MS cracks down on Gamerscore cheaters

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Joe Moore, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47132

Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how do you cheat to get gamerscores?

3. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Give your account to someone else to acquire all the points, others use bot programs or fake matches to acquire multiplayer cheats. then there are those that can just hack your account to give you achievements.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    As you can see, my gamerscore sucks - but I could care less. Lying about it just seems...pointless.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I didn't even know this was going on. I thought Skorponok and Sky Shark had super high Gamerscore's....

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twin-Twist's game is up. :D 

7. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's funny

8. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

I don't use gamesaves, that's what's this is about. Scorpinok and I just play a f-ton of games.

Quote Major Nelson's Blog,"wanted to follow up and let you know where we are on the post I made a few months ago on Gamesave Tampering. Today we took action on some of the accounts we have identified as the most serious offenders who have violated the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use by tampering with their Gamerscore and Achievements."

This refers to gamesave hacking to get glitched achivements etc. I could be worng though. I do not believe this applies to say yaris matches set up to get achievements. However anyone who does it probably should do it anymore just to be safe. I think acheivement matches are too wide spread to stop them.

9. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I'm a pretty casual gamer, but I ran into some of this behavior when I got Smackdown vs. Raw 2007. I tried to play online, and every game that allowed created characters had a number of guys with customized, 100+ ranked wrestlers that couldn't be picked up, and didn't get winded, etc. It was pathetic. Unfortunately, this wasn't "cheating," it was just lame-ass behavior.

I also don't understand people going to these lengths to build up their scores or whatever. I think mine looks like MoonMan's.

edit: ha! Here it is:
    [​IMG]

10. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

I despise people who hack gamerscores though. Those people aren't gamer score whore, a true gamerscore whore is a good person who plays many many games because they like games and achievement points. I think its good to punish the hackers but I don't like the idea of punishing the people who 'boost' on games that people never play or stuff like that cause htey still need to earn the achievement by doing the action.

But yeah the Gnaw when they mean high scores they mean 40, 50 K + Scopy and I have very low ones in comparision to the glitchers.

11. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    However, sharing your account information to another individual to let them get the achievements for you is a clear violation of the terms of service.

12. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?GamerTag=StripclubDj

This guy had the largest gamerscore until today. Don't know what his standing was since its been wiped, but it was over 100,000 just 10 months after xbox 360 launched, and he had games like Quake 4 on his list TWICE.

He was already banned from Live and was trying to sell his high score account online. Now he's a 0 and worthless. And I can't stop laughing.

EDIT: found his info
    Number of Games: 263
    Total Score: 177979 / 198100
    Total Achievements: 6264 / 7007
    Thats before the wipe.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    LOL@cheaters!

There are plenty of forums to help you get a high gamerscore the legitimate way. Why cheat?

I have run into some people with rediculously high gamerscores before -it was obvious they cheated. I didn't go "ooh look at your gamerscore, you are so cool".

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    As seen in my sig, just like MMM my Gamerscore is pretty low. Thats mostly because I find the majority of them quite tricky to get, and not worth the effort overall.

Still, glad to see this is place, though my feelings about the last part can be summed up with only one phrase. 'Ownage, Total Ownage!'

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ditto... only, no offense to anyone, but I have never looked at anyone's score. I turn on my console to play games, and if it's online and Smasher shoots me with a sniper rifle... Then I'll say "Cool Smasher kicked my ass". Otherwise, I have never cared or looked at anyone's gamerscore. The closest thing was seeing you guys as the top players on my friend list for certain Live games.

16. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I heard that yo. Though I finally have Live Gold and have yet to play just about anything online. Hell I traded in Halo 3. Though I now have Call of Duty 4.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I really need to get COD on 360 to play with everyone, but knowing my luck, I will get it and everyone will move on to the next thing. Still, I hear it's an amazing game in singleplayer as well.

18. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So far, it is.

19. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I couldn't even tell your what my gamescore is. Nor do I care what it is. If I unlock an achievement, whoopie. I'm playing the game to play the game, not try to prove I have the ginormousiest e-penis around.

20. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Nah, just playin. I just want to get over an 9000 gamerscore. It'll make me feel like a big man.

Yo Joe, I'll play some CoD with you sometime. Rank you up hardcore and show you the ropes.