Mr.Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Mar 27, 2011.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So, I have noticed quite a bit of Classics Rodimus hate.

Why are the haters hatin'?

He is a great figure!

And what is this ab00t his arms?

P.S. I probaly shouldn't be posting, but according to my clock it is 4:36 in the morning... but, the rage for Rodimus prime is undiserved. He is no Ironhide, Thunderwing, Galvatron, or Prowel. D= leave rodi alone, you don't know what he has been threw!!!

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Well I think the Classics figure is fitting. A horrible toy for a horrible leader. Lol. I keed..

I like the mold but its showing its age. I has articulation but its pretty much useless. He's an articulated brick lol.

3. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, Rodimus is one of the best in the classics line.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm as much a Rodimus fan as anyone, but here's why that mold isn't so stellar: the head is both tiny and not very evocative of the animation. The engine block sticks up on the chest blocking the head from sight from low angles. The arms have very limited articulation, only a ball jointed shoulder with almost no sideways motion and an elbow joint. No wrist, no elbow swivel. And finally, the spoiler sits pretty low on his back, I like it up higher.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a decent toy, but it's not a great Hot Rod. Car mode is excellent, but the chunky, shapeless robot mode doesn't really do much to evoke the lithe daredevil persona of the character. His boots and feet are big, blocky, and chunky, as opposed to the sleek angles of his G1 toy and animation model. The arms look really bad when they're straightened out, since they're just the wedge-shaped fenders/side panels. It's quite awkward looking.

And yeah, that dour expression on his face, and with a face sculpt that doesn't resemble the character in the least.

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like Rodimus alright, I admit his charm faded a bit after I got TFA Rodimus, but I still love his vehicle mode.
    (I broke the Classics one I had and now own Henkei.)

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it - got the Classics and Battle in Space versions, and I'm very much looking forward to Side Burn. :D 

8. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it and its fun. The worst part in his articulation for me that made me go huh the first time I had it was his weird elbows. They were always not that good.

9. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I'm a huge Hot Rod/Rodimus fanboy, but I think the classics mold is horrible. To the point that I kind of hate it for not being to figure I want it to be. In itself, it's not a bad Cybertron era toy, but as my 'classics' rodimus it just isn't good enough. weird articulation, off proportions and a totally souless headsculpt make me a sad puppy.

MP Rodimus and TFA Rodimus have given me the 2 perfect versions of this guy. I'd love a new deluxe version, but my hopes aren't high.

10. Kadrin

Kadrin Well-Known Member

Its a nice toy, awkwardly engineered.

The massive amounts of articulation issues should have bben solved at the concept stage, and the fact that it so badly compares to Galaxy Force Exillion as Hot Rod is also really ironic...

Image:CybExcellion toy.jpg - Transformers Wiki

I am glad I bought him, as I loved Hot Rods toy as a kid, must have bought him at least 3 times, but as a figure he just leaves lots to be desired compared to Classics Prime for example.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Cybertron Hotshot/Excellion old is a great mold if it wasn't for that figure i wouldn't be the fan i am today.

Not every toy has without waist articulation is bad.

The only problem i have with the mold is snapping the pegs that connect his hood chest toy the rest of the body thank god i have both BiS and Classics Rodimus.

12. Kadrin

Kadrin Well-Known Member

Yep, have that guy in blue and Red because he is such a great toy, especially when put next to Armada Wheeljack! They can fight with Dark/Star Sabers too

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's fine. I can't argue that the arms have less articulation then the average classics figures, but I really feel both alt and bot modes look great. I never thought his head looked small.

On that note, I am more surprised by the hate for Ironhide. His head is slightly tilted down, and of course it's blue for some reason, and his alt mode has some oddly painted windows. However, his robot mode has some of the best articulation and he looks like a gruff, tough bot and still undeniably Ironhide looking. His altmode is also a great throwback to the original, despite its inperfections.

14. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    the figure is terrible. Can't believe anyone finds that mold to be an excusable representation of Hot Rod, but to each his own I guess. Tiny head, terrible articulation, terrible proportions overall, vehicle mode is not even close to being as good as the one in the show, I could go on and on.

Rodimus is one of my favorite characters and I really hope they get around to redoing him, hell I'd take one with a mixed aesthetic from the upcoming movie line as long as he had regular limbs, a good head sculpt, and actually good proportions.

15. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Honestly, my rodimus will pretty much forever be in protector armor, so I don't even look at him as Classics Rodimus anymore.

16. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Classics Rodimus is not a bad toy for the first classics line but i will agree that and the seeker mold are both really showing their age.

17. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh, it's better than the original toy. It's good in my book. I got the Classics version, the BiS version that I am repainting into my own version of Wildrider and I will be getting Sideburn. He is one of my favorite figures in the whole Classic-verse.

18. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

The mold sucks really. You cant do much with it.

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I think it's a good mold but it does have it's limitations, particularly with the arm articulation. I still like it though.

20. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You mean as in posing? What are you trying to do with him. He's a toy, he transforms from robot to car. The classics mold transforms like the G1 toy. He's a great classics figure.