ambulon. It's already been established in this series that Ratchet has been actually performing invasive surgery/repairs on Magnus TWICE (once in the Annual, later after being stabbed by Overlord). It strains credibility that a master surgeon like him would have missed the presence of a smaller bot inside Magnus' armature.

Meh. It's the internet... there are always people wailing in the darkness. F*** 'em. Nobody's listening. I think that you're getting too bent out of shape worrying about what a vocal minority says about an entire fandom.

Good point! Interesting link.

Are we looking at the same source here? Ambus doesn't look like he transforms into anything to me. He's got that "skinny-robot-nonspecific-alt-mode" look to me.

Not that it bothers me, but I feel like the closest connection he has to Magnus is a predominantly white colour scheme.

Again, not that it's actually relevant, but the "smaller robot" inside Magnus is hypothetically as big as Optimus Prime, so... :) 

Yeah, agreed. We'll see.

Y'know, while we KNOW this isn't the case, it is interesting to note that the way that Dominus Ambus was described is actually quite close to the Optimus Prime of the G1 bios... intellectual, philosopher, doctor, civil libertarian, etc...

zmog

10. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

What makes you think Ratchet doesn't know?

11. ss4steve

ss4steve Rogue Phase Sixer

I was just considering that possibility. Before you think it's too much of a stretch remember that ratchet has been the chief medical officer for the cybertronian high command since before Optimus became a prime. You can't tell me he hasn't been party to classified insider information of this nature due to his profession. He could have known long ago and not disclosed it under doctor client confidentiality.

Interesting to chew on

12. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually if that is case then it would be consider a security measure and even if it is classified Rodimus would have to know and he is part of that command. Having a second in command like that even most trusted person that kind of secrets is like a betrayal to that trust. It is debatable what Ratchet knew or didn't but one thing clear Rodimus didn't know.

13. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And besides Skids, Whirl, First Aid and Rodimus all went inside Ultra Magnus during the Annual sure maybe if they saw something Whirl and Skids and Rodimus might not notice but First Aid is a fairly competent doctor he should be able to notice if something was off.

14. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you
    A CHAR?

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Also, Vehicons in this comic aparently have the durability and brain matter of the TV ones. :lol 

16. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny, that is how I feel about people complaining about Regeneration One and that is muh geewun.

Though there is a pejorative for MTMTE and its called REEDUNN so each book has its hater.

At least no one has personally insulted Roberts on his own blog. Your fandom has yet to experience that.

Edit: I had to go to dinner real quick.

I hope you don't. I like his work (most of it). He is still very creative and has a lot to do for the series.

17. Trigg

Trigg Member

This could well be part of the Monoformer movement. As with folks who wants to stay monoformers there are also those Monoformers who wants to transform. This could be one such situation.

18. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

This. maybe it's a "please keep my secret, no one must know" type situation
    Maybe Dominus is star saber? Or in another big suit guy? It would explain how Rewind was never able to find him on the snuff movie discs

19. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

That would be interesting. My theory is that Dominus is gone ape shit and turned into tyrest himself. Dominus is the head of the Ambus family.
    Which would be the reason he cared for ultra magnus carrying him personally in the preview and then reprimanding ultra himself.

20. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too lazy to write "Character".

I think there is a show where it says "Characters Welcome?"