Mr. Jiggles (& Company) I NEED Your Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Oct 14, 2007.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I've always been more of a shy, introverted, type of person who is open about what I am and what I do. But, when it comes to the opposite sex I always seem to choke. Literally.

Like yesterday, on October 13th. I went with my Mom to the mall for her to get a ring appraised and some jewelry cleaned. I looked around in the small shop and walked across to the Sleep Number store. The sales lady who helped me was a short, but very attractive lady. We had idle chit chat, shared some friendly laughs, and I got some price quotes on some Sleep Number beds.

I didn't want to ask her out because, well, she was selling beds and I'm sure she's been hit on all the time. I was raised to be a gentlemen and chivalrous towards women (thanks, Mom and Dad) and I didn't want to seem inappropriate.

So, what can I do to start dating (quit laughing already you shmucks) and to build my confidence high enough to ask someone out? There is plenty of "fertile" territory at work to go through, but I'm not going to stop being a gentlemen. I do have confidence, and generally have high self confidence but when I go to try to utter those critical words they play through my mind but stop at the nose level before they reach my mouth. If I say something it is usually some asinine comment.

Please, y'all, give ya other brother from another mother some help!

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Tell her you wanna take one of those beds for a testdrive!

3. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Funny, but I almost said "the only thing this bed is missing is you laying beside me," but I didn't think it would've been appropriate.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How old are you?

5. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Okay, hold back your laughter and your comments as I type this once, and only once, you y'all's amusment.

I am 27 years old and will be 28 on November 3rd.

Now, hold back the comments on my age. I've taken things slow for awhile, and up until now I felt I wasn't ready to get into a relationship or even a "serious friendship."

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Wuts your sign? I think I know. Im in the same boat.

7. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I used to have the same problem you do. Its like you have this perfect thing to say and you are afraid you might mess it up before it gets out. You just have to man up and be real. The only thing they can say is no and if they say that and you are being yourself then its not really worth it.

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I typically find that asking out chicks at their work would be very awkward. Ive tried it once, and that was another failure. So now I always remind myself that they're nice to me because I'm a customer.

And I basically have got the same problem that you have. But also, my self confidence is quite low. I also always try to be very polite around women. Sadly, that seems to be a no-go in this world.

Also, will women who are attracted you you come up to you and talk to you? Ive not had anything like that happen in over 3 years now.:( 

9. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Sure women do that it 2007 some women are very forward. I have women hitting on me at work all the time.
    **Edit**
    But then again they just might be trying to get out of a ticket.

10. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Stalker her for awhile to see where she goes for lunch,then while away from the store bump into her and ask her out.

11. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    No stalking. No games. If you're interested, ask her out! It's not like it's going to kill you if you're rejected. Not everyone will match up perfectly and don't take it personally if it doesn't work. Just try it out! This whole business is too short to worry about what others think.

12. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Whip it out and slap her in the forehead with it from about 4 feet away. That'll get her attention.

But seriously, if you're interested in the girl, just tell her how you feel. You (or she) will never know unless you say something. The worst thing you can do is inaction. The worst thing she can do is reject you. If then, move on.

13. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Punch her in the ovaries if she does so. JK

You must die first in order to be alive, learn from the first mistake, which part went wrong, then relax and try for second one.

14. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Not asking a lady out while she is at work doesn't make you a gentleman. It makes you a pussy.

I know that's harsh, but the first step is realizing that 99 per cent of the time, there's always gonna be an excuse. You aren't faliling with women because of them, you're failing because of yourself.

You know where she works, you've already developed a repoire, just go in and ask her if she wants to get a cup of coffee. The worst she can say is 'No.', and if she does, then you don't have to worry about ever seeing her again.

I've actually got something that'll help you out a bit, but I'm walking out the door, so keep an eye and I'll try to post it later today or tomorrow.

15. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Chicks dig a-holes.

Just ask Jux.

16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'd swear, the simplest thing to say would be "hey, would you like to go out for dinner sometime?" it leaves things open ended, doesn't specify a date, and doesn't come right out and ask for a phone number. BUT it does give the vibe that you're interested in the girl.

17. Brawl

Brawl Master of Destruction

Yeah I agree with ckhtiger. You've established contact with her already by getting information on the beds. Now you just go back and say hello again and see if she would be interested in going out to dinner or for drinks some time. Now I realize asking to go to drinks is dependent on if you drink and if she drinks, but it's a little easier to get a woman to agree to drinks than dinner (I think they feel like there is a little less of a commitment there). Also something you could do, is along the lines of dinner, is see if she would like to go to lunch on her break one day.

This honestly works. I asked my wife to lunch one day after talking to her a couple times (that is the hard part, just getting the nerve to start talking). Then we went to have drinks one night, then dinner another time. Now four and half years later, we are married. So just be yourself, be calm and be preparred for rejection. It's gonna happen, but it will only make you more determined. Good luck!

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I saw a chick wearing a shirt that says "Nice guys sleep alone"

Explain how they'll never measure up to the Tundra. Then open your wallet, and flash them a pic of your TFW signature like a cop would a badge

Talk about movies, it's always a good convo starter
    Then ask her to see a movie with ya since it's boring watching them alone, after sitting in the theatre for 2 hours she'll get hungry, then take her to a restaurant

19. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I had 2 hours to say something to a girl I liked at a dance...

I didn't even say hi.

Girls seem to like bad boys, but if you like being a gentleman, just ask for dinner or something

20. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Ask Chaosbringer_00.

He's an expert at this stuff.