MSNBC: Summer Hits/Flops

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by neospark1, Aug 23, 2007.

1. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20366480/

Interesting read. A highlight:

Four stars: The huge hits

“Spider-Man 3” ($336 million)
    “Shrek the Third” ($321 million)
    “Transformers” ($303 million)
    “The Simpsons Movie” ($155 million)
    “Knocked Up” ($146 million)
    “The Bourne Ultimatum” ($138 million)

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I find this humorous.

The reporter should take a look at the movie boards on this site. :) 

3. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

***SCOFF***
    Screw MSNBC, not just they have the most annoying cable news personality, but also the same guy who wrote that said that it will only get $235 Mil. and listed it as iffy. Looks like the guy ate his words.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Wow the Simpsons movie got done in the butt. I'm shocked.

5. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's be honest...I don't think the average American family is that interested in the average yellow skinned family any more. That and unfortunately, much like those who made the choice with Transformers, animated films that recieve a PG-13 rating really don't do that well. There's a major stumbling block for animators that people like my Parents generation thinks that animation is only for cartoons marketed towards children. Plus the audience that really thinks that the Simpsons was cool have matured and many of them have moved on. Plus, I may be wrong, but the ratings for the newer Simpsons season are not that great either.

6. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    Transformers whooped some ACE. If the damn skeptics just would've went and saw it then it would've been the most successful movie of the year. There's no doubt in my mind.

7. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    You know what I don't like about Article Reviews in Magazines or otherwise noted? The fact that they can't seem to put a clamp down on their snark and sarcasms when reviewing summer movies, like Transformers, and just review the movie. They'll praise movies that usually get promoted for Oscars and slam summer movies with repetitive notations ("ridiculous plots and shallow characters" being their favorites) as they are apparently unable to suspend their belief for 2 hours. I just can't appreciate their opinions.

8. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Thats the exact same thing every magazines do. Popular vote. Whatever movie gets bashed oh they will jump on the bashwagon. Whatever movie was prasied up the wazoo they will be there kissing ass. Its a very dull way of writing. It makes it seem like all magazines have the same editor.

9. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Yeah, tell me about it. Most of the time I wonder the point in their writing 'reviews' in magazines other than to attract the masses by appealing to their (the magazine) curiosity at what their potiental view on the movies are. That and the flashy Magazine covers (which gets me most of the time, unless my rational is working top throttle). Alas, I digress.

10. LOSTaddict815

LOSTaddict815 Well-Known Member

Whoa what happened to POTC 3? It didnt even make that list i thought it did well.

And wow they did a lot of bashing on The Island in that article.....i may be the only one but i loved that movie.....i saw it twice in theaters....and is still in the top 10 of my fav. movies.